What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Central Coast Bears, 2013.

Status
Not open for further replies.

clarency

Juniors
I wonder whether the "goes well with kids" will work in its favour or against it.

Also to you CCB fans while you're here. Thoughts on my previous comment regarding Bluetongue:

If they expand their stadium I really hope they leave the waterfront side open. It gives the stadium that unique touch which I very much find appealing.

It got caught in the CCB photo frenzy.

Iafeta

Referee
So I guess David Fairleigh isn't assisting at the Warriors these days?

Also, the info is certainly a lot better now than when they said a year or two ago that they were ready because they had designed an MS Paint quality logo....

By the way, this thread should be retitled to slightly homosexual thread with blokes hugging up Daisy or blokes with genuinely slightly disinterested faces holding up a prototype Norths jumper...

Last edited:

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Put it down to different views on what will impress the IC. Brisbane2 thinks financial infrastructure is key, CCB think it's community support.

I never said the two were mutually exclusive - CCB have a very strong financial base underneath them to my understanding. All I'm thinking is that Brisbane need to demonstrate a point of difference to the SEQ community if they want to have any hope of success.

clarency

Juniors
I think it's an argument of ignorance to assume that there is little/no effort to connect with the community from the brisbane2 bid. Didn't they make it a point to let the community decide the team name and jersey on their website? (which I don't think works :-/ )

If the LU forumites are a legitimate source of info then I am expecting a large portion of Brisbane non-broncos fans getting behind the bid. Whether that's true or not... I don't really care. Go Reds!

Beowulf

Juniors
I wonder whether the "goes well with kids" will work in its favour or against it.

Also to you CCB fans while you're here. Thoughts on my previous comment regarding Bluetongue:

It got caught in the CCB photo frenzy.

The southern (water end) cannot be built up, and I agree it would dehumanise a gorgeous setting by turning it into another 30,000 box. its uniqueness is its appeal. plans have been approved to plant a cutting from the old fig tree at NS Oval by the waters edge, so in time all in the stadium will see it, which I think is brilliant.

As for the northern end, the piers have already been sunk for an extension, which would raise capacity to just under 25,000 and provide stunning views over Brisbane Waters.

BDGS

Bench
25k sounds like a good little stadium and the bare minimum capacity for any stadium in 10 years time.

KiamaSaint

Coach
YakimaBearsLogo2008.PNG

I love this.

bobmar28

Bench
Upon the NRL granting a license, I understand a competition will be held for members to design and vote on logo variants and the inaugural playing jersey - the foundation jersey on display and the logo may end up in fact being the best design/s, but it will be thrown open for review. The Mortgage House logo will be moved and not as prominent also (and we will have others sponsors to be revealed who need to be accommodated on there also, plus the NRL logo). Personally, I like the shirt design although the Mortgage House logo needs muting somehow and the logo to me is OK without being mindblowing. It needs to capture the youthful exuberance of the Central Coast demographic, hence its comic style.

Am happy to see anyone come up with better designs for jersey or logo and they will be forwarded to Bear hqtrs. The latest WA Reds jersey option with yellow iso grey looks impressive....

I think the jersey and logo are fine. A bit of history but what's wrong with that?

bobmar28

Bench
I personally like the look of the new logo but I was always a huge fan of the old Norths Logo. Here are a few BEARS logos that could potentially be incorporated into a new Central Coast Bears logo should the team choose to go that way in the near future.
newark_bears_logo.jpg

YakimaBearsLogo2008.PNG

F99-99054_Hershey_Bears_logo_prod

bear_logo.gif

Go with the Newark Bears one. Put a Steeden where the baseball is.

bobmar28

Bench
The Illawarra Steelers, circa 1982-1998 had their chance. They are now well represented by the St George Illawarra Dragons.

By your reckoning, these statements will continue every time expansion is mentioned until we have an even amount of teams in each state. Which is ludicrous. Just because a location is in NSW, doesn't mean it's not termed "expansion".

Grassroots support? Which is one of the keys in generating attendances and memberships. Brisbane2 looks totally corporate and elitist at the moment, no two ways about it.

Have to agree with that comment.

By the way imo heartland states should have a certain number of teams based on population. QLD has half NSW's population so should have half as many teams, 5.

Last edited:

bobmar28

Bench
The southern (water end) cannot be built up, and I agree it would dehumanise a gorgeous setting by turning it into another 30,000 box. its uniqueness is its appeal. plans have been approved to plant a cutting from the old fig tree at NS Oval by the waters edge, so in time all in the stadium will see it, which I think is brilliant.

As for the northern end, the piers have already been sunk for an extension, which would raise capacity to just under 25,000 and provide stunning views over Brisbane Waters.

I'd go to a game there just for that.

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
Here is a question from a naturally cynical person.
Do the bears management team really give a damn about the community or do they only give a stuff because the NRL will look more favourably on their bid if they mention community a lot of times?

Notice I said bears management team. I am in no way questioning the dedication of those volunteers on the front line & blokes like RB&B.

clarency

Juniors
Honestly I think the NRL will look more favourably on the financial side of the team which is why I think Brisbane2 are going to snatch CCB's sport at the last second. Whether they really did or not at the beginning of the campaign i'd say they do now. Interaction with any cause usually turns one into a dedicated follower.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Did you miss the bit about CCB being financially sound? $10m Mortgage House deal and a slew of other sponsors? 6k financial members?

clarency

Juniors
It gets pointed out every 4-5 posts... it would be too difficult for me to miss. The idea that a team on the Central Coast becoming as financially strong as a team based in Brisbane is stupid. It's just stupid.

... I don't need to mention TV rights...

Last edited:
Here is a question from a naturally cynical person.
Do the bears management team really give a damn about the community or do they only give a stuff because the NRL will look more favourably on their bid if they mention community a lot of times?

Notice I said bears management team. I am in no way questioning the dedication of those volunteers on the front line & blokes like RB&B.

Pretty much the entire bid team are Central Coast residents, whom have kids who play in the junior grades. Flo and Daisy are Bears legends, Daisy a CC junior who went on to represent to the NSBEARS.

The community push was their idea. It was their initiatives and they make sure they are always there mingling with the volunteers, fans or at charity events. They plan to build the Center of Excellence for the community and they go to great lengths to ensure the community is well represented in this bid.

So yes, they care.

It gets pointed out every 4-5 posts... it would be too difficult for me to miss. The idea that a team on the Central Coast becoming as financially strong as a team based in Brisbane is stupid. It's just stupid.

... I don't need to mention TV rights...

We already now a lot stronger financially than the Brisbane 2 bid. Our sponsors are sponsoring us for more $, we have more sponsors in general, we have a lot of local CC based businesses outside our main sponsors as partners, we have 6K members and we always had equity from the start. Only now it's a lot more due to all the ground work over the span of 18 months. Just look at the very first page in this thread!

When the Center of Excellence is finished, it won't be a matter of are we better off financially than Brisbane 2.. it'll be a matter of how much by. To be quite honest considering Brisbane 2's announced sponsors, they got alot less than I thought they would. Mr. Davison's pulling power isn't as strong as he thought it was.

Last edited:
Honestly I think the NRL will look more favourably on the financial side of the team which is why I think Brisbane2 are going to snatch CCB's sport at the last second. Whether they really did or not at the beginning of the campaign i'd say they do now. Interaction with any cause usually turns one into a dedicated follower.

Brisbane 2 has got ample opportunity to engage in the community but they're not. Ipswich Jets had the same opportunity and also decided not to take it.

It seems that truly only W.A. Reds & CCBears have gone down the community route. Whilst also maintaining their financial clout and being backed by strong sponsors. It's a fine balance that must be attained between corporate sectors and the community level support. We, the CCBEARS, believe we are achieving this.

taipan

Referee
Beowolf- totally unnecessary. The current logo is fine in spite of what few think, and the jersey is more appealing than any of the current NRL jerseys I've seen. They don't need to be running competitions on that sort of thing, not for the Bears.

taipan - You misunderstood. I don't doubt that the project will go ahead at all. I doubt that it is going to save the Sharks. It will merely prolong their death.

Timmah - You think another Brisbane team is going to lack player development and audience? Really? No you don't, I won't say that. But it doesn't surprise me that they are focusing on the corporate side of things at this point, simply because it is one of the more important points of any team. Could also be argued as a strength in comparison to other bids.

No champ I didn't misunderstand.It is the short term that the club has the most to do with now,and that is why they are looking at partnership with the highly profitable Tradies club with 30,000 members.
Long term should the development get the go ahead,the club receives $25-$35 million on sale of the residentials circa 2015-17.The club expects to receive once the 1st stage of retail is complete $1m p.a CPI indexed, based on a 99 year lease.
The licesed club will no doubt get additional patronagre with the retail and residential additions.
The club will the look at improving the football stadium ,with more undercover stands and extension of the current ones.All components of additional revenue.
There are no guarantees in life,but should the above occur,the club will be among the most financlly strong in the league,much to the chagrin of the Shark haters.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts