What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Central Coast Bears, 2013.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beowulf

Juniors
no one wants a bloody Bears team, its a dumb idea with a state already chock full of League teams that have a bit of trouble actually getting by. Stop already

All opinion polls conducted in the past 5 years indicate +-80% support for their inclusion from the league community.

7000 financial members, 85 of whom have committed $5500 non-refundable dollars to become Foundation members.

100% support from local, State and Federal members, including Joe Hockey (#1 Bear fan), Gladys Berijiklian (Bear Ambassador), Chris Holstein and Barry O'Farrell. Gosford and Wyong councils are Foundation members.

Greg Florimo was upbeat after a meeting with David Gallop yesterday. I'm surmising from this and his comments that expansion may be put back to 2014 or even 2015 to give the Sydney Clubs time to consolidate finances before the Bears are admitted. A decision will be made either this year or early next year regardless, naming the succesful tenderers, and the only teams that are ready are Central Coast and Perth.

Why do you think Bris2 has gone into a frenzy??? Because they can't keep momentum going for a house built on sand for another 6-12 months. Their only chance was a short blitzkrieg offensive, not drawn out trench warfare. The Bears have the most experience for this sort of campaign because you need passion and total committment. You only get that from heartland bids.

Scarves

Juniors
Didn't this happen last time we had expansion debates.

Gold Coast "Dolphins" and Central Coast Bears were going for the 16th team license, then expansion was pulled off the table. I recall when it was pulled the Gold Coast were very far from ready but the Bears were better prepared and ready to pull the trigger with a stadium, name, and Singleton backing. I remember the NRL took expansion off the table and basically put it back on the table when the Gold Coast Titans bid was ready.

Ultimately Gold Coast got the gig.

Let's be honest, at the moment the Bears team looks ready to go, basically once again the most ready of all the expansion bids (some of which appear like pigs in space to me). This delay is only going to once again better position other non Central Coast Bears bids. History repeats itself, the NRL has the track record. The apparent lip service Florimo is being met with is all well and good but it's looking like another stitch up to me.

Beowulf

Juniors

Gold Coast "Dolphins" and Central Coast Bears were going for the 16th team license, then expansion was pulled off the table. I recall when it was pulled the Gold Coast were very far from ready but the Bears were better prepared and ready to pull the trigger with a stadium, name, and Singleton backing. I remember the NRL took expansion off the table and basically put it back on the table when the Gold Coast Titans bid was ready.

Let's be honest, at the moment the Bears team looks ready to go, basically once again the most ready of all the expansion bids (some of which appear like pigs in space to me). This delay is only going to once again better position other non Central Coast Bears bids. History repeats itself, the NRL has the track record. The apparent lip service Florimo is being met with is all well and good but it's looking like another stitch up to me.

All fair points. I think though the Bears relationship with the NRL is infinitely better than 7 years ago. Flo and David Gallop get on and the Bears have to take David Gallop on face value. If not, the NRL can go to hell and many will walk away from the game in total disgust.

The Bears willl continue to be ready for 2013 if the IC decide to go that way (or of course if a team folds in the meantime - we've already been on standby twice in the past 2 years for Sharks and Storm which gives a strong indication of whats coming). After Flo's talks with David Gallop on Thursday, it appears a distinct possibility they may stagger entry as per the AFL Suns/GWS, ie go with the banker first, allowing the league to concentrate on the more difficult assignment the following year. If thats the case, it will be Bears 2014 and either WA Reds (if a team isn't relocated there) or Ipswich 2015.

Last edited:

The current Central Coast Bears bid is infinitely better than the previous John Singleton led Bears bid from 2004/05. Not only is it purely community based this time but the community itself has taken to the bid very well. Organizations and businesses from the coast have jumped at the opportunity to be involved with the Bears bid. Also it has a far more convincing and compelling case, covering all bases.

The groundswell of fan support and corporate support are clear indications of what is to come for the Central Coast Bears bid. Not only has every boxed been ticked off, some have been ticked off twice just to make sure everything is good to go.

Bottom line is that the CCBears are ready to go. Our support will only grow from now on end. It's very exciting times and every supporter of the bid can hold their heads in confidence with Greg Florimo's leadership. Not only has he stayed humble but instead of running his mouth off in media publications, he has done the smart thing and actually gone to Gallop to suss out the expansion situation.

Go the Bears!

Bro Bear

Juniors
Good news - CC Bears.

Staggered entry is the way to go.

CC Bears, 2013/2014

WA Reds or a relocated Sydney Club (the way to go so the Sydney Club survives in name) 2015

QLD bids 2017

adamkungl

Immortal
Bears and Perth for 2014.
QLD 2016-17 or next TV deal.

Also, bears fans, get on NRL.com, there's an expansion poll.

MEMBERSHIP DRIVES TODAY 9am-4pm @ WESTFIELD TUGGERAH AND HORNSBY.

Westfield Tuggerah (outside Rebel Sport) from 9am-4pm.

Westfield Hornsby 9am- 3pm

267412_212236662151784_100000963554122_547751_3684178_n.jpg

Our team of volunteers are more determined than ever to sign up new members today, so if you haven't yet joined the CCB's as a member yet nows the time to do so.Lets get that NRL license.

adamkungl

Immortal
Well...it's true. But many factors would boost the TV deal, many of which we wouldn't tolerate. TV is not and should not be the only deciding factor here, it's time we stopped being the networks' bitch.

Dogs Of War

Coach
Well...it's true. But many factors would boost the TV deal, many of which we wouldn't tolerate. TV is not and should not be the only deciding factor here, it's time we stopped being the networks' bitch.

It's TV that allows us to pay the bills. So TV has a huge say in it.

adamkungl

Immortal
Let's make the game quarters then. And continue to allow non-Eastern states to be ignored. And have a top 10 finals series.

After all, $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

blukablu

Juniors
Wellington > Adelaide.

Also Sunshine Coast, Central Queensland, 2nd Melbourne, Tasmania, 3rd NZ, PNG, Fiji, Tonga, Darwin, Alice Springs, 3rd Brisbane, 2nd Perth, Albury, Cairns, 2nd Newcastle > Bears.

Sgt. Kabukiman

Juniors
Good to know you won't have a bitch fit when the Bears are getting 20,000 every fortnight and the Raiders are still struggling to outdraw the local second division netball games.

lol, 20,000 average. Hilarious. You'll be lucky to get half of that. For now, you can continue to be envious of the fact that I actually have a team that plays in the NRL.

Currently, your bid is on shaky grounds... You were embarrassed by WA the other night, who got 15k compared to your 8k in far worse conditions. Lift your game

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
Good to know you won't have a bitch fit when the Bears are getting 20,000 every fortnight and the Raiders are still struggling to outdraw the local second division netball games.

Canberra crowds could improve but 13000 odd a game is real, your 20000 figure to a side not even in the premiership is laughable.

I've said this before, but if the community really wanted a team in the comp why haven't we seen this '1.1 million' community march in the streets for their team? Why don't we see thousands of names on petitions or hundreds of people in bears jumpers showing up at bluetongue when a game is on there? Alll we see is a handful of norths fans wanting their team back. No doubt the CC community would support a team if it ever (but not 20000 a game :lol:) happened but at the moment the demand seems mild at best despite what norths fans say.

lol, 20,000 average. Hilarious. You'll be lucky to get half of that. For now, you can continue to be envious of the fact that I actually have a team that plays in the NRL.

Currently, your bid is on shaky grounds... You were embarrassed by WA the other night, who got 15k compared to your 8k in far worse conditions. Lift your game

The Raiders have gotten 8k to games in previous seasons in great conditions. So I fail to see your point.. if you even have one.

Membership drive is on today @

SUNDAY FOOTY AT NORTH SYDNEY OVAL...

NSW CUP - Norths vs Canterbury-Bankstown
Today all you old bears fans get down to NSO for a great day out in the beautiful winter sunshine and watch the NSW Cup game between the North Sydney Bears and the Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs, kick-off is at 3pm.

Also a NYC Toyota Cup match preludes this game with the Rabbitohs taking on the Broncos from 1pm. So for a great day of footy and memories and the best sausage sangas,get down to North Sydney Oval and cheer on the Bears and relive those old memories.

Status
Not open for further replies.