What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Central Coast Bears, 2013.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
:lol: As I said mac, don't let your blind hatred of the CC cloud facts.

That said, Ronny's not exactly a picture of sanity...

macavity

Referee
:lol: As I said mac, don't let your blind hatred of the CC cloud facts.

That said, Ronny's not exactly a picture of sanity...

As long as in return you don't let your perverse attachment to Mount-Druitt-by-the-sea cloud facts, it is a deal......

Perth Red

Post Whore
David Gallop has said the game has lost 40,000 fans with the removal of the Bears
I'd love to know how he calcultated that. Not saying he is wrong but for the life of me I can't figure out how on earth you could come up with any sort of valid or reliable methodology that could give you an accurate figure.

BDGS

Bench
No it was the majority of clubs, every NSW club plus more voted against you. Face it NSW has too many teams and you add nothing to the biggest revenue by far this game has (TV dollars).

No, you are wrong because you rely on printed media.

BDGS

Bench

I'd love to know how he calcultated that. Not saying he is wrong but for the life of me I can't figure out how on earth you could come up with any sort of valid or reliable methodology that could give you an accurate figure.

To be fair, when he said that he said "about". Other figures have revealed a much higher number that left the game due the Bears being kicked out. Although, we'll just go by what the CEO says.

mightybears

Bench
To be fair, when he said that he said "about". Other figures have revealed a much higher number that left the game due the Bears being kicked out. Although, we'll just go by what the CEO says.

would also be very interested to know how 'about 40,000' is worked out, as personally i'd say higher.

clarency

Juniors
The NRL have said location is irrelevant among the candidates.

If you're referring to the quote which went something like:

"We have no preference for location"

Then you're grossly misinterpreting what he's saying.

He means there is no initial leniency towards having a team in one location or the other. He's not saying that location has no impact on the success or failure of a bid. Of course he's not! That would be rediculous! There's no way in the world any business (or even a person buying a house) isn't going to take into account the location in making an important business decision. It's one of the single largest factors involved in the process.

Look at the AFL. They based their decision entirely upon location and practically nothing else. Granted this was foolish, but it demonstrates it's importance.

BDGS

Bench
Funny how they focus on certain things and don't answer other things.

Anyway, i'm going up to the Central Coast Today. I wonder if the overall community support for the Central Coast Bears have gotten stronger or remains the same.

6. Should the NRL expand and, if so, who should get the next franchise?

Matthew Elliott: There certainly needs to be another team in south-east Queensland. I'm a supporter of Gosford.

Shane Webke: We are the NRL … my order would be Perth and then a toss-up between the Central Coast and Central Queensland.

Wayne Pearce: If they elect not to go for the Central Coast, they should go into South Australia or Perth.

Tommy Raudonikis: There's a lot of teams in financial trouble. So why would you put more clubs in there to struggle?

Daniel Anderson: It shouldn't be discounted but I don't know enough about the situation to give a considered opinion.

http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/...lips-as-big-kickoff-looms-20110305-1birk.html

3/5 not bad.

lol, just because CC is mentioned in 3 doesn't mean you can count them.

Firstly, Webcke states it is a toss up between CC and CQ so you can only count that as a half. Secondly, Pearce doesn't state a preference for the CC at all. He only mentions that the NRL might not choose them.

So you have 1 supporter, one half supporter and one three guys who do not state a preference for the CC.

1.5/5 isn't that good.

Spitty

Juniors
lol, just because CC is mentioned in 3 doesn't mean you can count them.

Firstly, Webcke states it is a toss up between CC and CQ so you can only count that as a half. Secondly, Pearce doesn't state a preference for the CC at all. He only mentions that the NRL might not choose them.

So you have 1 supporter, one half supporter and one three guys who do not state a preference for the CC.

1.5/5 isn't that good.

Not often I agree with a Parra fan, but he's got this right.

Now I've heard some mindless propaganda on this thread by CC supporters (and I am in favour of CC, in principle) but saying 3/5 based on those 5 comments takes the cake.

Thats a classic example of only hearing what you want to hear.

I didn't count them at all. All I said was 3/5 because that's how many times the cc was mentioned. Or will you guys try to debate that too?

Spitty

Juniors
I didn't count them at all. All I said was 3/5 because that's how many times the cc was mentioned. Or will you guys try to debate that too?

Granted you didn't specifically say 3 people supporting the CC bid. But I think 90% of readers would have drawn that inference from what you wrote.

I tend to think your now glad that you worded it the way you did. Because now you can back away from it.

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
6. Should the NRL expand and, if so, who should get the next franchise?

Matthew Elliott: There certainly needs to be another team in south-east Queensland. I'm a supporter of Gosford.

3/5 not bad.
One of those was Matthew Elliot so it's really 2/5.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts