What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cayless admits to drunken rage

Stagger eel

Staff member
Redback71 said:
see the one thing everyone took for granted was the effect brian smith and on the players, he brought discipline and professionalisim and kept the players under control, the players respected him and it showed in there behaviour now that brian has gone all thats gone with him and our players are becoming more like the bulldogs every day.

Brians was still at the club when those incidents took place.

theory :arrow: window.

strider

Post Whore
Redback71 said:
see the one thing everyone took for granted was the effect brian smith and on the players, he brought discipline and professionalisim and kept the players under control, the players respected him and it showed in there behaviour now that brian has gone all thats gone with him and our players are becoming more like the bulldogs every day.

well brian was around for these incidents ... but seems he wasn't in total control i guess

Nikki

Coach
But all this has happened before he left. Makes you wonder if he has been talking to brick walls for the last 8 months. I know footballers are stoopid, but comeon. They are grown men who are old enough to know right from wrong. You cant point the finger at anyone other than those that caused the trouble. They all have to be accountable for thier own actions and suffer consequences where neccesary.

Stagger eel

Staff member
strider said:
well brian was around for these incidents ... but seems he wasn't in total control i guess

yep, because he was finding it increasingly difficult to control himself it seems.

Utey

Coach
Its a f*cken sad day when a dogs fan gives it too me first thing in the morning. We pride ourselves on having such a good record. Not happy right now.

spiderdan

Bench
Maroubra Eel said:
Hmmm maybe Riddell was trying to do what he thought was the right thing then.....interesting.
maybe the kid has some issues at home on his mind.

there is more to the story than the papers are letting out.

strider

Post Whore
eelavation said:
yep, because he was finding it increasingly difficult to control himself it seems.

are you breaking another story about BS on the piss eela? :lol: :lol:

what's he not controlling about himself?

Nikki

Coach
If thats the case, get his parents down here for a weekend. Maybe he just needs his mum to grab him by the ear and pull him into line...

Just a question, maybe someone on here will know the answer. With Brian gone, does that mean Aunty Kay has gone too. She has done well as a kind of mother figure to the boys and I have seen her on many occasions taking on that role with them. Maybe they have lost her influence too?

Goleel

Juniors
Damn, I heard this story through the bar-room grapevine the other week, just wrote it off as more drunken rambling from a few guys, have to give those blokes more credit in the future, they were dead on the mark about this one.

Eh, just another horrible incident in a horrible season. Nothing can surprise me now.

No Aunty Kay is still here. She getting more and more upset with things, Considering she has taken on more of the Accounting role since we lost some of them earlier in the year and have yet to replace them. Maybe it seems Aunty Kay doesn't have time to be the Mother figure to these men.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
holy Telecrap Batman

3 pages of stories on the Eels in todays sports section

we dont get this much press when we are winning, but ths sh*t sells newspapers, obviously

hopefully one day so we can read a story about winning a game of League

spiderdan

Bench
Nikki said:
If thats the case, get his parents down here for a weekend. Maybe he just needs his mum to grab him by the ear and pull him into line...
maybe his issues involve one of his parents and that's why the kid wants to go home......or maybe i'm just speculating.

in any case the kid needs some time and space to clear his head and everyone that bags him should give him that time and space.

the whole media beat up with that story is blown way out of proportion. yes they had a few drinks and piggy didn't turn up to training but it's not like they were trashed off their brains and went on a rampage.

Stagger eel

Staff member
strider said:
what's he not controlling about himself?

don't worry about it mate, it's really not worth it anymore there are people here that still believe that things are juuuuust fiiine...

let's move on.

Oh No, Things are in Crisis. We Really need someone Strong in the club to Get them all together, all grades, all players, all coachs, and all staff, and lay down the law.

We need to employ a few more people in the front office. I also think everyone needs to do fish training.

spiderdan

Bench
MarkInTheStands said:
Oh No, Things are in Crisis. We Really need someone Strong in the club to Get them all together, all grades, all players, all coachs, and all staff, and lay down the law.

We need to employ a few more people in the front office. I also think everyone needs to do fish training.
:roll: back to fish training.:)

y'know what? at this stage of the season and the way things are going, fish philosophy training may very well help.

Well lets Check of the 4 points of Fish shall we.

* Choose your Attitude
* Be There
* Have Fun
* Make their day.

So The Players choose to be there they choose there attitude, to work as hard as they can for the club. In doing so things might get a little better and they will have fun, which will make their customers (us) day.

Fish time.

At least lets not be negative Nancys or Chicken Little.

parralight

Juniors
Cammo said:
Yeah I know, I just don't think it deserves the whole front page of the sports section, he apologised and paid for the damages.

By all means report the incident, but to blow it up like she has does nothing for the image of the game. Cayless has already paid his dues for his misdemeanor and doesn't need some hack journalist blowing it all up in the media.

That's just my opinion anyway.

Cammo - I like your style. Come onto our site whenever you want.
I especially applaud your signature regarding violence.

Hellsy

Immortal
Caylo Caylo Caylo... I was disappointed when I read the paper this morning.... he really should be in some trouble as well.

Caylo, Tim, Piggy.. what they have done is wrong, but they are showing what kind of state our club is in at the moment... trouble!!!

I don't know what is happening with Timmy at the moment but I hope there is nothing wrong with a family member, as that could seriously mess with a kids head. And while I don't agree on any level that Pig took him for some beers to talk about it, I think someone needs to have a chat to the kid and see if they can support him through this time.

fish eel

Immortal
Nathan Cayless is not fit to be the cpatain of this side for the rest of the year tbh.

He needs to be setting the standard.

Sounds like he is, and thats the problem

Latest posts