What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Central Coast Bears, 2013.

Status
Not open for further replies.

bobmar28

Bench
No need to rehash actual information but there is a need to rehash the same played out arguement you have? Facts over fiction buddy.

One important fact is that NSW has 10 teams and QLD only 3. If a QLD bid is only half viable they should get the franchise ahead of the Bears. Perth would have to be a shoe in.

Last edited:

bobmar28

Bench
I hadn't seen those photo's before, but I hadn't read all 3000 posts in the other thread either.

The day I see community support like that for the Brisbane 2 bid, is the day I'll believe Brisbane 2 deserve to be in the competition.

But, unfortunately I still have a bad feeling that the Bears will be a victim of TV wanting an extra Qld game.

And what's wrong with that? It means more money for the game.

clarency

Juniors
I hadn't seen those photo's before, but I hadn't read all 3000 posts in the other thread either.

The day I see community support like that for the Brisbane 2 bid, is the day I'll believe Brisbane 2 deserve to be in the competition.

How do photos have any bearing on whether a bid deserves to be included or not. Every bid will be supported by the local community, the only difference is that the CCB took photos of theirs. It's hardly a strength.

How do photos have any bearing on whether a bid deserves to be included or not. Every bid will be supported by the local community, the only difference is that the CCB took photos of theirs. It's hardly a strength.

Are people still going on about the photos from 4 pages back? Geez wiz.

Every bid will be supported to some degree however the Central Coast Bears have a groundswell of support right now and it's growing. Having a pre-established support base is also important to remember. I'm sure if the other bids actually had fan days etc they'd take photos too.. which subsequently the fans on this forum would post them up. As they say, go with the flo mate.

Central Coast Bears said:

No1 Bear Cub Wins Award!
Central Coast Bears No1 Cub ambassador Riley McKay who is a Junior Barefoot Water Ski Champion has taken out Young Achiever Of The Year Award at a presentation last night at Sydney's ANZ Stadium. Riley was selected as patron of our junior cub members and is a great kid and role model for others. Congratulations Riley from all Central Coast Bears club and supporters you've done us proud!

http://www.facebook.com/#!/centralcoastbears

KiamaSaint

Coach
I hadn't seen the photos either. I love the jersey, it is simply but awesome. I have to say though that some of those supporter shirts look orange rather than red.

Last edited:
I hadn't seen the photos either. I love the jersey, it is simply but also. I have to say though that some of those supporter shirts look orange rather than red.

Probably taken in too much light (a sunny day) and washed a few times. I know my supporter shirt is as red as you get but after a few washes it fades abit.

BDGS

Bench
The Central Coast Bears first AGM will be happening in a few weeks at the Central Coast Leagues Club.

They wouldn't be doing this if ....

Comparing populations and rugby league heritage it seems unfair that Central Coast would have a team before a stand alone Illawarra entity. Still, best of luck for 2013 along with Perth
...and the sharkies to move to adelaide :p

They did get one first.

One important fact is that NSW has 10 teams and QLD only 3. If a QLD bid is only half viable they should get the franchise ahead of the Bears. Perth would have to be a shoe in.

what is, reasons why you don't work for the NRL.

Queenslanders will feel ripped off if NSW gets an 11th team and they get nothing.

Oh boo freaking hoo.

No, the difference is we can see the overwhleming support for the CCB's bid. Where other bids are out numbered by supporters of another bid at their own launch.

Version 6

Staff member
I hadn't seen the photos either. I love the jersey, it is simply but awesome. I have to say though that some of those supporter shirts look orange rather than red.

The jersey would probably be the second best jersey in the NRL (behind the red v).

The emblem though, is ridiculous.

Red Bear

Referee
Wish we could just have this emblem to be honest (with CC instead of North Sydney)

71079_52740389830_1979041_n.jpg

BDGS

Bench
Wish we could just have this emblem to be honest (with CC instead of North Sydney)

71079_52740389830_1979041_n.jpg

Nah, it's gotta be completely different and bring in the Central Coast influence on the logo as well as the North Sydney influence. North Sydney influence on the logo is the bear, Central Coast culture, history, previous logos etc should determined the rest of the logo.

I actually like the Central Coast Bears logo.

Crusher

Coach
Must admit the geniuses who came up with the new 'yawning teddy bear' emblem need to have their commissions withheld.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts