What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Central Coast Bears, 2013.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I didn't count them at all. All I said was 3/5 because that's how many times the cc was mentioned. Or will you guys try to debate that too?

So if all five said, "I don't want the Central Coast in" then this would have led to 5/5 because they got a mention?

Bollocks.

BDGS

Bench
lol despite the unwarranted attacks above i will stay out of that.

I just got back from the Coast today, i didn't think it was possible but the amount of Central Coast Bears merchandise has grown further. 90% of the kids had the arm bands on, most people wearing something red and black. There was more red and black then there was mariners colours, which is weird because aren't they in with a chance of making the grand final? You would of sworn it was the Central Coast NRL team that was close to making the grand final.

The Central Coast Bears, are too big to be denied now imho. I spoke to a few of the locals, everybody is confident of getting a team. I thought it would take the this bid 2-3 years of actually playing in the NRL to be accepted as a genuinely Central Coast team, but it has happened two years before they make their debut.

So if all five said, "I don't want the Central Coast in" then this would have led to 5/5 because they got a mention?

Bollocks.

Take your "If's" to the other thread mate. What's been said has been said. All I did was quote some positive remarks about the cc nrl bid. Had they for example said Brisbane I'm sure it would have been mentioned in the other thread. Why you decided to turn that into a negative I don't know. Chin up champ don't worry there is alot more support for the Central Coast Bears than you think and after another successful weekend membership drives with 120 odd new members, things are looking very bright.

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
I just got back from the Coast today, i didn't think it was possible but the amount of Central Coast Bears merchandise has grown further. 90% of the kids had the arm bands on, most people wearing something red and black. There was more red and black then there was mariners colours, which is weird because aren't they in with a chance of making the grand final? You would of sworn it was the Central Coast NRL team that was close to making the grand final..
lol, just lol. You are truly a funny, funny man. Maybe if you took off the red and black glasses?

The Central Coast Bears, are too big to be denied now imho.
This should be imcbo. In My Completely Biased Opinion.

I spoke to a few of the locals, everybody is confident of getting a team. I thought it would take the this bid 2-3 years of actually playing in the NRL to be accepted as a genuinely Central Coast team, but it has happened two years before they make their debut.
Poor bastards. Just want to live their life and some dickhead bails them up with his bullsh*t.

This whole post would be laughable if it wasn't so delusionally sad.

Last edited:

BDGS

Bench
lol, just lol. You are truly a funny, funny man. Maybe if you took off the red and black glasses?

This should be imcbo. In My Completely Biased Opinion.

Poor bastards. Just want to live their life and some dickhead bails them up with his bullsh*t.

This whole post would be laughable if it wasn't so delusionally sad.

Must be great to he a faceless keyboard hero.

Either take the opinion of someone that was there or stfu and stop filling this forum with useless crap. On your bike son.

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
Must be great to he a faceless keyboard hero.
I'm not, thanks. And either are you - you're a keyboard zero continuing to hide behind a BDGS moniker when blind freddie and mentally disabled Teddie can see that you're a Bears fan.

Either take the opinion of someone that was there or stfu and stop filling this forum with useless crap. On your bike son.

I've been to the CC recently too son and I didn't see red and black everywhere I went son. I saw support for the bears here and there but not an overwhelming tide, son. You're feeble attempts at hyperbole won't cut it with me son.

I will continue to post against your utter tripe, son, because I believe that you are full of sh*t and detrimental to the valuable information that other bears supporters post.

I'd say on your bike to you son but I doubt if you've even mastered that skill.

adamkungl

Immortal
I was recently on the CC and EVERY SINGLE PERSON was wearing red and black. Everyone had decorated their houses with red and black streamers, and all cars were re-painted to be red and black. And also actual live Bears happily roamed the streets and interacted with the locals and didn't even eat them. Oh and those Bears were wearing Bears jerseys.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
I love how those who are generally (or specifically) opposed to the Central Coast Bears seem to, when confronted with a good argument or undeniable fact about the bid, seem to make sure everything about it gets bogged down in semantics and then make stupid generalised statements about "not every house is covered in red and black" etc etc.

Of course there aren't people everywhere wanting it, but the interest is there. New CCB jerseys and shirts are now commonplace on main streets or in shopping centres, the membership team is at a public location every weekend, this weekend alone signed up 120 members. Stickers on cars are slowly competing with those f**king annoying Souffs stickers, people are taking notice. It's not everywhere but the tide is building.

Too many of your are also allowing your annoyance at BDGS's overexuberance to cloud your opinion of the actual bid.

applesauce

Bench
I love how those who are generally (or specifically) opposed to the Central Coast Bears seem to, when confronted with a good argument or undeniable fact about the bid, seem to make sure everything about it gets bogged down in semantics and then make stupid generalised statements about "not every house is covered in red and black" etc etc.

