What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Central Coast Bears, 2013.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beowulf

Juniors
Who says any team will be weak? You are basing that on pure bullshit. A Bears team could get flogged every week.

Every team will go through cycles of up and down...unelss they rort the cap!

Its whether the fans will hang in there in tough times. Won't comment on other bids, but I know the Bears fans will.

Central Coast Bears Lakehaven Membership Drive Today!

Lakehaven Shopping Centre 9am-3pm.
Come down and sign the kids up as a Cub Member for only $10 inc CCB's Cap, wristband, sticker and membership card. Adult memberships start from as little as $20, great individual packages for $40 as well as Family memberships which start from $50.

The NRL would have to be f**king nuts not to include the Bears sooner rather than later.

The Central Coast Bears team will do their absolute best. The fans and supporters truly have come out in force since the bid launched. The community support and reception has been fantastic. The model of the bid has been built on all the strengths that the CC has, good branding for a nationally spread support base with the Bears. Strong financial and corporate show of support. Great NRL stadium without a home team. Initiaives in the community through junior league, schools, membership drives, charities and events.

All we can do is to give it our best shot by showing support. Memberships go a long way into ensuring that the Central Coast Bears get awarded an NRL franchise license.

Go the Bears.

The Central Coast Bears membership drive is on @

WEDNESDAY 6th JULY (STATE OF ORIGIN III)
EVENT: Davistown RSL
TIME: From 6:30pm

EVENT: North Sydney Leagues Club

Herzog

Juniors
The Central Coast Bears team will do their absolute best. The fans and supporters truly have come out in force since the bid launched. The community support and reception has been fantastic. The model of the bid has been built on all the strengths that the CC has, good branding for a nationally spread support base with the Bears. Strong financial and corporate show of support. Great NRL stadium without a home team. Initiaives in the community through junior league, schools, membership drives, charities and events.

All we can do is to give it our best shot by showing support. Memberships go a long way into ensuring that the Central Coast Bears get awarded an NRL franchise license.

Go the Bears.
Geeze that stadium looks great.

Beowulf

Juniors
The Central Coast Bears membership drive is on @

WEDNESDAY 6th JULY (STATE OF ORIGIN III)
EVENT: Davistown RSL

EVENT: North Sydney Leagues Club

I'm on the merchandise/membership booth at Norths leagues Club for SOO 3 - anyone who hasn't signed up come along for a great night - game screened on the big screen in the auditorium and Bears legends Don McKinnon, Mark Soden, Jason Taylor will be there to talk anything footy. Can't wait!​

Perth Red

Post Whore
Out of interest do the Nth Sydney Bears have the $'s to refund the financial investorsiof the bid is unsuccesful? I am presuming this money is what has been funding the bid so far?

supera

Juniors
hi all, please don't consider this a troll, it's a genuine question...

in reading these threads, I was under the assumption that ccb had pretty broad support on tge central coast. I now speak to people who know tge area well who tell
me that the bears identity is particularly divisive.

so:

is this true? how significant is this issue?

how will the bears, from a reasonably regional area, who only have partial support from tgeir own community, compete with Perth, central qld or Ipswich for a spot?

finally, would the central coast bid be more or less viable if it were removed from the bears? (ignoring for now that the bears have exclusivity in the region for a while yet)

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member

in reading these threads, I was under the assumption that ccb had pretty broad support on tge central coast. I now speak to people who know tge area well who tell

so:

how will the bears, from a reasonably regional area, who only have partial support from tgeir own community, compete with Perth, central qld or Ipswich for a spot?

finally, would the central coast bid be more or less viable if it were removed from the bears? (ignoring for now that the bears have exclusivity in the region for a while yet)

There is a very small component of people who would prefer a separate identity. I don't believe it's overly significant - what these people don't understand is that the Bears are the one putting their hands up, doing the hard yards, signing members, securing corporate partners. I don't think there's a suitable alternative for anyone to get too upset about.

7,000-odd members speaks for itself IMO.

Beowulf

Juniors
Out of interest do the Nth Sydney Bears have the $'s to refund the financial investorsiof the bid is unsuccesful? I am presuming this money is what has been funding the bid so far?

Most of the money required for the bid has been generated by memberships and merchandise, but with the delay to the IC membershisp are obviously slowing down and more of a reliance in the short term will be on sponsors. All going in are fully aware of the risks - non-refundable investment - but luckily going forward the major sponsors we will have onboard are 100% Bear and Central Coast driven. In a couple of weeks a sponsor announcement will be made and all will become clear. Sorry I can't say more.

Beowulf

Juniors

so:

All genuinely interested posts are welcome!

There is no competing bid because the cost of financing an NRL team is approx $16m a year - there simply is not the corporate pool on the Coast, hence they need the corporate muscle of the north shore....who will only back a team if its called the Bears. D Gallop also has said repeatedly the attraction for the CC bid is the reconnection with former Bears...hence its Bears or nothing. Better to have 80% of what you want than zero!

Of the 7000 members, 4,500 are from the Coast, so its pretty solid support. Think St George Illawarra for the closest current NRL model - works pretty well I think.

As for other bids, sure no possible division in Perth (although they are happy to take a relocated Sydney side OR the Reds) or CQLD, but SEQ currently have 3 or 4 bids/intending bids in the pipeline, all supported by 1 or 2 QLD Cup sides....in an area with 2 exisiting NRL teams, 1 of whom is struggling.....now by definition THAT's divisive!

BDGS

Bench

so:

Something wrong with your "H" key?

Beowulf

Juniors
Looks like the RLW expansion poll "which team should be admitted when the NRL expand" is abt closed now - figures to the nearest 10 at present....
CC Bears 1800
Central QLD 1010
WA 530
PNG 120
Brisbane 110
Wellington 90
Ipswich 30

bluey

Bench
Looks like the RLW expansion poll "which team should be admitted when the NRL expand" is abt closed now - figures to the nearest 10 at present....
CC Bears 1800
Central QLD 1010
WA 530
PNG 120
Brisbane 110
Wellington 90
Ipswich 30

Depends where the poll was held.

IMO Perth / Brisbane

Status
Not open for further replies.