What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Central Coast Bears, 2013.

Status
Not open for further replies.
The NEXT Central Coast Bears membership drives are on @

SATURDAY 16TH APRIL
EVENT: Lake Haven Shopping Centre Membership Drive
TIME : From 9am outside Newcastle Permanent

SATURDAY 16TH APRIL
EVENT: Westfield Hornsby Membership Drive
TIME : From 9am on the overpass

Last edited:
Sydney Roosters vs Brisbane Broncos (Bluetongue Stadium, Gosford...on Saturday, 16th April @ 7:30pm)
nrl-r6sydbri.jpg

Is there any other NRL team selling memberships for $15.00 per year?

NRL teams offer higher valued memberships because it actually offers games to attend. The Central Coast Bears memberships which start @ $20 are more to build equity for the bid to make sure they have the best possible chance at acquiring an NRL license. Of course the higher valued Central Coast Bears memberships which start @ $40 come with t-shirts, caps and other merchandise as benefits for dollar. If successful into entry to the NRL, the Central Coast Bears will offer more expensive memberships which will provide access to games like every other club. How much and what benefits remain to be seen.

Last edited:

Red Bear

Referee
North Sydney Oval yesterday

BearsdefendingonceagainOReillystandinbackground.jpg

bearsdefending.jpg

I got emotional sitting in the O'Reilly stand. Where I used to sit with my grandpa, and indeed did sit the last time I saw them at NRL Level (vs Newcastle, we lost, centurions were essentially newcastle tho), first time i'd been to NSO since grandpa died last year, one of those moments where it all hits you.

Go you mighty Bears, I dream of the one match a year at North Sydney, seeing this joint rocking yet again (to the smooth sounds of the high school band, no doubt).

Beowulf

Juniors

Wishful thinking! Hopefully soon they will be!

Manly were giving away memberships for $0 to under 9's. The CC Bears charge for kids memberships to an entity that doesn't exist...and they are selling well throughout the entire catchment. North Sydney Brothers junior club has over 120 CC Bear cub members alone!

t-ba

Post Whore
Brothers has 120 juniors?

Good stuff. I remember when we didn't have anything beyond under 12's!

applesauce

Bench
How Dragons nudged Bennett away from their Rabbitoh rivals
Roy Masters
April 13, 2011

Link

........But, like ''Porky'', Tinkler has a grand vision, and it is to dominate the region north of Manly. The Central Coast Bears' bid to establish a team at Gosford could die with the Tinkler-Bennett partnership, particularly if they play some games at John Singleton' s Gosford stadium..........

applesauce said:
How Dragons nudged Bennett away from their Rabbitoh rivals
Roy Masters
April 13, 2011

Link

........But, like ''Porky'', Tinkler has a grand vision, and it is to dominate the region north of Manly. The Central Coast Bears' bid to establish a team at Gosford could die with the Tinkler-Bennett partnership, particularly if they play some games at John Singleton' s Gosford stadium..........

I was wondering how long it would take someone to post this.. because I've had a reply stored for a few hours now just incase.

At the NRL season launch, David Gallop answered questions regarding expansion and touched on each bid's pro's/con's. The only con to come out of the Central Coast Bears bid, from Gallops own mouth, was the impact on the then financially-stricken Knights (this was all pre-Tinkler). Now that the Newcastle Knights have officially been secured financially for a good part of the next decade, that one con which Gallop expressed in regards to the Central Coast Bears becomes irrelevant and void.

With a strong Newcastle Knights, there is no impact on them. Matter of fact there is only good things that will come from this should the Central Coast Bears be given an NRL license. A rivalry and 2 potentially sold games a year.

Truth is, the Central Coast Bears are used to beat up stories, more so than any other bid. That hasn't dented our enthusiasm or slowed down the hardwork being put in. It hasn't put people off from signing up as members and it hasn't stopped sponsors from jumping on board. In conclusion, our bid is coming along better than expected. Has a ton of momentum behind it still and is getting a very enthusiastic response from the community. Finances, resources and support is all there.

Red Bear

Referee
Also, how happy would Newcastle fans be if they were suddenly losing games down the road? Somewhat brand new 33K stadium (or whatever official capacity is) to be used for less than its full allocation?

Just to refresh..

The NEXT Central Coast Bears membership drives are on @

SATURDAY 16TH APRIL
EVENT: Lake Haven Shopping Centre Membership Drive
TIME : From 9am outside Newcastle Permanent

SATURDAY 16TH APRIL
EVENT: Westfield Hornsby Membership Drive
TIME : From 9am on the overpass

image.php

ALSO later that evening... Sydney Roosters vs. Brisbane Broncos..on Saturday 16th April @ 7:30PM Bluetongue Stadium, Gosford. A high attandence is ensuring another step closer to the Central Coast getting it's own team.
nrl-r6sydbri.jpg

Perth Red

Post Whore
I noticed that The Mole in RLW also had a mention of Tinkler wanting to take over the CC area by pumping money into jnr clubs and bringing them under the Knights umbrella. One thing seems certain, if the Bears don't get in this time the region could be lost to them forever.

applesauce

Bench
I was wondering how long it would take someone to post this.. because I've had a reply stored for a few hours now just incase.

At the NRL season launch, David Gallop answered questions regarding expansion and touched on each bid's pro's/con's. The only con to come out of the Central Coast Bears bid, from Gallops own mouth, was the impact on the then financially-stricken Knights (this was all pre-Tinkler). Now that the Newcastle Knights have officially been secured financially for a good part of the next decade, that one con which Gallop expressed in regards to the Central Coast Bears becomes irrelevant and void.

With a strong Newcastle Knights, there is no impact on them. Matter of fact there is only good things that will come from this should the Central Coast Bears be given an NRL license. A rivalry and 2 potentially sold games a year.

Truth is, the Central Coast Bears are used to beat up stories, more so than any other bid. That hasn't dented our enthusiasm or slowed down the hardwork being put in. It hasn't put people off from signing up as members and it hasn't stopped sponsors from jumping on board. In conclusion, our bid is coming along better than expected. Has a ton of momentum behind it still and is getting a very enthusiastic response from the community. Finances, resources and support is all there.

That's all well and good if Gallop is making the final decision (he might yet if the IC falls over). But the members representing the majority NSW clubs on the IC will be aware of Tinkler's intentions and the CC effect on the other NSW clubs.

TBH I was just throwing out a line, don't want to get in another debate.

Status
Not open for further replies.