Bit rich coming from the "But we have 5000 members" brigade.

Considering the standard tune coming from the CC fans here started off as - "This is a CC team not a Sydney team we won't be competing for fans/viewers" - to BNE fans saying you are in the regional market and not worth more. To CC fans discovering they are in the metro market, equaling - "We actually in the Sydney OZtam ratings our ratings are worth more now".

But doesn't the later cancel out the first...? :sarcasm:

Bit rich coming from the "But we have 5000 members" brigade.

Considering the standard tune coming from the CC fans here started off as - "This is a CC team not a Sydney team we won't be competing for fans/viewers" - to BNE fans saying you are in the regional market and not worth more. To CC fans discovering they are in the metro market, equaling - "We actually in the Sydney OZtam ratings our ratings are worth more now".

But doesn't the later cancel out the first...? :sarcasm:

It's over 6000 members.

Every team will be competiting for good tv slots regardless of location or how new they are.

CC is a regional market but gets put into Sydney metro oztam. Ad space is more valuable.

AlwaysGreen

Immortal

Of course there aren't people everywhere wanting it, but the interest is there. New CCB jerseys and shirts are now commonplace on main streets or in shopping centres, the membership team is at a public location every weekend, this weekend alone signed up 120 members. Stickers on cars are slowly competing with those f**king annoying Souffs stickers, people are taking notice. It's not everywhere but the tide is building.

Too many of your are also allowing your annoyance at BDGS's overexuberance to cloud your opinion of the actual bid.
No question there is support for the bears on the CC. But the way that BearDGS paints the picture you'd think that the coast was one big bears lovefest and the streets are dripping with red and black.

BearDGS is the biggest clown on this forum. Threads that once were genuine discussion pages with accurate info have degenerated into farce since he started posting on them with his mixture of bullsh*t and fantasy. Blokes like RB&B have since had to defend the bears bid due to his claims which he pitifully tries to hide as facts.

I'm am not against the bid, although I state again that I believe a proper Brisbane bid is a better option.

bobmar28

Bench
lol despite the unwarranted attacks above i will stay out of that.

I just got back from the Coast today, i didn't think it was possible but the amount of Central Coast Bears merchandise has grown further. 90% of the kids had the arm bands on, most people wearing something red and black. There was more red and black then there was mariners colours, which is weird because aren't they in with a chance of making the grand final? You would of sworn it was the Central Coast NRL team that was close to making the grand final.

The Central Coast Bears, are too big to be denied now imho. I spoke to a few of the locals, everybody is confident of getting a team. I thought it would take the this bid 2-3 years of actually playing in the NRL to be accepted as a genuinely Central Coast team, but it has happened two years before they make their debut.

Arrogance?

Goddo

Bench
I was recently on the CC and EVERY SINGLE PERSON was wearing red and black. Everyone had decorated their houses with red and black streamers, and all cars were re-painted to be red and black. And also actual live Bears happily roamed the streets and interacted with the locals and didn't even eat them. Oh and those Bears were wearing Bears jerseys.

:lol:

Version 6

Staff member
I just got back from the Coast today, i didn't think it was possible but the amount of Central Coast Bears merchandise has grown further. 90% of the kids had the arm bands on

Mate you could have gone conservative and said that "quite a few" kids had the arm bands on. Or even "heaps" of the kids had arm bands on.

But you just claimed that 90% of children on the Central Coast wear Central Coast Bears armbands. 90%. You know thats 90 out of every 100, right?

Keefy

Juniors
I am from the Cental Coast, I hope they get in but I wont be supporting them!
I always hated the bears anyway!

Beowulf

Juniors
I know heaps of people just like you.

Awesome to hear so many hope they get in - it will be great for the Coast. Who they support NOW is not the point (though over 4,000 have become financial members on the Coast). Over time, most will come around as happens everywhere, because their kids will all be CC Bears fans.....that's who the CC Bears are targetting. And with the CCDRL on board, the Bears are making great headway with the junior clubs now.

For those that don't come around, no problem - they can sit in the bay with the 1,000 away teams fans and boo the Bears.
Go to Parramatta mall today and you'll see half the kids wearing Tigers or Bulldogs jerseys.

So you're saying if a Brisbane2 side came in everyone in south Brisbane would exclusively support that side?!!! Don't let the NRL hear that the Titans and Broncos are about to lose half their support base!

BDGS

Bench
Mate you could have gone conservative and said that "quite a few" kids had the arm bands on. Or even "heaps" of the kids had arm bands on.

But you just claimed that 90% of children on the Central Coast wear Central Coast Bears armbands. 90%. You know thats 90 out of every 100, right?

No i didn't, i claimed that 90% of the kids i saw on that particular day were wearing the arm bands.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts