What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cayless admits to drunken rage

Tyler Durden

Juniors
can i just check something here -

hindmarsh and cayless got on the booze after the anzac test on a friday night
we had to play on the saturday against the raiders - and i think that cayless and hindmarsh were named on the bench.

would it have been too much to expect for them to hold off the booze on friday ?

TheParraboy

Staff member
parra pete said:
Someone at Parramatta has hurt Phil Rothfield very bad over the past decade or so. The bloke has a passion for laying the boot into Brian Smith, Denis Fitzgerald . and the Eels Club in general
He loves looking for the negative.

the same can be said by a lot of parra fans themselves :D

Hellsy

Immortal
Tyler Durden said:
can i just check something here -

hindmarsh and cayless got on the booze after the anzac test on a friday night
we had to play on the saturday against the raiders - and i think that cayless and hindmarsh were named on the bench.

would it have been too much to expect for them to hold off the booze on friday ?
No. The incident happened on the Sunday night

Nikki

Coach
Yeah, the incident happened on the Sunday night. The night of the harbour cruise that Eric was on. lol.

Was thinking about this at work tho, and one thing that has me disappointed is that they chose to stay at Star City on the Sunday night to get on the piss. Both of these boys had been in camp all week with their respective Country teams. Both of these boys have GF's with new young children at home. Now maybe I am living in the dark ages, but when were they going to chose to go home to their families?

Hellsy

Immortal
Hindy had some appearance at Satr City if I remember rightly..... not that that is any reason at all.
Then again, maybe they knew they were going to have a big one and opted to stay in the city so they dis not drive home

half

Coach
cayless, really one of those captains who leads by example

getting drunk throughout the season is really pathetic, that's what mad monday's for. football players, amazingly, need muscles. without them they can't bust tackles and play well below their potential. they can't beef up if they get drunk, it's that simple. it's becoming more obvious that particular players - namely tim smith, mark riddell, nathan hindmarsh and nathan cayless, among others - are responsible for our horrible season to date. and i don't know if alcohol is the cause, but look at dean widders this year compared to last year. is he honestly so fickle and childish that he needs a coach to kick his ass into gear every second year to get back into shape? it's just pathetic. it's no surprise that when he takes training and dieting seriously he plays his best football. it's one thing to go through a form slump like john morris in the first few rounds, but what really irks me is the players who don't take their profession seriously - and i hope we keep that in mind come contract time because i don't want lazy childish idiots playing for parra

Nikki

Coach
Pity they havent grown up enough that a schooner of beer has more importance over your infant child.

Parra Guru

Coach
I cannot believe in the middle of all the sh*t that's happening, it was Nathan Cayless of all people - our captain!

Hindy should be handed the captaincy for the remainder of the season.

I'm not joking or making fun when I say I really feel for guys like Eelementary who are constantly defending Cayless' on field form slump substituting for his good leadership skills. He's let us down big time guys.

half

Coach
hindmarsh hasn't been pulling his weight this season, albeit he seems to have more to pull (but that's his own fault)

tahu and morro are obviously the most talented of our committed players, but i believe morris has the best qualities to captain our team. he has been with us for a while, plays naturally in a key position and his loyalty to parramatta can't be questioned

fish eel

Immortal
Morris and Morrison wont be here next year.

Tahu might be quiet but is very, very well respected.

half

Coach
morris will be here next year ffs. surely we are not nuts enough to let him go

i do think tahu is an excellent suggestion, mind you

Hellsy

Immortal
fish eel said:
I saw Half pass you that brown paper bag......;-)

:LOL: :LOL:
No no, credit where credit is due I think he would do the job just fine.
As many know I am not a fan of his, but despite being accused otherwise I do think he plays a good game of footy and I can praise him for it

Co-captaincy I think he would revel in it

fish eel

Immortal
I think it does Hells.

We should be building for next year.

If the captaincy changes, which I think it should after this effort, why change it for a leadership structure that won't be around next year?

hineyrulz

Post Whore
hindmarsh not pulling weight you are joking right 64 tackles against the cowboys 51 last week hes only one man

Latest posts