What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Central Coast Bears, 2013.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beowulf

Juniors
Upon the NRL granting a license, I understand a competition will be held for members to design and vote on logo variants and the inaugural playing jersey - the foundation jersey on display and the logo may end up in fact being the best design/s, but it will be thrown open for review. The Mortgage House logo will be moved and not as prominent also (and we will have others sponsors to be revealed who need to be accommodated on there also, plus the NRL logo). Personally, I like the shirt design although the Mortgage House logo needs muting somehow and the logo to me is OK without being mindblowing. It needs to capture the youthful exuberance of the Central Coast demographic, hence its comic style.

Am happy to see anyone come up with better designs for jersey or logo and they will be forwarded to Bear hqtrs. The latest WA Reds jersey option with yellow iso grey looks impressive....

taipan

Referee
Money says every one of those $300million reasons will all fall short.

Bit late champ.
As the NSW minister of planning Tony Kelly has already signed the 3A application for the development,meaning a lot of red tape already cut,and in a few weeks $2m will be paid by the consortium to the club as required when the members voted yes,I believe you will need to back up your statement with $2m for starters.
Unless of course you were present at the info and EGM nights at the club.
I put as much faith in your money,as I do in a politician's promise.

Last edited:

BDGS

Bench
Especially without the f**king rudolph nose...

images

BDGS

Bench
Upon the NRL granting a license, I understand a competition will be held for members to design and vote on logo variants and the inaugural playing jersey - the foundation jersey on display and the logo may end up in fact being the best design/s, but it will be thrown open for review. The Mortgage House logo will be moved and not as prominent also (and we will have others sponsors to be revealed who need to be accommodated on there also, plus the NRL logo). Personally, I like the shirt design although the Mortgage House logo needs muting somehow and the logo to me is OK without being mindblowing. It needs to capture the youthful exuberance of the Central Coast demographic, hence its comic style.

Am happy to see anyone come up with better designs for jersey or logo and they will be forwarded to Bear hqtrs. The latest WA Reds jersey option with yellow iso grey looks impressive....

I hope when the Bears get in the foundation jersey is their HOME jersey. That would look great on the field.

I personally like the look of the new logo but I was always a huge fan of the old Norths Logo. Here are a few BEARS logos that could potentially be incorporated into a new Central Coast Bears logo should the team choose to go that way in the near future.
newark_bears_logo.jpg

YakimaBearsLogo2008.PNG

F99-99054_Hershey_Bears_logo_prod

bear_logo.gif

Just a reminder that the Central Coast Bears BATEAU BAY SATURDAY!

Tomorrow our membership drive heads to McDonalds Bateau Bay between 9.30am - 3pm and with only 35 Days before we submit our bid to the NRL time is running out for you to show your support for our bid by becoming a member. Merchandise will also be available tomorrow.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Comparing populations and rugby league heritage it seems unfair that Central Coast would have a team before a stand alone Illawarra entity. Still, best of luck for 2013 along with Perth
...and the sharkies to move to adelaide :p
The Illawarra Steelers, circa 1982-1998 had their chance. They are now well represented by the St George Illawarra Dragons.

One important fact is that NSW has 10 teams and QLD only 3. If a QLD bid is only half viable they should get the franchise ahead of the Bears. Perth would have to be a shoe in.
Queenslanders will feel ripped off if NSW gets an 11th team and they get nothing.
By your reckoning, these statements will continue every time expansion is mentioned until we have an even amount of teams in each state. Which is ludicrous. Just because a location is in NSW, doesn't mean it's not termed "expansion".

I hadn't seen those photo's before, but I hadn't read all 3000 posts in the other thread either.

The day I see community support like that for the Brisbane 2 bid, is the day I'll believe Brisbane 2 deserve to be in the competition.

How do photos have any bearing on whether a bid deserves to be included or not. Every bid will be supported by the local community, the only difference is that the CCB took photos of theirs. It's hardly a strength.
Grassroots support? Which is one of the keys in generating attendances and memberships. Brisbane2 looks totally corporate and elitist at the moment, no two ways about it.

PB

Bench
The Illawarra Steelers, circa 1982-1998 had their chance. They are now well represented by the St George Illawarra Dragons.

Correction the St George Illawarra Dragons are well represented by the Illawarra Steelers....
;)

Central Coast Bears

The Central Coast Bears MEMBERSHIP DRIVES IN MARCH
*March is another busy month with plenty of membership drives planned,here are our upcoming dates;

Saturday 5th March - Kincumber Gym Open Day 9am – 2pm

Saturday 12th March McDonalds Erina – 9:30am – 4pm

Saturday 12th March Bridgepoint Shopping Centre Mosman – 9:30am – 4pm

Saturday 19th March Breakers Country Club Wamberal - 2pm – 7pm

Saturday 19th March Big Bear Shopping Centre – 10am – 2pm

Sunday 20th March CCDRL Season Launch @ Gosford Racing Club – 1pm – 6pm

Sunday 20th March Berowra Wallabies Family Fun Day – 9:30am – 4pm

Saturday 26th March McDonalds West Gosford – 9:30am – 4pm

Last edited:

clarency

Juniors
Beowolf- totally unnecessary. The current logo is fine in spite of what few think, and the jersey is more appealing than any of the current NRL jerseys I've seen. They don't need to be running competitions on that sort of thing, not for the Bears.

taipan - You misunderstood. I don't doubt that the project will go ahead at all. I doubt that it is going to save the Sharks. It will merely prolong their death.

Timmah - You think another Brisbane team is going to lack player development and audience? Really? No you don't, I won't say that. But it doesn't surprise me that they are focusing on the corporate side of things at this point, simply because it is one of the more important points of any team. Could also be argued as a strength in comparison to other bids.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Timmah - You think another Brisbane team is going to lack player development and audience? Really? No you don't, I won't say that. But it doesn't surprise me that they are focusing on the corporate side of things at this point, simply because it is one of the more important points of any team. Could also be argued as a strength in comparison to other bids.

No, I don't - because I don't believe that for a minute either. I may be stupid, but I'm not stupid.

What I am saying is that from day one, the Bears bid has been at the grassroots, in communities and running those sorts of membership drives. The Brisbane2 Bid is yet to display anything in that regard, which if they're fair dinkum they should be - it would be their best point of difference from the Broncos.

clarency

Juniors
Put it down to different views on what will impress the IC. Brisbane2 thinks financial infrastructure is key, CCB think it's community support.

Thinking out loud here, I wonder if the successful bids will be "saved" and "copy/pasted" by locations bidding for new teams beyond the current expansion.

BDGS

Bench
Beowolf- totally unnecessary. The current logo is fine in spite of what few think, and the jersey is more appealing than any of the current NRL jerseys I've seen. They don't need to be running competitions on that sort of thing, not for the Bears.

What makes the Bears different? all bids should be applied to the same standard regardless of history.

No, I don't - because I don't believe that for a minute either. I may be stupid, but I'm not stupid.

What I am saying is that from day one, the Bears bid has been at the grassroots, in communities and running those sorts of membership drives. The Brisbane2 Bid is yet to display anything in that regard, which if they're fair dinkum they should be - it would be their best point of difference from the Broncos.

Yep agree, at the moment they are a Broncos clone.

BDGS

Bench
Put it down to different views on what will impress the IC. Brisbane2 thinks financial infrastructure is key, CCB think it's community support.

Thinking out loud here, I wonder if the successful bids will be "saved" and "copy/pasted" by locations bidding for new teams beyond the current expansion.

The Bears tried the "financial infrastructure" way back when the Gold Coast community bid won. If the Bears don't get in it will be very hypocritical.

clarency

Juniors
What makes the Bears different? all bids should be applied to the same standard regardless of history.

Clarify? My reply was to beowulf's assertion that there will be a competition to change the Bear's logo and jersey.

BDGS

Bench
Exactly, so if the other bids are expected to get the community involved with jersey and logos then the bears should too.

Althought i think the most popular jersey will be their foundation jersey, but as for logo changes and the away jersey the community should be involved with it.

It was a Central Coast artist who came up with the current logo. The current one is serving it's purpose of being a strong marketing tool and it goes down pretty well with the kids. I'm sure eventually there will be a change and when there is I'm sure the community will be asked to help.

clarency

Juniors
You have a point with the away jersey as I haven't seen anything on that. The jersey being constantly flashed around is the foundation jersey I'm assuming, which I think looks perfect.

Logo-wise... if they're going to change it and vote etc etc I hope the current one is thrown in with the finals. I wouldn't like to see a logo changed to something sh*thouse simply because it's been created by the community.

BDGS

Bench
You have a point with the away jersey as I haven't seen anything on that. The jersey being constantly flashed around is the foundation jersey I'm assuming, which I think looks perfect.

yep

Logo-wise... if they're going to change it and vote etc etc I hope the current one is thrown in with the finals. I wouldn't like to see a logo changed to something sh*thouse simply because it's been created by the community.

As RBB just said, the current one was made by a member of the community.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts