What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Champions League Final - Manchester Utd FC v Barcelona FC

im like 10 pumpeds for this! I have thursday off work so i can celebrate. Although i know noone who cares about this match at all. Im thinking about heading down to the local english pub, but if we lose and im in my barca jersey in a crowd full of mancs, then im not going to have a lot of fun.

Should be a cracker but in all likelihood it will fizzer into a game of cat and mouse.

Really, there have been maybe three genuinely good CL finals this decade.

Man U to win over a depleted Barca.

Ridders

Coach
I've never been sold on Barca's back line, even when they are at full fitness, United should take this.

weasel

First Grade
I'm really hoping Iniesta is fit for this, he has been just amazing the last few months, but I'm a bit worried about Pep's choice to rest most of the first team for the last few weeks.

shiznit

Coach
interesting seeing most you blokes thinking Utd will beat a depleted Barca... im thinking along the same lines also...

just listening to alot of the 'experts' this week and there all spouting on about Barca winning by 3 goals... i often wonder if they even realise Barca will be below strength... especially at the back...

im just hoping like hell SAF lets the guys just go.... everyones been talking about how great an attacking side Barca are... and they really are great to watch... but in my honest but bias opinion i reckon united can be just as exciting...

heres hoping we see both Messi & Ronaldo show there magic...

I think United will set out to play their usual European counter attacking style.

I hope Barca don't change a thing about their style, I don't suspect they will. They're certainly not as strong defensively as United so I don't see that there’s any point in trying to out defend/counter attack them.

Has the potential to be a great final, Visca Barca!

hellteam

First Grade
So what time does the game actually start? I dont want to wake up too long before kick off

weasel

First Grade
That was really a great goal from Eto'o, who's been quite out of form lately. And as they did against Chelsea they've done as well against Man Utd, scoring with their first shot on goal.

weasel

First Grade
Well, Manchester United were dominate in the first 25 minutes or so, and Eto'o's goal was really just a counter-attacking punch, but in the latter stages of that half Barcelona looked like they were starting to take control of the game, if the current trend continues they will win this match. Fergie is gonna have to pull something out of his sleeve here.

weasel

First Grade
Congratulations, Barcelona. Join the pantheon of few teams to win a true treble. While Manchester United can console themselves with finishing the season with a treble of their own, a mickey mouse one of sorts, with a nod to Liverpool 2001. :lol:

shiznit

Coach
Congrats Barcalona... deservedly european champions.

far too good for United tonight... far, far too good.

also.. well done to Messi... ive had afew go's at him over the past month or so... calling him 'Missing' etc... but hes a class player... and deservedly will win the World Player of the Year.

as for Utd... well all i can say as im really disappointed... its okay to lose to a class side like Barca but to not even fire a shot... that was pretty bad.

once again... well done Barca on your brilliant achievement... a treble is a pretty special moment.. enjoy it.

:clap: :clap::clap: :clap:

Tommy Smith

Referee
Congrats Barca - the best side ive ever seen.

How awesome are they on the ball? You're on the edge of your seat every time they have it - and most importantly, they made Uniteds backline and midfield very nervous as well.

Xavi and Iniesta are just awesome and Messi is a God. Puyol was almost MotM and Pique wasn't far behind either.

Funnily enough i think Utd are the least suited of the big 3 EPL sides to tackle Barca. The likes of Giggs at 36, Anderson and Carrick are so inferior to what Barca had. In contrast Chelsea with Essien, Lamps, Ballack and Mikel and certainly Liverpool with their ultra powerful midfield would have been more dangeous.

But i think against Barca, Utds lack of class in the midfield was very evident. It was to a degree against Porto as well.

But in the end Barca are just a gift to clearly the greatest sport in the world. Beautiful to watch. Well done Guardiola.