What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Central Coast Bears, 2013.

Status
Not open for further replies.

AuDragon

Juniors
No i didn't, i claimed that 90% of the kids i saw on that particular day were wearing the arm bands.
Sure, so either all the kids that wear those armbands came to great you, or according to any normal survey stats, 90% of the kids in the area wear those armbands...
In other words, you're greatly exagerating as usual! :roll:

BDGS

Bench
I'm sorry, were you there also?

All people that weren't there shut the f**k up.

TEST CRICKET LEGEND ARTHUR MORRIS SIGNS UP AS CENTRAL COAST BEARS’ 6,000TH MEMBER
7th February, 2011 | Posted by Central Coast Bears.
The Central Coast Bears achieved yet another historic milestone, when it smashed through the 6,000 membership barrier on Saturday 5 March 2011.
In reaching the impressive landmark, the red & blacks, who are hot on the heels of an NRL licence in 2013, also signed Australian cricketing legend Arthur Morris as its 6,000th member.
The Bears also signed more than 120 new members at leading Central Coast Shopping Centre, Erina Fair and Kincumber Gym on a remarkable day for the club.
A resident of Tarragal Glen Retirement Village at Erina, Mr Morris, Sam Loxton and Neil Harvey are the only remaining members of Sir Donald Bradman’s magnificent 1948 Invincibles, which also included superstars Keith Miller, Ray Lindwall, Lindsey Hassett and Sid Barnes.
The Invincibles were the first touring team to play an entire English tour without losing a test or county match, with Mr Morris leading the test aggregates (696 runs) and averages (87). *Sir Donald Bradman selected Mr Morris as an opening batsman in his ‘best team in cricket history’, which includes Sir Garfield Sobers, Sachin Tendulkar and Dennis Lillee and Lindwall.
Also a NSW rugby league school boy representative, Mr Morris, now 89 said, “The people of the Central Coast are very keen on rugby league, so it’s important they have a team to support.
“I hope the Central Coast Bears are successful in achieving this and I’ll be at the games to cheer the team on,” he added.
Greg Florimo, CEO of the Central Coast Bears, said the support of Australian sporting royalty such as Arthur Morris is a massive show of faith in the Central Coast Bears.
“Arthur wished us well and was impressed with our efforts in signing 6,000 members,” said Mr Florimo, who also enjoyed sporting success against the English with the Australian Rugby League Kangaroos in 1994.
Mr Florimo added that breaching the 6,000 member mark was delivering on an NRL edict to build membership and engage with the Central Coast and North Shore communities.
“It’s clear that the Central Coast wants an NRL team, while our membership drives are also helping us re-engage disenfranchised NRL fans on the North Shore,” said Mr Florimo.
*“Hitting 6,000 members is also a tremendous achievement as we don’t have the luxury of rolling out superstars such as Sam Burgess, Mitchell Pearce, Darren Lockyer or Kieran Foran at our membership drives.
“We have a small team at head office and a core of volunteers who have committed thousands of hours at more than 50 membership drives over the last two years.”
Mr Florimo was also singled out Erina Fair for its ongoing support for the Central Coast Bears.
"Our membership drives at Erina Fair have been consistently successful with hundreds of members joining up while shopping at the retail precinct, So it was fitting we hit the 6,000 mark during our latest visit to Erina Fair,” said Mr Florimo.
Steve Beaumont, Erina Fair Centre Manager, said,” Erina Fair is glad to support local sports initiatives like the Central Coast Bears. With hundreds of shoppers signing their support for the club it is a testament to how involved the Central Coast Community is in investing into local sport”

http://centralcoastbears.com.au/new...gns_up_as_central_cast_bears_6000_member.html

The next Central Coast Bears membership drives are on @

MCDONALDS ERINA
DATE: Saturday 12th March, 9:30am - 4pm
BRIDGEPOINT SHOPPING CENTRE MOSMAN
DATE: Saturday 12th March, 9:30am - 4pm

Central Coast Bears @ 6083 financial members.

bluetongue_main_left.jpg

Go the Bears!

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Sure, so either all the kids that wear those armbands came to great you, or according to any normal survey stats, 90% of the kids in the area wear those armbands...
In other words, you're greatly exagerating as usual! :roll:
It's this sort of dumb semantic crap that pulls the discussion in this thread down.

I think what he said was pretty straightforward. He never made an insinutation that 90% of the junior population of the entire region were wearing Bears armbands. Crapping on about whether it was this many at one ground, half a child or the exact number is pathetic.

The point is, the junior kids love the fact there could be a team to aspire to in their own town.
I heard that periods attract Bears :|
:lol: :lol:

AuDragon

Juniors
It's this sort of dumb semantic crap that pulls the discussion in this thread down.

I think what he said was pretty straightforward. He never made an insinutation that 90% of the junior population of the entire region were wearing Bears armbands. Crapping on about whether it was this many at one ground, half a child or the exact number is pathetic.

The point is, the junior kids love the fact there could be a team to aspire to in their own town.

:lol: :lol:
I can tell by this rethoric that you're a real expert in dumb semantics... :roll:

Timmah

Staff member
I can tell by this rethoric that you're a real expert in dumb semantics... :roll:

And I can tell by your response you're deliberately trolling and have nothing of value to add.

What is rethoric anyway? :lol:

AuDragon

Juniors
And I can tell by your response you're deliberately trolling and have nothing of value to add.

What is rethoric anyway? :lol:
Pointing out the flaws in argumentation is trolling, is it?

I guess calling someone's argument dumb semantics is the way to go when you don't actually have anything to counter it, not to speak of the good old catching out of spelling mistakes, and having a good laugh at your own tasteless humor. Did you pat yourself in the back too? :sarcasm:

Btw, what is insinutation? :roll:

Beowulf

Juniors
http://www.theroar.com.au/2011/03/10/lets-say-it-again-the-central-coasts-time-is-now/

Say it again, Central Coast’s time is now
The strengths of the Central Coast bid have been enunciated clearly over the past year and last week the Bears were promised $3.5 million for offices and training facilities by Premier-in-waiting, Barry O’Farrell.
The Bears hold their season-launch this Friday at Terrigal and have every right to be quietly optimistic with regard their chances of inclusion into the competition.
It is a fact that the Central Coast Bears have secured 6,100 financial members – 4,200 of them from the Central Coast – with a staff of just four and a band of about 15 volunteers (cricket legend and Central Coast resident Arthur Morris was the 6,000th member).
The NRL asked the Bears to provide members to prove support – they have delivered in spades. In recent months the tally is growing by an average of 119 per week.
If the NRL want to “fish where the fishes are”, they are on the Coast.
Another angle that must be considered is the effect that not bringing a team in on the Central Coast would have.
I would contend that no bidding franchise would be as critically damaged by rejection for expansion in 2013 (or 2014) than the Central Coast.
This crucial element entitles the Bears, as the bookies agree, to favouritism for inclusion, provided the NRL and its IC regard the Central Coast Bears bid as being of worthwhile strategic value. Simply put, unlike the other bid locations, it’s now or never.
Some Sydney teams will object to a Central Coast entry based on self-interest – a perceived reduction of corporate opportunities (as will the Broncos and Titans towards any SEQ bid).
The ownership model proposed by Ken Sayer of Mortgage House eliminates most of the arguments.
With sponsor support from loyal Bear organisations such as Norths Leagues and JJ Lawsons, the other clubs aren’t missing out on what they would never have got. It’s the story of being involved with possibly Australia’s greatest team sporting comeback that is inspiring corporate support, along with access to one of NSW’s youngest and fastest growing demographic.
While there are pluses and minuses for all bids, the Bears can say their bid has no question marks. And decision-makers love clarity.
As the bid is so advanced, if the IC are confident that the Central Coast is of strategic value, the Bears will be added at the first opportunity to increase the TV deal currently in the initial stages of negotiation.
This is one reason the Bears stick by their deadline of March 31 (even though the NRL may indeed tell them to wait a month till the IC is fully established) by being proactive over the past two years regarding expansion. The Bears are driving the agenda and forcing themselves into the TV dialogue.
A decision to delay expansion would be a signal to the Bears that the Central Coast is not a priority and almost the same as a rejected bid.
Rejection for the Central Coast means the administrators of the game will likely never admit a team from the region, as no bid will ever be presented as comprehensive and mature as that proposed by the Bears.
Any delay reduces the effectiveness of reconnecting with old Bears fans and countering the GWS Giants in the Hornsby Shire.
In other words, to gain maximum benefit from the Central Coast Bears, they need to be added now.
As a Bears fan, I have confidence in the outcome, as the NRL continue to encourage the bid team, urging them to increase their membership base, approving of their merchandise sales and clothing range at Best and Less.
The Bears have been on standby twice now for teams in difficulty, which tends to signal the Central Coast Bears are perceived to be of strategic value.
Besides, the NRL would know fully well the ramifications of rejecting a franchise which will have, by decision time, around 8,000 financial members.
One interesting spin-off of the increasing media focus on Bears’ bid and manly attempts to secure support in the northern suburbs is a large spike in junior player registrations this year in northern Sydney.
It is perhaps a sign that the Bears-Sea Eagle rivalry will in fact assist both teams through increased interest in the game in northern Sydney.
It is a fact that further reinforces the bid team’s message.

Timmah

Staff member
Pointing out the flaws in argumentation is trolling, is it?
Absolutely. Rather than address the whole point provided, you waste time by focusing on small parts of the issue, such as spelling, grammar, or percentages... it makes you look petty and like you don't really have anything to add to such a debate.

I guess calling someone's argument dumb semantics is the way to go when you don't actually have anything to counter it, not to speak of the good old catching out of spelling mistakes, and having a good laugh at your own tasteless humor. Did you pat yourself in the back too? :sarcasm:

Btw, what is insinutation? :roll:
I've made plenty of points about the CC Bears and the value they can add to the competition in this thread AND the previous one, I don't need to respond to your garbage again and again.

As for insinuation - http://www.thefreedictionary.com/insinuation

Try looking up words you don't understand, might help ;-)

clarency

Juniors
Pointing out spelling/grammar errors, is not pointing out flaws in an argument.

I duno who I'm helping here...

The end.

Brutus

Referee
We better get the Bears in NOW because the CC Mariners are taking over the CC.

I mean the Mariners attracted a whopping 7,000 to their grand final qualifier the other night. lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts