What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Carroll wants to play for NZ again

Lossy

Juniors
Iafeta said:
With convinction and concrete set rules and philosophies like that, you'd be a perfect fit for the RLIF board.

There's an RLIF board? I thought the NRL ran it. :lol:

Concrete rules? If the rules are there and they are eligible then it's as concrete as they can be. What I see each year are league fans whinging about the same issue and doing exactly jack about it. Don't like it? Awesome. Get the rules changed. In NZ, that would mean nominating new people to the NZRL board. :lol: :lol: Oh... wait, wait while I wipe the tears from my eyes.

As to the philosophies: Yep, they're mine. I may not agree with Carroll putting his hand up, but I'm not going to tell him he shouldn't if I don't know him, or if there are grounds for him to. I'd prefer to pick the best from what we have access to, but because selection is subjective there isn't any 'concrete' philosophy to it. Piss your coach/selectors off, or not meet his/their criteria (passion for the Kiwi jersey, for instance) and see you later. I think that's called realism.

Nice to see you around Iafeta.

mean_maori_mean

Juniors
Beavers Headgear said:
With Bennett pulling the NZRL strings I fear this may happen

no chance in hell.

But with Bennett more likely to see Eastwood in a black jersey and also the video of kearney have Adam Blair and Jeff Lima trying to get on camera.

roughyedspud

Coach
i'd ban NZ from playing international rugby league...it's fairly obvious that your players,administrator & broadcaster think it's just like club rugby and players can 'transfer' between teams......

Jesbass

First Grade
roughyedspud said:
i'd ban NZ from playing international rugby league...it's fairly obvious that your players,administrator & broadcaster think it's just like club rugby and players can 'transfer' between teams......

Who let the potato troll out from under the bridge? :roll:

nadera78

Juniors
I'm English, so it doesn't directly affect me, but it does in thesense that once again tgg is being rdiculed because of the morons running it, and the players abusing it.

For me, this situation goes to the heart of the Kiwis' problems; too many players turning out for them because they can, not because they want to. There's a big difference. Guys doing it because they can are there for the money, the prestige, and the oportunities. Guys doing it because they want to are doing it because they care passionately about their country and take pride in representing their people, their family, their nation on the world stage.

Rugby League more than any other sport needs a tem made up of guys who desperately wnt to be there. Half-hearted efforts result in defeat.

roughyedspud

Coach
Jesbass said:
Who let the potato troll out from under the bridge? :roll:

stick your head in the sand mate,if you can't see it's players like carroll,moimoi,tuiaki that a ruining the new zealand RL team then you deserve them...

roll on the world cup

AuckMel

Bench
roughyedspud said:
if you can't see it's players like carroll,moimoi,tuiaki that a ruining the new zealand RL team

A bit like the clubs have been doing for years now.

shiznit

Coach
roughyedspud said:
stick your head in the sand mate,if you can't see it's players like carroll,moimoi,tuiaki that a ruining the new zealand RL team then you deserve them...

roll on the world cup
head in the sand?? your an idiot mate... you can get on your high horse when england stop picking Fa'asavalu.

hypocrite...

Jesbass

First Grade
roughyedspud said:

roll on the world cup

...right. So a guy who is eligible through international rules to represent New Zealand, says he's keen to wear the black and white, and your solution is ban New Zealand from playing international rugby league? So players like Moi Moi and co are ruining the Kiwis, but banning the team from playing any matches wouldn't?

:crazy:

Micistm

Bench
Been off the site for a couple of days...but did see Carroll on the morning show waxing lyrical with hand on heart his passionate kiwi heritage.
B.S, and pretty nausiating to watch really. If his heart was with NZ, that's who he would have chosen to represent through his career. He didn't, he opted for Aussie. Simple as that IMO, he's an Aussie, and should take his chances being picked for them

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
roughyedspud said:

Now that GB is spliiting up into the countries, i bet plenty of Welshmen will be 'transfering' their allegience to England so they can play quality internationals

roughyedspud

Coach
sorry guys you're all thick as pig sh*t.....carroll is playing you, he's only opted for NZ when he is'nt/was'nt good enough for australia..

Now that GB is spliiting up into the countries, i bet plenty of Welshmen will be 'transfering' their allegience to England so they can play quality internationals

so far 1 'welshman' & 1 'scotsman' ( carvell & gilmour), neither have played for those nations for years,have switched and thats their choice given 99% are dual qualifcation players, but what they won't do if f*ck & fanny about going from wales to england and back to wales.

head in the sand?? your an idiot mate... you can get on your high horse when england stop picking Fa'asavalu.

hypocrite...

how the f*ck am i a hypocrite you prat??

while i want fa'asavalu to play for samoa he has broken no rules to play for GB, HE'S NEVER PLAYED RUGBY LEAGUE ANYWHERE ELSE OTHER THAN IN GB and more importantly he's never played RL for samoa..

get a clue before you start comparing us to you..

