What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Central Coast Bears, 2013.

Status
Not open for further replies.

docbrown

Coach
Absolutely. Have you seen the soccer goal nets on sports fields around western Sydney? They are everywhere.

There are soccer nets all over Australia yet the A-League is still well behind the AFL & NRL.

Perhaps the Western Sydney A-League side will benefit from the sheer population size - but - Sydney FC also had that advantage and they've failed to sustain it long term.

It will be interesting to see if this new side eats into FC's numbers.

I have no problem with the A-League at all but I do question its sustainability as a pro-comp, as do many soccer fans.

Perth Red

Post Whore
It is in a similair situation as RL in England, resources, sponsors etc getting swamped by much bigger codes. The advantage they have is Jnr numbers and the International game. I can see 5 or 6 teams being very big clubs and the rest also rans. Glory are a classic example of a succesful club waiting to happen. Under Tana they were drawing 16 crowds and had a big profile in Pert, under Sgae they are lucky to break 8K and have dropped off the sporting radar. like all sports and teams it comes down to the quality of the management at the end of the day.

Beowulf

Juniors
Actually I don't like it. Which is a shame... i was looking forward to the West Sydney A league team.

The lack of detail makes the strip very plain and the white shorts don't fit in.

CCB's have the black and red hoop strip spot on.

Cheers Clarency!

Its not such a big deal, if anything it proves the marketing potential of red and black - soccer has identified it. They are the most sellable colours in world sport (as told to me by an unbiased source - the Marketing Manager, Central Coast Bears!) From my point of view, hopefully the IC see that as well as part of the overall package.

At least I have a local soccer team I have a slight soft spot for (based on colours), but I (and plenty of others) will never see them play unless the A League go FTA before the A League folds (the first time the socceroos failt to qualify for a world cup).

Goddo

Bench
Its not such a big deal, if anything it proves the marketing potential of red and black - soccer has identified it. They are the most sellable colours in world sport (as told to me by an unbiased source - the Marketing Manager, Central Coast Bears!) From my point of view, hopefully the IC see that as well as part of the overall package.
So we should ignore commercial realities and go with the Bears simply because they are red and black? :-k

Perth is likely to be Red, Black and Gold. I suppose you will back them too. I bet you are an AC Milan fan.

Its as good an argument as any you Bears fans have presented.

Beowulf

Juniors
So we should ignore commercial realities and go with the Bears simply because they are red and black? :-k

Perth is likely to be Red, Black and Gold. I suppose you will back them too. I bet you are an AC Milan fan.

Its as good an argument as any you Bears fans have presented.

Grow up. Read what I say, not what you want me to say so you can begin another tiresome, juvenile argument. My comment was lighthearted and until the IC decide on a broadcaster package and Cronulla's development deal is resolved there is nothing to discuss for any bid and hasn't been for 2 months now.

Despite what you think, no bids are over the line (even us, despite what WE'VE been told), and all are in suspended animation for the time being - there is simply nothing to talk about.

Goddo

Bench
Grow up. Read what I say, not what you want me to say so you can begin another tiresome, juvenile argument. My comment was lighthearted and until the IC decide on a broadcaster package and Cronulla's development deal is resolved there is nothing to discuss for any bid and hasn't been for 2 months now.

Despite what you think, no bids are over the line (even us, despite what WE'VE been told), and all are in suspended animation for the time being - there is simply nothing to talk about.
:lol:

juro

Bench
What was the deal with The Roast saying the Bears bid won't get in because they don't have any money? Sorry if this has been dealt with before but I hadn't heard anything to that effect...

flippikat

Bench
What was the deal with The Roast saying the Bears bid won't get in because they don't have any money? Sorry if this has been dealt with before but I hadn't heard anything to that effect...

Yeah, I saw that segment too.. it was weird

They were all pushing for two Queensland teams to join the NRL in the next expansion. The gist of their argument was "if the Bombers & Western Corridor bids can combine and we add Central Queensland as well, that's the best move".

Best move for who? Channel Nine perhaps?

It would make scheduling Friday night double-headers for TV much easier if there were suddenly 5 Queensland clubs...

Bro Bear

Juniors
Now the truth I am over the double headers on a Friday night.

I can only hope the Bears are admitted.

And if new clubs are admitted the ones that are the best for the game and not TV are admitted.

Timbo

Staff member
How are the Pirates not best for TV? Opens up a live 9.30 Friday/6.30 Sunday timeslot on the East Coast.

gyallop

Juniors
Time slot means nothing if no one watches it. TV is about viewers.i am sure TV wouldnt pay an extra $1.50 Perth v Raiders at 930 pm but they have said an extra game at Suncorp is worth $20m a year.

The call for expansion is to get extra revenue from TV not because the game believes it should expand. If there is no extra money offered by TV for a 9th game there won't be expansion.

Bro Bear

Juniors
Well I am over watching the same team all the time at 9.30pm on Fridays. If Perth are included just for a game on Friday night how many people will get bored of watching them all the time. Need variety of all the teams playing at different times.

CC Bears have proven the fans will watch football at Gosford at all times as present NRL Clubs take their matches there.

Fox and Nine may have gone cold on the idea of having a WA team if Sydney newspapers are to be believed..

Perth Red

Post Whore
FACT is live games rate better than replays. Perth gives a new live slot into East coast that no other team can plus new capital city audience which no other team brings.

I'm surprised Sydney Newspapers know anything exists West of Penrith given some of the ignorant comments that come out for there.

CENTAL COAST BEARS BID LAUNCHES UNIQUE ONLINE MEMBERSHIP MODULE
The Central Coast Bears (CCB) are taking their 2015 NRL Bid to the next level with the launch of their fully interactive online seating module at the world class Central Coast Stadium. The module will allow members and fans to select the seat they wish to occupy at their home stadium, when the Central Coast Bears aim to take the field for the first time in season 2015.

"One of the platforms of our bid has been the support of the people through financial membership. To add to our members experience and to continue to engage community we have developed this module." CCB CEO Greg Florimo stated.

"We fully realise and appreciate the importance of membership as a growth area for current NRL franchises, and this program caters to our 7,844 members who will be rewarded for their loyalty and support by being invited to become our first fully ticketed members for our foundation season."

"This concept is a natural extension of the premise that we have built our whole Bid on, which is engaging the ground-swell of support that exists for our team from Kirribilli in the south to Lake Munmorah in the north. This territory of nearly one million people unites two of the great and traditional remaining Rugby League
heartlands on the North Shore of Sydney and the Central Coast" Florimo added.

The Central Coast Bears will launch this module on Tuesday 7th August to members only, and then to the public at the South's vs. Manly game at Central Coast Stadium on Friday 10th August. "We will have computers set up at the northern end of the stadium concourse to allow the general public and our members to select the place in history that they wish to reserve." Florimo emphasised.

Fans are urged to buy their tickets at ticketek.com.au as this top-flight Friday Night Football match is expected to be a sell-out. All Central Coast Bears fans can then join the Central Coast Bears volunteers in Bay 14 to enjoy the festivities.

In finishing Mr. Florimo said, "If you're a Central Coast Bears fan and are coming along to the game and want to show your support, come and see us at our merchandise stand and receive a free t-shirt to help show the NRL and the rugby league community as a whole that the Central Coast is worthy of its very own team."

NEXT EVENT Friday 10th August
South Sydney vs. Manly

Central Coast Stadium, Gosford
7:35pm kick-off

Central Coast Bears fans rally at Bay 14

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts