What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Central Coast Bears, 2013.

Status
Not open for further replies.

KnightsMan90

Juniors
THe Football Dept was leaking money also. It says more abt the judgement of the NRL, choosing Searle over the Bears/Singo. Thats 6 failed SEQ franchises. If they protect the Titans, zero chance of another SEQ side in the short/medium term. They will be looking for zero risk.

Singo's saying what everyone in RL is thinking in NSW - to contemplate a bailout is an insult to not just the Bears but Rabbitohs, Dragons, Steelers, Magpies, Tigers fans.

They ARLC have no option but Bears and a WA side of some form (Sharks or WA Reds and CQLD Sharks) - new decision makers who will learn fom the mistakes of their predecessors.

I think you underestimate the fury down here at present...am wearing my Bears jersey this weekend everywhere and have had rugby league fans from all clubs coming up to me saying ' you guys were rorted, they've no choice but to put you in now.' Its the fans game so Gallop says and this is the ARLC's chance to prove it.

Theres a bit of a difference between now and then. Back then the game was controlled by interests wanting to sweeten their own honeypot and their mandate was a smaller more rationalized comp, so teams were going to be culled.

Now we have an independant comission who will look after the best interests of the game and the teams we have. To cry that the Titans may get a bailout when the bears didn't is just childish, and if that the sort of supporter the bears are they dont deserve a team.

Also the ARLC do have an option, its called, Brisbane, Ipswich or CQ.

BuffaloRules

Coach
Interesting to note on The Roast panel yesterday, that they mentioned Perth,Ipswich and even Central Qld as a dark horse for expansion, but no mention of the Bears....

I think Channel 9 have forgotten they exist! ( que Bear supporter conspiracy theorists...)

Interesting to note on The Roast panel yesterday, that they mentioned Perth,Ipswich and even Central Qld as a dark horse for expansion, but no mention of the Bears....

I think Channel 9 have forgotten they exist! ( que Bear supporter conspiracy theorists...)

They probably have but the ARLC, David Gallop and the general fans havent.

BuffaloRules

Coach
Unfortunately the ARLC and David Gallop are in the middle of a three month discussion asking Channel 9 for hundreds of millions of dollars..

Unfortunately the ARLC and David Gallop are in the middle of a three month discussion asking Channel 9 for hundreds of millions of dollars..

Im sure they are, I'm also sure channel 9 runs the game and does a magnificent job of it that makes everyone happy. I'm sure channel 9 have never done anything wrong , biased and each decision is for the best future outcome of rugby league right?

BuffaloRules

Coach
Im sure they are, I'm also sure channel 9 runs the game and does a magnificent job of it that makes everyone happy. I'm sure channel 9 have never done anything wrong , biased and each decision is for the best future outcome of rugby league right?

They are far from perfect believe me, but they are one of two parties that are realistically going to bid to show the games on Free to Air...

Like it or not they are going to have some say in this...and they seem to be pushing for Perth and another QLD side...

age.s

First Grade

Irrespective of who gets in, I hope the decision is made with the best interests of the game at heart, not the best interests of organizations who's meddling produced the SL war.

If the games interest coincide with the networks interests than so be it. I think it's insane to take that as a given though.

BuffaloRules

Coach
Irrespective of who gets in, I hope the decision is made with the best interests of the game at heart, not the best interests of organizations who's meddling produced the SL war.

If the games interest coincide with the networks interests than so be it. I think it's insane to take that as a given though.

The decision rests with the ARLC ultimately, however they will be under immense pressure from clubs to extract the most money from a TV deal...

I'm sure mate. I'm sure another south Queensland side is also the best option right now because their last new franchise is in a state of absolute prosperity. Quick give them a team, let's see if they can last longer than 5 years before they get into financial strife. Your pockets are deep though, they'll be right won't they?:sarcasm:

Beowulf

Juniors

Its not a conspiracy, its well known that the Ch9/Roosters/Manly nexus did all possible to get the Titans up over the Bears last time, so why should their aims this time be different? Our hope lies in the I in IC meaning Independent, and I freely admit the Titans debacle aids our cause no end.

mave

Coach
I just knew it would be Manly's fault somehow :lol:

You guys do yourselves no favours at all with comments like that. I live on the coast (springfield) and my boy plays juniors for the Erina eagles. I would love to see the old rivalry back, also to see a direct local path to the NRL for his age group, but shit comments like that makes me think a big f*ck you to the Bears.

