What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Central Coast Bears - Stand Aside

Status
Not open for further replies.

BunniesMan

Immortal
The Ipswich and CQ bids are not a fraction of the Titans bid a few years back. And the Bears bid is much much better than it was then. The Bears will be the 1st club in, it's not even close.

dgsfan

Juniors
One thing to remember though is that the Bears weren't even one of the top 5 highest rating teams on TV during the 90s. What effect can they even have on the ratings?

One thing to remember though is that the Bears weren't even one of the top 5 highest rating teams on TV during the 90s. What effect can they even have on the ratings?

They weren't top 5?

Tragic, just tragic.

I'm assuming you're all for the Reds to be the next team in the NRL, where did they run in the ratings whilst they existed?

Top 5?

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Oh dear, bobmar, ready to concede? :lol: Supremely owned in every way shape and form there.

bobmar28

Bench
waynebennettquote.jpg

Not quite "on board". Hell even I want to see the Bears get a franchise. But only when a Sydney team falls over. I want to hear Wayne Bennett say the Bears deserve a franchise ahead of a QLD one as a member of the bid team. That would be "on board" imo.

Last edited:

bobmar28

Bench
The thing is, it doesn't really matter how much money a team can bring in through the TV deal. If they haven't got a strong business model with community (sponsors) support the club will fall flat after a few years of being funded by the NRL. It also as the opportunity of while perhaps raising TV numbers to lower crowd numbers for that team and surrounding teams, which would have the game looking very silly.

Although i am still interested to hear more about Brisbane 2.

So am I.

bobmar28

Bench
Oh dear, bobmar, ready to concede? :lol: Supremely owned in every way shape and form there.

Don't get your knickers in a knot, read my reply before you start doing cartwheels. You Bears supporters are so sure of yourselves. You might be in for a shock.

Last edited:

andrew057

First Grade
Not quite "on board". Hell even I want to see the Bears get a franchise. But only when a Sydney team falls over. I want to hear Wayne Bennett say the Bears deserve a franchise ahead of a QLD one as a member of the bid team. That would be "on board" imo.

If thats not on board then no one is. Classic back track right here :lol:

Perth Red

Post Whore
TBF Bennett said the same thing about the Reds, is he on board with us as well? In fact its only Q'land he hasn't yet supported?

Red&BlackBear

First Grade
The next Central Coast Bears memberships drives are @

GOSFORD WATERFRONT - AUSTRALIA DAY

DATE: Wednesday 26th January
TIME: From 8:30am
* This marks the first year anniversary of the membership drives. Try to make this event, it'll be worth it.

Then the Central Coast Bears head back to North Sydney for a few days.

WESTFIELD CHATSWOOD
DATE: Saturday 29th January & Sunday 30th January
TIME: From 9:30am

41779_72707929443_6096_n.jpg

dgsfan

Juniors
If the Bears are admitted I hope for the sack of their fans they ditch that abomination of a logo.

BDGS

Bench
The next Central Coast Bears memberships drives are @

GOSFORD WATERFRONT - AUSTRALIA DAY

DATE: Wednesday 26th January
TIME: From 8:30am
* This marks the first year anniversary of the membership drives. Try to make this event, it'll be worth it.

Then the Central Coast Bears head back to North Sydney for a few days.

WESTFIELD CHATSWOOD
DATE: Saturday 29th January & Sunday 30th January
TIME: From 9:30am

41779_72707929443_6096_n.jpg

Gotta love the commitment mate, really do.

Status
Not open for further replies.