What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cartman Parker just wants respect from everybody

TheVelourFog

First Grade
This is pretty much Paul Gallen though

Had one great Origin game, coasted off it for the rest of his pointless career

typicalfan

Coach
This. This is pretty much my entire point. Klemmer is absolutely nothing yet, he might be, but he just as easily (and statistically more likely) wont be. Webb had one outstanding year for the Cows and a memorable moment or two in the Origin arena but then turned into an absolute potato. Tony Williams looked like he'd be absolutely unstoppable, he showed us he was big/fast/skillful but then jointed Webb on the scrap heap just as quickly (faster really). Dave Taylor has more skill than Williams and could have been anything, he achieved far more than Klemmer has at the same stage of their careers and is likely to end up in England once his contract is up, if not before because nobody wants the lazy genius anymore. Andrew Fafita is a better player than all of these aforementioned players, yet seems to already be on the outer in the Origin arena after what? 3 or 4 games?

I dont see anything in Klemmer that says he'll be any better than these players mentioned above, in fact most of them were far more promising prospects at one point than he is right now.

Klemmer doesn't hide out wide like Taylor and Williams. And he is fitter than Webb ever was.

Klemmer has been a standout at club land too. In fact the Bulldogs missed him more than Graham when he was out suspended which sounds crazy given how good Graham is.

If Klemmer falls off the tracks then he only has himself to blame.

To be honest all this Klemmer talk has taken the heat off Woods and Tamou who have done the damage in the first two games of origin more so than Klemmer. Tamou has outplayed his club teammate comfortably while Woods has been very resilient.

Haffa

To be fair to Klemmer he's left it all on the ground. I don't think he's said a word since Game 2.

Probably knows his place and let's Parker continue to dig a hole for himself.

Craig Johnston

First Grade
it's funny that an article primary about cartman and his qld "team-mates", the toads still choose to talk about klemmer, they're more obsessed about him than we are

Canard

Immortal
it's funny that an article primary about cartman and his qld "team-mates", the toads still choose to talk about klemmer, they're more obsessed about him than we are

It's just another iteration of the "How tough is Klemmer" articles that have run non stop since Origin 2

Carl Webb II

The rest is some childish 13 year old girl gossip

MilkShark

First Grade
I have a journalist friend in Brissy and he said that Parker is a MASSIVE f**kwit.

The likes of Thaiday he said are accommodating and great to talk to. But Parker is the most grating areshole he's had to deal with.

So none of this is surprising to hear.

I can also back this up.

betcats

Referee
Anyone who is still whinging about respect 3 weeks after an origin game is obviously a f**kwit.

Ronnie Dobbs

Coach
Im not having a go, but explain how its different.

What you just said about Klemmer was said about Fafita as recently as last year. What exactly has Klemmer done?? he hasnt dominated at club level, and he's not particularly talented, at least no more than several other bench props. So aside from being aggressive, what does he bring to the table?

Im not trying to discredit the guy, but the Webb comparisons really arent far from the mark when you think about it. Both players were talked up as potential superstars without really achieving anything to warrant that tag.

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

Joker's Wild

Coach
Klemmer is fit and has stringed multiple impressive performances together, inclusive of SOO1 and 2

This alone sets him apart from Charlie "Golden Gloves" Webb

ek999

First Grade
I don't get the Klemmer hype either. He played tough in Origin for a while. Good, he's supposed to.

For me, he will always be that wanker who went off his tree at the ref earlier this year, when the ref made the correct call, and got put in the bin. He's an idiot who does not back up his aggression with rugby league work on the field.

Have you actually ever watched him play then? Because I don't think anyone that has actually watched him play would say that