What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Central Coast Bears, 2013.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gallop also stated in the Sun Herald today that they will probably stagger the 2 new teams..one in 2013/14 and one later in 2015..the line that I like he says

''I don't think you want two new teams that limp along at the bottom of the table for a long time. To me, competitive playing talent and community engagement are the key to a successful expansion."

Not sure what this means for the QLD bids if anything?

Last edited:
Canberra crowds could improve but 13000 odd a game is real, your 20000 figure to a side not even in the premiership is laughable.

I've said this before, but if the community really wanted a team in the comp why haven't we seen this '1.1 million' community march in the streets for their team? Why don't we see thousands of names on petitions or hundreds of people in bears jumpers showing up at bluetongue when a game is on there? Alll we see is a handful of norths fans wanting their team back. No doubt the CC community would support a team if it ever (but not 20000 a game :lol:) happened but at the moment the demand seems mild at best despite what norths fans say.

I love how you shoot off that the mouth without ever having participated in the community initiatives in which the Central Coast Bears implement. Never worked for the membership drives, never volunteered your time, never took the time to do proper research into the bids support, take a blind eye to all cc junior clubs, 90% of schools, over 50 local businesses, all council support for the bid. It's safe to say you don't know s**t about the bid. Even with the abundance of knowledge I've supplied on here, you fail to read, to understand and to generally see what the facts are.

Keep it up though. It's numbnuts like you who make the people passionate about the Bears bid work even harder.

Central Coast Bears likely to miss out on NRL expansion, Perth and Ipswich set to get the nod

113940-greg-florimo.jpg

Hopeful ... Greg Florimo (L) and son, Blake, will be devastated if the Bears miss out. Source: News Limited

Central Coast Bears are poised to miss out again when the NRL expands its competition, with the green light expected to go to teams from Perth and Ipswich.

The Sunday Telegraph understands the NRL prefers Western Australia and Queensland because of the financial viability of those regions and the ability to bolster the code's television audience.
The level of commercial activity on the Central Coast is a long way short of that in Perth and the southeast corridor of Queensland. Also working against the Bears is the fact they would effectively become a 10th Sydney team.
The Bears, who recently lost major financial backer Mortgage House, would be expected to raise $15-20 million a year to sustain their presence in the competition.
It's understood the Bears have secured a new major sponsor, yet there are doubts about Central Coast sustaining the level of funding needed.
NRL chief executive David Gallop is refusing to publicly rule out the Central Coast for an extended competition. He met with Bears chief executive Greg Florimo for further discussions last week.
But Gallop said new franchises in Queensland and Western Australia would snare a greater television audience and in turn financially boost the code with the new rights deal to be negotiated.
"Perth could give us the opportunity to play games in an attractive timeslot - for example a 7.30pm kick-off in Perth will be a 9.30pm kick-off in the eastern states," Gallop said.

Source: News Limited

Oh look it's a NEWS LTD article.. how suprising. So glad that their finally leaving the game as co-owners.

Last edited:

clarency

Juniors
I'm just going to throw my opinion in there and say that IMO it would be better for the bid focus to be on getting people to games. You may have 7000 $20 memberships but a few nights ago, Perth created such a major stir through the amount of people that showed up at the game, which is something that a slow gradual build of memberships can't achieve.

Central Coast need to show that they want a team by showing up to games, not cheap memberships. It's not very impressive to say you have 7,000 members when the local ground is averaging a crowd below average.

Just my opinion.

I'm just going to throw my opinion in there and say that IMO it would be better for the bid focus to be on getting people to games. You may have 7000 $20 memberships but a few nights ago, Perth created such a major stir through the amount of people that showed up at the game, which is something that a slow gradual build of memberships can't achieve.

Central Coast need to show that they want a team by showing up to games, not cheap memberships. It's not very impressive to say you have 7,000 members when the local ground is averaging a crowd below average.

Just my opinion.

The 3 CC-played games in which the CCBears have had initiatives over 18,000+ supporters showed up to Bluetongue. What's the problem with that?

DC_fan

Coach
It is easier to stay in the NRL then to get in to it.

What crowds existing NRL teams get each week are not going to be a factor in what new teams (if any) coming in to the competition are.

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
I love how you shoot off that the mouth without ever having participated in the community initiatives in which the Central Coast Bears implement. Never worked for the membership drives, never volunteered your time, never took the time to do proper research into the bids support, take a blind eye to all cc junior clubs, 90% of schools, over 50 local businesses, all council support for the bid. It's safe to say you don't know s**t about the bid. Even with the abundance of knowledge I've supplied on here, you fail to read, to understand and to generally see what the facts are.

Keep it up though. It's numbnuts like you who make the people passionate about the Bears bid work even harder.
I do know about the bid numbnuts having family in the region who don't give two shits about norths. Very much like the majority of people on the CC who don't give three shits about norths. But of course you would have us believe that people from Wyee and Charmhaven are dedicated norths fans whose houses are painted red and black and kids are named Harold, Ken and Greg.

And who says I haven't done 'proper research' Professor Numbnuts? For starters I have filtered down your propoganda drivel to its nuts and bolts and found nothing. You can bash on about community as much as you like, about business and council support for the rest of your life, the truth is they have lent their support to the idea of the bid, much like people will buy a box of chocolates for charity. You're very naive to think that businesses have signed on for any other reason than tax purposes.

The truth is this numbnuts - if the bid fails then the people of the central coast won't be throwing themselves off the Toukley bridge in despair. They will more than likely shrug their shoulders and get on with life and get on with watching league. Its the norths fans ramming propoganda and nonsense down peoples throats who will be crying. And to that I have sympathy because they have put in the hard yards, unfortunately sometimes people choose the wrong project to work hard in.

Attention all Central Coast Bears fans.

The final push for the expansion race is almost upon us. We need your support to show to the NRL and I.C. why a Central Coast side is important to the game. We have 7000 financial memberships, 50+ businessess and over 25,500 online supporters.

We need all those factions to grow over the next few weeks. If you haven't already signed up as a member and are thinking of doing so, do it today. We are holding a membership drive @ North Sydney Oval or alternatively you can sign up on the official webpage www.centralcoastbears.com.au

The passion for a Central Coast team has never been greater and with a wonderful community and supporters behind us, we will win an NRL franchise license.

The naysayers have come out of the woodwork because they know our bid is the most advanced, most rock solid and most supported. We, as fans have the power to change many things in the great game of Rugby League and this is one of those things.

Get behind the bid, show your support and let's prove to all the naysayers that we are here to stay.

Go the Central Coast. Go the Bears. Go the Central Coast Bears!!!

image.php

I do know about the bid numbnuts having family in the region who don't give two shits about norths. Very much like the majority of people on the CC who don't give three shits about norths. But of course you would have us believe that people from Wyee and Charmhaven are dedicated norths fans whose houses are painted red and black and kids are named Harold, Ken and Greg.

And who says I haven't done 'proper research' Professor Numbnuts? For starters I have filtered down your propoganda drivel to its nuts and bolts and found nothing. You can bash on about community as much as you like, about business and council support for the rest of your life, the truth is they have lent their support to the idea of the bid, much like people will buy a box of chocolates for charity. You're very naive to think that businesses have signed on for any other reason than tax purposes.

The truth is this numbnuts - if the bid fails then the people of the central coast won't be throwing themselves off the Toukley bridge in despair. They will more than likely shrug their shoulders and get on with life and get on with watching league. Its the norths fans ramming propoganda and nonsense down peoples throats who will be crying. And to that I have sympathy because they have put in the hard yards, unfortunately sometimes people choose the wrong project to work hard in.

You haven't done proper research and you don't know anything about the bid. This reply is exact evidence of this. Don't try to paint a turd and say it isn't a turd now. Of course you will state otherwise but quite clearly, you still haven't got a clue about the bid.

Here this might help you a little bit www.centralcoastbears.com.au

Last edited:

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
You haven't done proper research and you don't know anything about the bid. This reply is exact evidence of this. Don't try to paint a turd and say it isn't a turd now. Of course you will state otherwise but quite clearly, you still haven't got a clue about the bid.

Here this might help you a little bit www.centralcoastbears.com.au

I get it. Because my view is different to yours this means I don't have a clue on the bid. This is the fundamental flaw of the norths bid. They refuse to take any criticism or advise from anyone and fail to see that their approach is not neccesarily the correct one.

The Brisbane bids changed the game, yet norths are still playing with the same game plan. Good luck with the bid, you are going to need it.

bobmar28

Bench
Well...it's true. But many factors would boost the TV deal, many of which we wouldn't tolerate. TV is not and should not be the only deciding factor here, it's time we stopped being the networks' bitch.

And give up that dream of a billion dollar payday.

I get it. Because my view is different to yours this means I don't have a clue on the bid. This is the fundamental flaw of the norths bid. They refuse to take any criticism or advise from anyone and fail to see that their approach is not neccesarily the correct one.

The Brisbane bids changed the game, yet norths are still playing with the same game plan. Good luck with the bid, you are going to need it.

It's not because your views are different from mine. It's because your views are simply incorrect and constructed from baseless accusations and lack of knowledge or insight into the bid itself. Nothing to do with Norths, the Bears or the CC as single entities but rather the Central Coast Bears as one entity. Which you keep missing the point on.

Brisbane bids did change the game. Their comments got David Gallop furious, unwilling to move even with Rugby Union signing threats and now he ultimately keep stating the importance of a strong community supported bid.

The only advice we need is from people who have a connection to the Central Coast business, rugby league and public sector, the NRL, CRL and of course the Bears bid team. Everything else is trivial and not important to the direction in which the CCBears bid is going. Which coincides with Gallops firm stance of strong community support. Your opinions and even my own personal opinions have no bearing on the Central Coast Bears bid or it's progression and advancement. It's run as a business and like so, it's important to treat it as such.

If you want to give your opinions so much then email the Central Coast Bears directly and gets the questions you need answered, answered. It's very simple but like a few other naysayers, it's easier to just post baloney on the internet and assume everything based on no credibility or proper research isn't it?

Last edited:

Sgt. Kabukiman

Juniors
Canberra crowds could improve but 13000 odd a game is real, your 20000 figure to a side not even in the premiership is laughable.

I've said this before, but if the community really wanted a team in the comp why haven't we seen this '1.1 million' community march in the streets for their team? Why don't we see thousands of names on petitions or hundreds of people in bears jumpers showing up at bluetongue when a game is on there?

Been there, done that, Numbnuts. Meanwhile the Raiders have been around for 30 years, won three Premierships and had the whole joint to themselves for the majority of the time, yet their ground's a cemetary unless St George decides to bring 5-10,000 fans with them :lol:

And please, going on Wikipedia and finding the names of a few Central Coast places isn't gunna fool anyone into thinking you know anything about the bid or the area. Stick to talking about things you know about - woeful football teams, Cockington Green and sniffing glue should cover it.

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
Been there, done that, Numbnuts. Meanwhile the Raiders have been around for 30 years, won three Premierships and had the whole joint to themselves for the majority of the time, yet their ground's a cemetary unless St George decides to bring 5-10,000 fans with them :lol: .
The ground's a cemetary. Exactly, there is many a side that has been layed to rest at Canberra stadium.

And please, going on Wikipedia and finding the names of a few Central Coast places isn't gunna fool anyone into thinking you know anything about the bid or the area. Stick to talking about things you know about - woeful football teams, Cockington Green and sniffing glue should cover it.
I know the central coast quite well you raving lunatic. And I know that the '1.1 million' people of CC aren't going to cut themselves if norths don't make it.
I'd suggest you steer clear of the glue yourself, 20000 every fortnight, laughable.

bobmar28

Bench
Gallop also stated in the Sun Herald today that they will probably stagger the 2 new teams..one in 2013/14 and one later in 2015..the line that I like he says

''I don't think you want two new teams that limp along at the bottom of the table for a long time. To me, competitive playing talent and community engagement are the key to a successful expansion."

Not sure what this means for the QLD bids if anything?

If you think a SEQ team would limp along at the bottom of the table for a long time you may be in for a big surprise.

If you think a SEQ team would limp along at the bottom of the table for a long time you may be in for a big surprise.

Besides the Broncos and perhaps Titans, the Crushers, Cowboys, Seagulls, Giants and Chargers limped at the bottom quite frequently. So yes, I'd like to be suprised because it'd be a great thing if a new QLD team hits the ground running and does well. Just like it would be a great thing is the CCBears hit the ground running and performs well.

My sly remark was in contrast to the other quotation, rather then it being specifically aimed at ladder positioning of a future team.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member

I've said this before, but if the community really wanted a team in the comp why haven't we seen this '1.1 million' community march in the streets for their team? Why don't we see thousands of names on petitions or hundreds of people in bears jumpers showing up at bluetongue when a game is on there? Alll we see is a handful of norths fans wanting their team back. No doubt the CC community would support a team if it ever (but not 20000 a game :lol:) happened but at the moment the demand seems mild at best despite what norths fans say.

As a Central Coast local with significant knowledge of the Bears bid, I am quite certain you have done little-to-no research on the Bears, the Central Coast community or rugby league support in the region.

There's not really any cold, hard facts to respond to in your tirade to be honest.

Sgt. Kabukiman

Juniors
I know the central coast quite well you raving lunatic. And I know that the '1.1 million' people of CC aren't going to cut themselves if norths don't make it.
I'd suggest you steer clear of the glue yourself, 20000 every fortnight, laughable.

And how would the people of Canberra react if the team folded or relocated? Probably the same way they reacted when the team joined Super League - by not giving a shit and wandering off to find the next sport going around ;-)

And if you don't think we can get 20,000 (after the stadium is finished, of course - capacity is slightly below 20,000 at the moment) every second week in probably the strongest rugby league city in the world then you've got massive problems. You might wanna stop drinking the Lake Burley Griffin water, it's doing things to your head.

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
As a Central Coast local with significant knowledge of the Bears bid, I am quite certain you have done little-to-no research on the Bears, the Central Coast community or rugby league support in the region.

There's not really any cold, hard facts to respond to in your tirade to be honest.
Research on the bid. f**k me. So Timmah, next time I venture to the central coast will I see you and RB&B walking around in white coats and filling out surveys? Or will you be too busy back in the office writing your theses on the bears? And how the hell do you know what 'research' I have done.

If the central coast get in they will be supported, just as they have some support now. But my point is this - there is no mass groundswell of support for the bid which is what bears supporters would have you believe.

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
And how would the people of Canberra react if the team folded or relocated? Probably the same way they reacted when the team joined Super League - by not giving a shit and wandering off to find the next sport going around ;-)

And if you don't think we can get 20,000 (after the stadium is finished, of course - capacity is slightly below 20,000 at the moment) every second week in probably the strongest rugby league city in the world then you've got massive problems. You might wanna stop drinking the Lake Burley Griffin water, it's doing things to your head.
Does Newcastle get 20000 a week? Townsville?
If they do and the bears did I would congratulate them. But not lay the boot into another team for not getting those numbers. Canberra support is OK, thanks, anyone with a tiny bit of knowledge of southern and western country NSW would know that.

Status
Not open for further replies.