What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Central Coast Bears, 2013.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sgt. Kabukiman

Juniors
I have a tiny bit of knowledge of southern and western country NSW - they don't go to games. Yet you want to deny the Central Coast a team based on what you saw when you accidentally took the Ourimbah turnoff while heading up to Forster to go to Ton-o'-Fun?

We've got more support than your team, more valuable sponsors than your team, a better ground than your team - are you jealous, scared or a mix of the two?

This isn't about what we got compared to existing teams or other bids. This is about the fact that we have jumped through every hoop and undertook every obstacle that the NRL or anyone else has thrown in front of us. The Central Coast Bears have had to do much more than any other bid to establish themselves and make sure that the NRL are aware of our presence, achievments and accomplishments thus far.

We have proven that we can generate support both from the greater community, the corporate sectors and many rugby league honchos.

We have proven that we can generate the funds to self sustain and stabilize ourselves now and in the future.

We have proven that our community will turn out to games, support a local team and therefore pay for memberships, merchandise and pay-TV outlets.

This isn't about other teams, bids or cities. This is about the Central Coast Bears and their inclusion into the NRL. Let's not lose hindsight to that Bear fans. We are ready to rock and roll!

Last edited:

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
I have a tiny bit of knowledge of southern and western country NSW - they don't go to games.?
Exactly. Because its a bit far to commute every fortnight don't you think.

Yet you want to deny the Central Coast a team based on what you saw when you accidentally took the Ourimbah turnoff while heading up to Forster to go to Ton-o'-Fun??
Or maybe I got a feel of the support for the CC bears the last time I stayed at my Uncle's house in Charmhaven. Or the time I worked for six months in Gosford's emergency department. Not that I had time for one of Timmah or RB&B's research trips.

We've got more support than your team, more valuable sponsors than your team, a better ground than your team - are you jealous, scared or a mix of the two?
Jealous? Why would I be a jealous of a side not in the competition? Have you been to Canberra stadium? If Bluetongue is better than there is a bee's dick in it. And if we get the roof Canberra Stadium would be the envy of the comp. As for sponsors etc, we're doing OK thanks, plenty of local and national support keeping us rolling in it.

Membership drives continue today @

LOVE YOUR SUNDAY FOOTY?
Today at North Sydney Oval

1pm-NYC Toyota Cup Souths v Broncos
3pm- NSW Cup Norths v Bulldogs

Come down and support the Bears this afternoon and relive those great old memories of NSO the most picturesque ground in Australia.

The 3 CC-played games in which the CCBears have had initiatives over 18,000+ supporters showed up to Bluetongue. What's the problem with that?

the problem with that is, that a fair percentage would have travelled from sydney to watch their team......not to support the bears.......but, keep sticking your fingers in your ears, stamping you feet and screaming LA, LA LA, LA, LA, LA, LA !!!!!!!!!!

the problem with that is, that a fair percentage would have travelled from sydney to watch their team......not to support the bears.......but, keep sticking your fingers in your ears, stamping you feet and screaming LA, LA LA, LA, LA, LA, LA !!!!!!!!!!

What are you talking about? Because i'm talking about the 3 heavily promoted CC games in which the CCBears had initiatives to showcase local support. Which were all successful and where alot of CC locals turned out.

Obviously you're talking about something completely irrelevant again, which is what you do best mate.

Gallop says league may stagger expansion plans

Adrian Proszenko

June 26, 2011

ipad-art-wide-david-gallop-420x0.jpg
'There may be an opportunity to allow one extra team to come in 2013 or 2014' ... David Gallop. Photo: Adam McLean

NRL chief executive David Gallop has flagged the possibility of staggering the introduction of new teams into the competition over several years.

Expansion is again a talking point after Gallop said an 18-team competition would not happen until 2015. It came as a shock to prospective franchises, who believed expansion would coincide with the start of the new broadcast deal in two years' time.

Most took Gallop's comments to mean two new teams would be granted licences in 2015 - automatically giving broadcasters a ninth game to show every week.

However, the league boss said there may be an opportunity to allow one extra team to come in 2013 or 2014, while the second side could come in the following year.

''The question is whether you immediately want the ninth game or whether you stagger it to allow the playing market a bit more stability to allow for the two new teams to be competitive as quickly as possible,'' Gallop told The Sun-Herald.

''I don't think you want two new teams that limp along at the bottom of the table for a long time. To me, competitive playing talent and community engagement are the key to a successful expansion.

''Certainly the quality of our competition is producing results … It may come earlier than 2015 but I think we should certainly assume that by 2015 we'll have two new teams.''

Gallop said he had contacted all prospective franchises - the Central Coast Bears, Brisbane, Central Queensland, Perth, Ipswich, Wellington and Papua New Guinea - during the week.

Some had publicly raised concerns that the goalposts had been shifted regarding the timeframe, with the Brisbane bid boss, Craig Davison, claiming the game was costing itself $20 million every year that it delayed moving to an 18-team competition.

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/...nsion-plans-20110625-1gkmb.html#ixzz1QL1XsNoQ

What are you talking about? Because i'm talking about the 3 heavily promoted CC games in which the CCBears had initiatives to showcase local support. Which were all successful and where alot of CC locals turned out.

Obviously you're talking about something completely irrelevant again, which is what you do best mate.[/QUOTE

you said that because of ccb initiatives at the three games played at the central coast that 18,000 supporters turned up, iam saying that a fair percentage would have come from sydney to support their teams not because of the ccb initiatives......trying the old dazzle them with bullshit and they will swallow it line again, ay

CENTRAL COAST BEARS LEAGUE LEGENDS JUMPSTART LOCAL HIGH SCHOOLS

20th June, 2011 | Posted by Central Coast Bears.

Central Coast Bears Executive and coach in waiting, David Fairleigh, is a man on mission. Together with the Insight Organisation he has mentored over 50 students across Northlakes, Wadalba, Erina, Gosford, St Edwards and Narara Valley High Schools on the Central Coast.

The Jumpstart program aims to lift the spirit and self esteem of high school students and is having tremendous results. The pilot scheme sees leadership and self development programs run at high schools on a weekly basis with plans to expand to all Central Coast and North Shore schools in the near future.

With NRL expansion on the horizon and the hopes of securing a team in the national competition, Fairleigh is adamant about building a club that supports the local community from day one, “It’s rewarding to pass on my experiences to students and help them acquire the skills and confidence so that they have a chance to reach their full potential in life”. Our programme delivers on leadership, making good choices, confidence, self discipline and goal setting”.

Phill Pallas, Senior Youth Worker of the Insight organisation is full of praise for the new program, "It's a huge privilege to be partnering with the Central Coast Bears. When they walk into the classroom, student's faces light up. Through the Jumpstart program we are having success with young people that we just haven't had before."

Head Teacher Welfare at Wadalba Community School, Shannon Sager, is blown away by the impact the program is having, “It is great for students to see firsthand that hard work pays off. This program is one of a kind and fits in well with our targeted sports program.”

The Central Coast Bears plan to have their NRL playing roster undertake similar programs within the schools, with a view to building a club culture focused on giving back to the community.

http://www.centralcoastbears.com.au...gue_Legends_Jumpstart_Local_High_Schools.html

you said that because of ccb initiatives at the three games played at the central coast that 18,000 supporters turned up, iam saying that a fair percentage would have come from sydney to support their teams not because of the ccb initiatives......trying the old dazzle them with bullshit and they will swallow it line again, ay

And without the initiatives the crowds would have been slightly lower. The initiatives were heavily promoted by the CCBears and many locals whom probably wouldn't have turned out to see Tigers/Manly or Souths/Manly did.

And without the initiatives the crowds would have been slightly lower. The initiatives were heavily promoted by the CCBears and many locals whom probably wouldn't have turned out to see Tigers/Manly or Souths/Manly did.

fair comments.....good to see you are finally, starting to see where i am coming from, even without the bears initiatives the crowd would have been only slightly lower....imo the majority of crowds would have been travelling supporters

BunniesMan

Immortal
The fact that Gallop would even suggest 2013 has to mean the Bears are a serious chance. They're the only ones who could be ready to go that early.

Perth Red

Post Whore
After Gallops comments today re staged expansion it looks like either:

1. CC Bears - 2014 WA Reds 2015
or
2. WA Reds 2014 - Q'land team 2015

still in the dark and good that people are now asking for expansion bids to be informed if they are wasting their time. I am sure the NRL know now who they want and who they don't. To prolongue the facade that it is an open bid system is cruel on fans and a waste of peoples time and money.

The fact that Gallop would even suggest 2013 has to mean the Bears are a serious chance. They're the only ones who could be ready to go that early.

The reds would easily be ready.

They have been planning for years now.

And the talk is everywhere that the reds are the only certainty.

Yep, QLD is the one important thing to the TV deal. :roll: Forget better ratings than the AFL, State of Origin, Perth.

The QLD v Bears TV difference is massively exaggerated.

The better ratings are in large part due to the double header policy on a friday night ( ie. Always a qld team involved)

So there goes you're theory that QLD v CC is exaggerated.

Read into it how you want to but if the Central Coast Bears were no chance then

1) We wouldn't have been put on stand by twice by the NRL when firstly the Sharks were going through major financial difficulties and then when the Melbourne Storm scandal broke out. Both times it was the NRL whom approach us.

2) The NRL wouldn't endorse the Central Coast Bears selling licensed NRL/Bears merchandise at nationally known stores eg. Best & Less & Rebel Sports on the CC.

3) Memberships wouldn't be made out to be a big deal and the NRL wouldn't push us to sell them.

All 3 initiatives were in direct accordance and collaboration with the NRL. They know better than anyone how much money we've spent and how many resources we've used. After 3 or so years since the Florimo-lead bid came about, if we were no chance they wouldn't let us waste more than we have already.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts