What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Carroll wants to play for NZ again

Fast Eddie

First Grade
Just caught the end of it ont he midday news. Toni Carroll wants to play for NZ again and said playing for the Kiwis at the WC was the proudest he has felt. Looked around a couple of sites but couldn't find a story on it yet......

doogiehowser_md

Juniors
Did anyone else catch the piece on Breakfast News on TV1 this morning about TC's availability for kiwis. They showed video of TC saying he's always said he's a kiwi and considers himself a kiwi and wants to play for the kiwis this year. He also said playing for the kiwis was one of his most proudest moments if not the proudest. I also read that book 'The Kiwis' and it had Frank Endicott saying he never doubted TCs pride and commitment for NZ>

I Personally would love to see him in the team imagine a backrow of Kidwell, SBW and TC you cant get harder than that. He may of played for the Aussies but I suppose thats what happens when you play origin. You play origin like it or not you HAVE to make yourself available for Austrailia. I would definately have TC in my team. Just waiting for Karmichael to come over now, and maybe with Beno on board it might not be a pipe dream.

sinbin

Juniors
I dont mind TC, in the past he's been in great form for the Bronco's, i would include him

hitman82

Bench
F*** that.
Carroll has no right being anywhere near the custom Kiwis jersey they'd have to make to accomodate his treacherous deformed chin.

Spike

First Grade
I don't think the kiwis want a player so fickle when representing "his" country. Make an alliance and stick with it Tonie.

Lego_Man

First Grade
No way should the jersey be whored out to that mercenary. And he's over the hill anyway.

Jesbass

First Grade
Spike said:
I don't think the kiwis want a player so fickle when representing "his" country. Make an alliance and stick with it Tonie.

It seems you don't know the NZRL very well... :crazy:

doogiehowser_md

Juniors
Im dead serious that we should pick TC. We got hammered by GB, AUS and nearly France with guys like Simon Mannering, Jeremy Smith, Greg Eastwood & Frank Pritchard in the backrow. Do you think in all honesty any of these guys would make the QLD origin team if they were QLDers?

TC is always a certain selection in the QLD team and guess what? QLD win and win quite regularly. With a backrow of TC, SBW and Kidwell you would have probably 3 out of 5 of the hardest hitters in the NRL the Aussie pack would be dropping their nuts big time.

Some of you say TC is too old but would pick Ruben Wiki in your team if he wasnt retired. Give me TC over Mannering, Pritchard, Eastwood, Smith and Fa'alogo any day!

Skinner

Coach
I've changed the title of this to reflect the fact that there is no link to the source (yet).

This should keep "D" happy admins at bay :D