What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Certainly some strange tactics tonight...

and taking 100 minutes of game time into next week is gonna hurt...

that's if we make it through to next week...

Ayshford was solid though...

and wait for it...Beau Nose...get it?!

Ron's_Mate

Bench
I didn't like it when Sheens started putting on all those young forwards in the last 10 minutes. That's when they needed more hard head experience out there. Hope there aren't too many injuries & they can lift themselves for next week.

scottie b

Juniors
Who else was he going to put on ? Benji was gone, Ellis was gone, Daniella was gone.

The last period playing with 12 man hurt especially when they got the ball from the scrum when Heighno was a bit hesitant in picking up the ball

However, how often does the defending scrum get penalised in that situation ? Nearly every time I reckon

Great effort by the boys, not a poor performer amongst them but going to be busted going into next week

Perth Tiger

Bench
Can't blame anybody tonight! Injuries are going to kill us

Proud of the boys tonight but f**king disappointed

Last edited:

dragon_around

Juniors
I think the roosters had the rub of the green from the refs, I was cheering you home.

Bad luck Tigers. I hope Marshall is fine for next week.

macnaz

Staff member
As above, they couldnt have done anymore. They were all great , i think thats the end of the road fpr both of them tho, very very hard to back up from that... It was both sides grand final 3 weeks early.
As for the scrum lose, 99999999 times out 100000000 the ref repacks it or makes up a bullsh*t penalty... But yeah the one time will always happen to the tigers when it means everything :(

Correct, no one to blame, all played very well however, a special mention to Ayshford who seems to have stepped up to the plate on the past 2 games and tonight he moved to the left hand centre position.

Plus Lui, he has been given a bad time here by some experts, tonight he really stepped up.

The forwards, a big thanks to you all.

Let's go off to church tomorrow and light a candle for quick recoveries and by that I mean, 100% fit to Marshall, Ellis and McKinnon (I say McKinnon because Brown may just have to go back to the centre for Daniella) or light an extra candle and hope that Lawrence is well enough and fit enough to play.

macnaz

Staff member
Nah i wouldnt want to rush Lawrence back and risk serious further damage tho.
A couple of things... Goal kicking 1 out of 3 :( could have got us over the line with 1 more.
Eliis , will he cop a suspension?
And finally.. FMD im sick of loosing that way all the time.

Last edited:

macnaz

Staff member
And that dumb wanker has the hide to question our loyalty, to follow the Tigers is the biggest test of loyalty imaginable.

It was a great effort by the boys unfortunately when it mattered inexperience,injuries and errors allowed the roosters back into the game,hopefully we can field a competitive team next week and be back on track for the GF

Juniors
Agree with all above posts.

I was extremely dissspointed, but 5 mins later very proud.

I called it game to Roos with 10 to go. All the momentum behind them and us down to 12 players.

Super effort to hang in there.

Would be an even greater effort if we can compete next week.

Fingers crossed for injuries.

meltiger

First Grade
Devestated

What was Robbie thinking deep into the second period of GP when we didn't go for the field goal?

How bad do we think Benj is?

Perth Tiger

Bench
Still guted, hopefully the dragons don't choke.

Still trying to find an excuse for the loss but it was just a tough loss.

Praying for Benji and Ellis

Big_Bad_Shark_Fan

First Grade
A thousand chances one of those how could you lose that ones.

Playing that last 10 minutes with 12 men clearly hurt, and playing without Ellis, Marshall and Daniella at the end you guys had no pace at all and the Roosters little men were just making too many metres.

Once it went to Golden point you guys were shot, and had nothing. EG when Bryce Gibbs did that charge down on the 50, at the end of that set youd only proceeded to the 25. No metres in you at all. Once it got to GP, your only chance was for Roosters to make a mistake, and Perret did 25 from his own line, but Rob Lui failed to set up his troops. Any good number 7 just sends 3 of his forwards there one after the other to set up for the field goal but he proceeded on the 3rd tackle to spin it wide and Ayshford went into touch.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
If Benji hadn't started throwing punches early in the first half, we would have had a try to Ellis next to the posts and an extra 6 points.

That's the stupid act which cost us dearly. everything after that was fate.

This loss sits squarely on Benji's shoulders.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
Obviously, I'm watching the game now.

Why is it that Lui can throw great passes from left to right, but is so f**king inept the other way?

And why, after 15 minutes and having almost all the ball, were we bringing on a second rower from the bench.

What forward was so inept that they couldn't stand 12 minutes of attack and 3 minutes of defence?

I think Fulton should have started and Payten on the bench.