What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Central Coast Roosters

simostorm

Bench
The Modern game has no room for the Roosters in Sydney these days.
Pitiful support for how old the team is, cost of living is high,
I see a bleak future for this team why not move them to Gosford?
Go the Central Coast Roosters!

Parra Guru

Coach
hahaha no one on the Central Coast likes the Roosters.... No one outside of Bondi Junction likes them.

At least the Bears are likeable.

NikkiShark

Juniors
Parra Guru said:
hahaha no one on the Central Coast likes the Roosters.... No one outside of Bondi Junction likes them.

that's where you're wrong..
I know a few roosters supporters on the Central Coast. :sarcasm:

simostorm said:
The Modern game has no room for the Roosters in Sydney these days.
Pitiful support for how old the team is, cost of living is high,
I see a bleak future for this team why not move them to Gosford?
Go the Central Coast Roosters!

The Rabbits and the Roosters cannot survive together in there current locations for much longer then a decade.

If it meant them surviving long term it would not be such a bad idea. BUT I believe the Central Coast might have done it's dash for the moment as there is a lot of support for the Mariners up there in the A league.

Not sure how the locals will take to a relocated side. The Roosters and Souths have decisions to make in the next decade to secure there long term survival in there current positions.

Dogs Of War

Coach
Southern Rooster said:
Not sure how the locals will take to a relocated side. The Roosters and Souths have decisions to make in the next decade to secure there long term survival in there current positions.

I'm sure if they commited to playing there (with Central Coast becoming their name) then the locals would take to supporting them.

ozzie

Bench
well on the basis of finances the Roosters won't be going anywhere - the Eastern Suburbs Family consists of three clubs and Souths have?? The Juniors only give them a pitance towards the running of the club so where are they going to findmoney from? How long before Russ gets sick of his new toy? They have no leagues club as such and are just living from day to day.

Sponsorships for both clubs are high - though - I don't know about Souths but the Roosters sold all their sponsorships this year. I think that both teams can survive where they are but only if Souths become more financial and aren't sharfted by Russ & Co.

RoostarGirl

Juniors
Parra Guru said:

Guru your very wrong, the chooks have heaps of support up the Coast....I have a holiday place there so I know.

I went to the game up there last year between the Roosters and Canberra...huge crowd heaps of support for the red/white and blue. Another reason why Manly didn't succeed there.

humpy

Juniors
I am a roosters fan of 30 years, and will follow them no matter where they play (I currently live on the coast and travel down each home game as a season ticket holder).

There will always be a team playing out of Aussie stadium, but I agree that their is not enough room for both teams in a shrinking area of families due to more units and less houses.

Easts and Souths are like 2 feuding families that will never ever agree on anything. Every one has a different story about how the feud started, but they both know that they will never be able to work together, which is a shame, because as a united front they could be unstoppable, but this will never happen.

At the end of the day I think it is going to come down to who has the deeper pockets between uncle Nick & PHAC (could be a long battle). My only concern is if someone else does grab the central coast, there will be no where left for the loser to go when the war finally ends.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Can't tell you that there are plenty of Rorter fans on the coast... there aren't. The most popular teams here are Newcastle Canterbury and Saint George.

Timmah said:
Can't tell you that there are plenty of Rorter fans on the coast... there aren't. The most popular teams here are Newcastle Canterbury and Saint George.

why do you keep refering to the Roosters as rorters when all know that canterbury are the rorters and were convicted as such.

wake up and stop denying it - dogs= rorters

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Denying what? We rorted in 02 and got caught.

You lot continue to rort and funnily enough aren't caught.

At least you've choked every year since. 02. The Clayton's Premiership.

Timmah said:
Denying what? We rorted in 02 and got caught.

You lot continue to rort and funnily enough aren't caught.

At least you've choked every year since. 02. The Clayton's Premiership.

I know dog supporters are iq challenged but everyone know's your club tried to rort the system in 2002 and were caught and punished as they had an unfair advantage over others.- have they filled in the large hole in liverpool yet

i suppose in you "mind" someone that comes first in an exam but is later found to have cheated - should still be first. :sarcasm:

even wok ryan said the Roosters would have beaten the dogs due to their superior defence.

wake up

bulldog

Bench
marshall stalin said:
even wok ryan said the Roosters would have beaten the dogs due to their superior defence.

wake up

Is that the same Wok who happened to be helping Sticky out in the coaching stakes at the time?

LemonRusski said:
I know dog supporters are iq challenged but everyone know's your club tried to rort the system in 2002 and were caught and punished as they had an unfair advantage over others

No try about it, it was a rort plain and simple.

- have they filled in the large hole in liverpool yet

Why? You looking for a job?

Ron Jeremy

Coach
Timmah said:

Hey?, have you ever been to Terrigal pub when a Parra game is on? it's full of them.

And i actually do know a number of Roosters fans up here.

I hardly ever see a Canterbury or Saints jersey up here, i see heaps of Newcastle, West Tigers & Parra jerseys.

Im just guessing because Canterbury i sdoing well they are wearing their jerseys, just like most people when their wining.