Skinner

Coach
Spud, I think I once said that you were the biggest wanker I'd ever come across on this
board........that opinion has not changed.

Off you go now, off to save the International game.

Note to self - talk to Roopy about not releasing spud out into the open world

roughyedspud

Coach
Skinner said:
Spud, I think I once said that you were the biggest wanker I'd ever come across on this
board........that opinion has not changed.

Off you go now, off to save the International game.

Note to self - talk to Roopy about not releasing spud out into the open world

your opinion of me is not a issue i give a flying f*ck about..

Jesbass

First Grade
roughyedspud said:
your opinion of me is not a issue i give a flying f*ck about..

I guess that explains why you didn't reply to it, then. Oh, wait... :sarcasm:

dazza

Staff member
Jesbass said:
I was just quoting a media article from last night, dazza. ;-)

Either way, he accepted our offer after being overlooked by Australia, (presumably for the reson you've stated), and also after having previously rejected playing for us in the past.

that`s cool jess. we all know what the media are like anyway.

cheers dazza

Archangel2

Juniors
Rougheyedspud, alright nah mate the pigsh*t obviously didn't emigrate it stayed in the UK...so b4 you wet yourself heres a few facts brother, at the moment Kiwi League is on a bit of a rut, granted...but one we will eventually get out of. You on the other hand over there in Pommie land only have a comp because its been propped up for years by players from this end of the world, and considering the money considering the talent, has still when they have sent a National Team out on tour have performed poorly.
And before you go off on another little rant, about our team being disqualified or whatever, remember how many times your clubs have changed rules and not allowed kiwis playing over there to play for there country boyo! We can go into the history of that anytime you want, even name them...so maybe then the national teams of England should be disqualified as well you prat!

As for Skinner, Skinner and I dont see eye to eye about alot of things but by the look of his articles and work he puts in its obvious to most over here where his heart lies
As for Carroll, nope we aint being played by Carrols coments monkey boy, we know whats up...check what most of the postings say, sure we know he's a good player(bit long in the tooth maybe) and we have seen the damage he's done for the Ozzies...But no more likely than not he wont be in our team, and even if he was dickbrain its World Cup year and we can it seems pretty well do anything going by past years.

As for your team Spudboy here is a prediction, we've seen it all b4 spud you lot talk yourselves up then when it gets down to it, you choke! Oh and where's your coach from?

Lets see how your much vaunted team does against a fully fit, fully motivated, frontline team of Kiwis...Oh of course you could send that headcase of a prop out to neck a few kiwis, seems to be his style. But I think he'll have his hands full with the young bulls on the field... Skinners right your a wanker....Full of piss and wind, just run it straight!

But as you say, "Roll on the World Cup" We and the Ozzie's will send your team home with there balls in a sling and god help you when and if you run into Samoa...So lap the next few months up, as second best team Spuddy, lap it up a lot can change from one season to another.

Excelsior!

roughyedspud

Coach
i'll save that post mate and bring it back out on the 22nd november...

but i'll tell you this for nothing, i hope we do come up against samoa...cos that means we finished top of our group dipsh*t..thats also means you'll come up against the aussies in the semi's...thats assuming you beat PNG of course..

ps, i don't care that tony smith is a aussie,though he'll soon to take up british citizenship

Lets see how your much vaunted team does against a fully fit, fully motivated, frontline team of Kiwis

you talked about facts earlier brother, here a couple for you..

with stacey jones and a full compliment of "stars" NZ & GB matched each other 50/50 since 2002...check out the tri nations head to heads, i'm sure theres only 1 win separating us..hardly miles better than us....sure you won the tri nations...well done..

now without stacey jones & "stars" who seem as strong as wet paper bags you get hammered 3-0..

we're heading in opposite directions mate, and you ain't going up...

like i said roll on the world cup

AuckMel

Bench
roughyedspud said:
how the f*ck am i a hypocrite you prat??

while i want fa'asavalu to play for samoa he has broken no rules to play for GB,
Odd. You support one players right to abide by International law, but you vent utter disdain on another.

Hypocrite seems like an appropriate assumption.

Hopefully commonsence prevails and Carroll is told where to go.