What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Central Coast Bears, 2013.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Goddo

Bench
^ that was simply because they had a good stadium deal, and there was no NRL side there.

I doubt if there would have been an A-League franchise on the CC if there was already an NRL side.

Quidgybo

Bench
It's more about content, instead of 8 games a week we have 9 to sell.
No it isn't. Any combination of two new teams gets us the bump for an extra game. But new teams in some locations will be worth more to the networks than in other locations. The question is whether that difference in financial reward for one combination of new teams over another is big enough to substantially influence our decision on expansion? Or is the difference small enough for us to cop a little less and decide expansion substantially on other factors? We don't know that yet. Perhaps the NRL does or perhaps it'll only start to get an idea over the coming months.

Leigh.

CENTRAL COAST BEARS BREAK THROUGH 7,000 MEMBERS

28th July, 2011 | Posted by Central Coast Bears.

The Central Coast Bears broke another barrier as they signed up their 7,000th member on Saturday at the Westfield Hornsby and Westfield Tuggerah membership drives.

With an initial target of 5,000 members (which was reached in January, 2011) Bears CEO Greg Florimo believes that the sky truly is the limit.

"I am just amazed at the support the Bears have been shown by our local communities. Asking a supporter to put money into something that does not exist yet is not an easy task, however it is our strong membership numbers that I believe will prove a deciding factor come bid time" Florimo said.

The Central Coast Bears 7,000th member, Graeme Morgan, from Wyoming was thrilled to receive a call from the bears to congratulate him on winning a 3D camera.

"A community is not complete without a first rate sport around to focus on, and what better sport than Rugby League to achieve this. The Central Coast needs the Bears" Morgan said.

With delays in the introduction of an NRL independent commission, the Central Coast Bears have continued to work hard at building a solid case to be presented to the NRL.

"We are now aiming to get our membership as close to 10,000 as possible, prior to submitting our bid to the NRL. Whilst we have no control over the timeframe in which the NRL feels expansion decisions will be made, we are going to work hard and utilise this extra time to continue building a strong bid" Florimo said

http://centralcoastbears.com.au/news/central_coast_bears_break_through_7000_members.html

http://express-advocate-wyong.whereilive.com.au/sport/story/no-boycott-for-bears-fans/

Last edited:
The Central Coast Bears would like to welcome 2 new local sponsors to our bid..

Harvey Norman Erina

Harvey Norman Erina is the #1 location for all of your bedding, computing, electrical and furniture needs on the Coast. Harvey Norman Erina is located at 10 Karalta Lane, Erina.
Visit Harvey Norman's website by clicking HERE
____

Hotel Gosford

Hotel Gosford - Always popular with travellers, the hotel has been restored to the high standard of its’ heyday in the 20’s, when Sydneysiders could stay at the ‘thoroughly up-to-date ‘ Hotel Gosford and ensure an early morning start to the seaside. Hotel Gosford is always a favourite staging point for country travellers who can combine a business trip to Sydney (just over an hour away) with a stay on the coast. Offering a variety of accommodation styles to suit the weekend traveller from Sydney, overseas and the country traveller. We also have conference and meeting facilities. Peter, Jane and Jordan Harris are your hosts at the Hotel Gosford, located in the heart of the CBD.
Visit Hotel Gosford's website by clicking HERE
---

We welcome these businesses with open ups and are excited to extend our local business family. Go the Bears!!

image.php

Brutus

Referee
^ that was simply because they had a good stadium deal, and there was no NRL side there.

I doubt if there would have been an A-League franchise on the CC if there was already an NRL side.

I wouldn't be so sure about that.

Have a look at number of current A League sides, with NRL clubs in the same city.

They targeted the RL heartlands.

No boycott for Bears fans
28 Jul 11 @ 11:15am by Staff Writer
2ec141eb256d4e196a1be0797533ebe4_resized.jpg

TALK of an NRL boycott has been blown out of the water by Central Coast Bears supporters this week.

A Daily Telegraph article by sports columnist Nick Walshaw last week urged “coasties” to avoid tonight’s Manly-Wests Tigers game at Bluetongue Stadium to send a strong message to NRL CEO David Gallop that the coast wants its own team to cheer for.

“If Central Coast footy fans really want to make a statement, they should stay home. Boycott. I will be. Put simply, it’s time to say enough.” - Nick Walshaw (Monday, July 18).

But Bears fans say staying away is not the answer.

Volunteer Todd Nelson said the red and black army would turn up in force. He is bringing a team of Central Coast junior players that he coaches.

“I can see Walshaw’s point because we keep going to games and not getting our own team, which is frustrating,” Nelson said. “But David Gallop has said in the past we should vote with our feet so I have gone to every match there for the past three years and will keep going to all the other games.”

Nelson said he would only ever consider boycotting if the Bears’ bid was knocked back for good.

“If they ever tell us we’re not in the competition, that’s when I’ll stop going.”

Bears chief executive Greg Florimo said he definitely didn’t endorse Walshaw’s comments. “I encourage people on the coast to get out to our local games and support a team here,” he said. “We have proven fans can turn up for games - last year the game was a sellout and no doubt fans will roll in again.”

The Bears recently received the renewed backing of John Singleton with Bluetongue Stadium signing off on an investment of $2 million to become a shareholder in the Bears upon being given an NRL license.

“That’s another reason we should go to Bluetongue games,” Nelson said. “With them coming on board we want to show our support there and not hurt them.”

Meanwhile, the Bears broke another barrier this week with the signing of their 7000th member on Saturday at the Westfield Hornsby and Westfield Tuggerah membership drives.

http://express-advocate-wyong.whereilive.com.au/sport/story/no-boycott-for-bears-fans/

docbrown

Coach
The best thing the CCBs can do is get as many large crowds as possible.

This boycot stuff is alarmist nonsense.

The boycott talk was posed by a journalist (Nick Walshaw). Not sure on his angle. The Central Coast Bears won't have any involvement with this particular game, though we encourage as many people to get out to the game as possible. Of course wearing red & black would be an added bonus. Either way with Bluetongue Stadium now being involved with Central Coast Bears Limited, it's would in everyone's interest to try and have a sell out again.

central_coast_bears_logo_s4.jpg
central_coast_bears_logo_s4.jpg

smithie

Juniors
Grim and Bear it: Gosford on expansion backburner

A sell-out crowd is expected at Bluetongue Stadium for tonight's Manly-Wests Tigers match but Central Coast fans shouldn't get their hopes up about a Gosford-based team joining the NRL any time soon. Officials at last week's NRL clubs conference made it clear they do not believe another team should enter the competition until at least 2015 - and south-east Queensland, Perth and New Zealand were more preferable options than the Central Coast Bears. In fact, Sin Bin has been told that Gosford's best hope of getting a team would be if an existing Sydney club relocated - either there or to Perth - and the competition was expanded to 18 sides.

http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/...d-on-expansion-backburner-20110728-1i2cf.html

Knightmare

Coach
Another day, another anti- Bears article from the SMH. Nothing new.

Btw, did you know that Craig Davidson single-handedly cleaned up Brisbane after the floods?

Meh.. Who cares really? It's all a ploy to distract and hamper our progression. I reckon we must be close to getting a license by the way these media publications are going on about it. If we had no chance then why even bother giving us media spotlight?

Hopefully Bluetongue gets close to a full house tonight and ofcourse our membership drives continue this weekend.

Version 6

Staff member
Meh.. Who cares really? It's all a ploy to distract and hamper our progression. I reckon we must be close to getting a license by the way these media publications are going on about it. If we had no chance then why even bother giving us media spotlight?

Hopefully Bluetongue gets close to a full house tonight and ofcourse our membership drives continue this weekend.

Why would the Sydney Morning Herald (or the journalist in question) be interested in distracting and hampering your progression?

I'm interested in why you think the journalist is doing anything other than reporting what happened at the conference.

Because it's all to do with perception and if the perception of one or two clubs is that the CCBears won't get in and they get to the media first then that's what's printed. Just like last years meeting and the anti bears articles that followed. You don't expect these journos to actually ask every club on their opinions do you?

Rockin Ronny

Juniors
Because it's all to do with perception and if the perception of one or two clubs is that the CCBears won't get in and they get to the media first then that's what's printed. Just like last years meeting and the anti bears articles that followed. You don't expect these journos to actually ask every club on their opinions do you?

true.
However, rugby league has been so fundamentally corrupt for decades, slave to a corrupt industry (pokies) and owned by a corporation whose ethics and practices are now being so clearly exposed in the UK.

In rugby league, it's not a question of what's best for the game - the big issue is "what decision will benefit me most?"

Bluebags1908

Juniors

But if depends on where the journos get their sources from - did the inside info come directly from David Galliop or the NRL? Or is it just scuttlebut from the clubs?

Beowulf

Juniors
All these articles show is that by writing anything about the Bears, it sells papers. Singo gets on board...papers sell...next week surprise surprise 'no to bears'....papers sell.

Tomorrows papers...sellout at bluetongue as fans demand team...on goes the media merry-go-round.

The deathriders still haven't seem to worked out that the IC as a group, with D Gallops direction, will decide on expansion in approx 6 months, NOT now!

David Gallop has not advised Flo of anything different, and he promised Flo he would be the first to know if there was a definite leaning one way or the other.​

Scarves

Juniors
Why do Newtown get a forum page but not the Norths Bears or even the old 'Dales? Surely much of the Bears propaganda deserves its very own forum area... I see the Reds flood the W.A. forum page without too much criticism of their bid. So my point leads to that many trollers may or must not go to the trouble of visiting the purpose built areas and just hang around the main NRL site. If this is the case, the dudes talking up the Bears may not encounter as much on line ill informed hostility if they had their own area on this site. Is this a viable suggestion?

Status
Not open for further replies.