What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Central Coast Bears, 2013.

Status
Not open for further replies.

CQ Italia

Juniors
yet when the full nrl deal is finalised it will be in line with afl's with two less teams (until expansion is implemented than negotiated whenever that may be) as rugby league is supported strongly from not only Brisbane and Sydney but the regional heartlands. Whoever the two best bids are should be rewarded, we'll see hopefully in due time.

Beowulf

Juniors
Flo was smiling after his meeting at League HQ today......time to ramp it up Bears fans! News to follow coming from the volunteers branch of the club...what fans can do to help the bid....possibly tomorrow. Will post here with details.

rednblack

Juniors
I find it incredulous that RL fans would go and follow another code (especially a despised one) just because they don't have a NRL team on their doorstep. I would rather slice off my testicles than become a Western Force supporter!

Who do you support in the NRL pr?

Perth Red

Post Whore
Melbourne. Mainly because they got quite a few Reds connections in the early days and they are the only real expansion side the games got.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Flo was smiling after his meeting at League HQ today......time to ramp it up Bears fans! News to follow coming from the volunteers branch of the club...what fans can do to help the bid....possibly tomorrow. Will post here with details.
'

It's interesting Bombers are also making a big announcement next week. Seems the bids are ramping up again for some reason?

Alex28

Coach

Was this after he delivered his petition to have the Bears in an expanded competition? For an area that has a population of nearly 300,000 he managed to get a total number of...

5,165 signatures.

Seriously... Given the size and scale of the NRL if you can't even get all of your members to sign a petition to have the club admitted to the competition why even do it? The average league fan is reading that in the Sun-Herald today and thinking it is a bit of a joke...

Was this after he delivered his petition to have the Bears in an expanded competition? For an area that has a population of nearly 300,000 he managed to get a total number of...

5,165 signatures.

Seriously... Given the size and scale of the NRL if you can't even get all of your members to sign a petition to have the club admitted to the competition why even do it? The average league fan is reading that in the Sun-Herald today and thinking it is a bit of a joke...

I challenge you to get more signatures in 2 weeks from other bid areas. Including the big one Brisbane.

5,165 signatures.

Mate you have got it wrong......according to RBB and his mates the catchment area is 1.1 million :lol::lol:

Perth Red

Post Whore
Lol, like the arlc is going to invest tens of millions of $'s on a petition of a few thousand people. Hate to say I told you so but......

Lol, like the arlc is going to invest tens of millions of $'s on a petition of a few thousand people. Hate to say I told you so but......

Actually tens on millions would only need to be spent on expansion teams where league has no real foothold. Qld, NSW and bids with stadiums and fans already don't need anywhere near that much to be spent on.

And also what's so funny about trying all avenues? You yourself, have suggested that bombers have big news coming and as reported cqld met with Gyngell. CCBears met with Matiske and a few commission members. Don't have a laugh over us having a dig mate. Thought you would have more humility than that to be honest especially considering that you were ready to put a mortgage on your team coming in pre tv rights deal.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Nonsense, any expansion team is going to cost the NRL a min NRL grant (prob around $6mill a year) plus travel plus extra ref and admin costs of having a 9 th game.

What's funny is that the petition was always likely to get low numbers, I was generous and said 7k. A petition of that few people is actually a negative not a positive!

Nonsense, any expansion team is going to cost the NRL a min NRL grant (prob around $6mill a year) plus travel plus extra ref and admin costs of having a 9 th game.

What's funny is that the petition was always likely to get low numbers, I was generous and said 7k. A petition of that few people is actually a negative not a positive!

Petition never had a proper chance to reach the majority of people it was intended too due to beig conceived so close to a pre organized meeting. Still if you want to bag on that feel more than welcome too (which you evidently are). I could care less really, the CCBears will keep working to their strengths and keep moving forward.

Also we'd cost the game no less than an existing side in heartland territory. Don't be assuming what a side in WA would cost compared to one in NSW or QLD, because its incomparable. Like you said around $6million, where as your team would be the aforementioned tens of millions..

Alex28

Coach
The new contract hasn't dictated any expansion right? I can't see it happening and you have to be wondering what exactly is the motivation by those being paid within the clubs seeking admittance - is it for the club or is it to keep a salary?

The NRL needs to come out once and for all and tell them either yes or no. No point wasting hard working people's cash on the basis of a non-event...

Beowulf

Juniors
Petition never had a proper chance to reach the majority of people it was intended too due to beig conceived so close to a pre organized meeting. Still if you want to bag on that feel more than welcome too (which you evidently are). I could care less really, the CCBears will keep working to their strengths and keep moving forward.

Also we'd cost the game no less than an existing side in heartland territory. Don't be assuming what a side in WA would cost compared to one in NSW or QLD, because its incomparable. Like you said around $6million, where as your team would be the aforementioned tens of millions..

Yep it was done to get something to them before Grand Final day to remind them that some of us are still pushng for expansion.

A great result when you consider many members are children, elderly without email/facebook access, which is how this was driven. For example, my family of 5 are members - only I signed the petition as i thought it improper to make up a comment from 5/4/1 year olds. My Dad is a member but has no email or computer - he didn't know of it till yesterday! So out of 6 members, only 1 responded.

The Bears membership drives have targetted the kids on the coast as their future support base, so most of them wouldn't be able to respond either.

So probably 1/3 at best of members voted, meaning a significant amount were from non-members - just RL fans of other clubs who empathise with our situation. Thanks to all these fellow league fans.

Beowulf

Juniors
The ARLC should be releasing the game's Strategic Plan later this year or early 2013.
Fingers crossed CC, CQ, WA and a SEQ side are all part of it over 2 expansion windows. All bids need certainty otherwise all these millions have been wasted, and the public will be much more reluctant to get involved for all of us next time.

2 in 2015/6, next 2 at start of new tv deal please!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts