What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Central Coast Bears NRL Bid.

MugaB

Coach
You almost got "you're" correct. Congratulations, you're making progress! Just remember the apostrophe next time.
Thanx fückwit! I'm sorry did i spell that right?
Is grammar your speciality, is it the go -to for insulting the Sydney siders that know YOU ARE a moron

videotogif_2021.04.13_15.40.25.gif

Last edited:

T-Boon

Coach
I think it makes sense to move the Sea Eagles to the new stadium (with a couple games at Brooky) and call them Sydney Sea Eagles. They would be bigger than they are now within a decade with plenty of growth potential left. Currently they have zero growth potential.

Thanx fückwit! I'm sorry did i spell that right?
Is grammar your speciality, is it the go -to for insulting the Sydney siders that know YOU ARE a moron

View attachment 48060
You're the sort of narrow-minded fan that RL needs to cut loose if it wants to increase its footprint. Our game would be in a healthier place if it didn't have people like you holding it back.

You don't have a legitimate argument to support your Sydney-centric vision, which requires the game to be under-represented in Brisbane and unrepresented in Adelaide and Perth, so you resort to throwing out silly schoolyard insults whenever you're presented with facts that prove you're wrong.

You still haven't explained how your proposed idea for a 24-32 team competition will generate the capital needed to keep the current clubs and RLPA on board.

I think it makes sense to move the Sea Eagles to the new stadium (with a couple games at Brooky) and call them Sydney Sea Eagles. They would be bigger than they are now within a decade with plenty of growth potential left. Currently they have zero growth potential.
I agree. They could become a team that represents the North Shore and Northern Beaches. If travel to the SFS is a problem then PVL needs to lobby for high speed rail. It will benefit all Sydneysiders who have to commute into the CBD for work, so it won't allow knuckle-dragging dickheads like Fitzsimons to smear the idea without coming across as an anti-RL nutter.

siv

First Grade
Northern Sydney Roosters playing in Maroon Black and White solves all of the problems

Less than 7k at lotto land on a sunny Sunday afternoon. What a waste of a license!
Clubs like Manly need to expand their catchment. They could become behemoths if they did more to lure in fans from nearby LGAs. If Manly's to survive it needs to extend its range from North Shore to Central Coast. That will require heavy marketing within the local schools and reaching out to investors from the area. A rebrand to North Sydney Sea Eagles would help.

The Great Dane

First Grade
Less than 7k at lotto land on a sunny Sunday afternoon. What a waste of a license!
I was going to say that they’re pulling A-league numbers, but then I remembered that Western United pulled less than a thousand a couple weeks ago.

Either way there’s a warning in that; don’t put extra teams in the ‘big markets’ simply because you can.

MugaB

Coach
I was going to say that they’re pulling A-league numbers, but then I remembered that Western United pulled less than a thousand a couple weeks ago.

Either way there’s a warning in that; don’t put extra teams in the ‘big markets’ simply because you can.
No one is putting extra teams in Sydney, but i don't think removing them will help the brand overall either, but i get your point in regards to overloading SEQ might not be a good idea.
Manly in CC for half the season is probably the way to go, it also depends on what metrics we are going for. Warriors fans are hardly going to turn up in droves just coz the bubble just became an option. The game itself was a cracker tho.. ken mumalo almost locked the game up a minute to go.

MugaB

Coach
Clubs like Manly need to expand their catchment. They could become behemoths if they did more to lure in fans from nearby LGAs. If Manly's to survive it needs to extend its range from North Shore to Central Coast. That will require heavy marketing within the local schools and reaching out to investors from the area. A rebrand to North Sydney Sea Eagles would help.
4ad8cf2f93afe7ee64499861b7399e3d.gif
Click bait

Perth Red

Post Whore
Warriors fans are hardly going to turn up in droves just coz the bubble just became an option..

Clubs shouldn’t be relying on away club fans to be able to get a crowd. I’m struggling to figure out why this crowd was so pathetic? If the good people of manly dont want an nrl club to support that’s fine, let’s use the license for growth of the game.

The Great Dane

First Grade
No one is putting extra teams in Sydney, but i don't think removing them will help the brand overall either, but i get your point in regards to overloading SEQ might not be a good idea.
Manly in CC for half the season is probably the way to go, it also depends on what metrics we are going for. Warriors fans are hardly going to turn up in droves just coz the bubble just became an option. The game itself was a cracker tho.. ken mumalo almost locked the game up a minute to go.
If you are relying on away support to support your business then your business model is broken.

MugaB

Coach
If you are relying on away support to support your business then your business model is broken.
Correct, but generally you'd get at least 1/5th of the away team crowds attending most games, but i do agree it's not something you hope for. I just think i understand if the warriors crowds aren't part of that 7k, if it's any other side against them, you could really point out manlys faults there

reanimate

Bench
Clubs shouldn’t be relying on away club fans to be able to get a crowd. I’m struggling to figure out why this crowd was so pathetic? If the good people of manly dont want an nrl club to support that’s fine, let’s use the license for growth of the game.
As I said in the other thread, it rained in the morning up until shortly before kickoff on the Northern Beaches. The club has also done a terrible job in communicating the seating arrangements now that the northern hill is closed.

We're hardly alone though, the Saints posted 500 more than us, despite playing their neighbour and it being their 100 year celebration game.

The Great Dane

First Grade
Correct, but generally you'd get at least 1/5th of the away team crowds attending most games, but i do agree it's not something you hope for. I just think i understand if the warriors crowds aren't part of that 7k, if it's any other side against them, you could really point out manlys faults there
This all just excuses.

Perth Red

Post Whore
As I said in the other thread, it rained in the morning up until shortly before kickoff on the Northern Beaches. The club has also done a terrible job in communicating the seating arrangements now that the northern hill is closed.

We're hardly alone though, the Saints posted 500 more than us, despite playing their neighbour and it being their 100 year celebration game.

Its hardly a one off though is it? Couple of years ago your season avg at Brookvale was only 8.6K. You've only had one season since SL where you've been able to crack the NRls avg of 15k.
Anyone who thinks Dolphins playing in Redcliffe is a good idea needs to take a look at Brookvale crowd avg's!!

All reasons to give their licence to some one else. Their ground is a shithole, their fans refuse to travel and they only have 11k members. South Island Sea Eagles in Christchurch or West Coast Pirates in Perth would do more for the game. Let Roosters take over the North Shore and Northern Beaches with a few games against interstate teams and Knights at Central Coast Stadium.

Its hardly a one off though is it? Couple of years ago your season avg at Brookvale was only 8.6K. You've only had one season since SL where you've been able to crack the NRls avg of 15k.
Anyone who thinks Dolphins playing in Redcliffe is a good idea needs to take a look at Brookvale crowd avg's!!
Best bet for Redcliffe is to merge with Easts and represent everywhere from Moreton Bay through to Logan.