Talons

Juniors
Its not a conspiracy, its well known that the Ch9/Roosters/Manly nexus did all possible to get the Titans up over the Bears last time, so why should their aims this time be different? Our hope lies in the I in IC meaning Independent, and I freely admit the Titans debacle aids our cause no end.

If it's that well know can you supply us with some sort of source, cause I haven't read anything that specific.

You guys do yourselves no favours at all with comments like that. I live on the coast (springfield) and my boy plays juniors for the Erina eagles. I would love to see the old rivalry back, also to see a direct local path to the NRL for his age group, but shit comments like that makes me think a big f*ck you to the Bears.

I, 100% agree with this,

there was also the fact they tried to knife us to get the licence, and they bought sponsorship to the table that was worthless

Beowulf

Juniors

Actually Manly was the lesser of the cohorts involved with the Titans decision, which did surprise me. It was the involvement of a Foundation Club that disappoints me. My source is someone very closely involved at the time on the Bears side obviously.

My son is also involved in junior league in the catchment - I coach & manage, and I realise with no direct pathway my junior club will be dead in 2-3 years time, hence we need to get the Bears up.

Not sure of the reason for the hostility - Manly did what they had to do to survive, but you can't expect the CC Bears not to do what they have to do to exist, which is to expose the inherent systemic club bias against a strong Central Coast team to ensure any expansion decision is above board. Singo's taken the gloves off, so no time for sugar-coating now!

Last edited:

Perth Red

Post Whore
I think most are missing the point that the NRL sees the GC as a more strategic place for a team than the CC. It is why they got chosen despite having a weaker bid. It is also the same reason they are likley to once again chose 2 places other than the CC for expansion. It's not often the NRL seem to have a long term vision but they clearly made this decision based on long term outcomes, particularly in TV rights. If teams cost extra to prop up that is a good investment as long as that region is adding greater value to the rights and sponsorship deals than it is costing keep the club running. Same reason they are willing to pump $4mill into Melbourne each year.

Rubbish. A good strategic move is to expand to an area which makes you money, not loses it due to needing constant propping up. It's all about consumer demand.

Goddo

Bench
FFS can some of you bears fans move on from 2006? Seriously, the Titans was the best, most logical choice for the NRL. The Bears weren't rejected because of some conspiracy.

The Bears bid was rejected in favour of a second Qld side within the Brisbane oztam metro area. It was also done to apease the QRL. It was also done to better tap into the juniors of Qld/Northern NSW.

The Bears were beaten because Gold Coast was better for the game as a whole. The same is true now of Perth and Ipswich. Its not a conspiracy, just the truth.

FFS can some of you bears fans move on from 2006? Seriously, the Titans was the best, most logical choice for the NRL. The Bears weren't rejected because of some conspiracy.

The Bears bid was rejected in favour of a second Qld side within the Brisbane oztam metro area. It was also done to apease the QRL. It was also done to better tap into the juniors of Qld/Northern NSW.

The Bears were beaten because Gold Coast was better for the game as a whole. The same is true now of Perth and Ipswich. Its not a conspiracy, just the truth.

And how exactly had the Gold Coast benefited both oztam ratings or juniors? Both have been minimal improvements. All the possibilities that the Titans had when they came into the comp hasn't been fulfilled.

bobmar28

Bench
I'm sure mate. I'm sure another south Queensland side is also the best option right now because their last new franchise is in a state of absolute prosperity. Quick give them a team, let's see if they can last longer than 5 years before they get into financial strife. Your pockets are deep though, they'll be right won't they?:sarcasm:

If another QLD team is seen as too risky then there should be no expansion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts