What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Change the competition

coolumsharkie

Referee
Your right I did list the Sharks as gone, but with it open to everyone for their thoughts, I then expected to hear why the Sharks should stay in the competition. I cannot recall anyone saying anything much about them, at all.

Do they stay as is, do they need changes made at the club in any way, or do they relocate to where it is best for the comp?.
Would they stand a better chance by the move, and by creating a new fan base, or add to the fans they already have?

Nobody has mentioned anything of the fact that we have a foreign club already included in the NATIONAL RUGBY LEAGUE, and them wanting another club created.

F*uck off dopey, what team do you go for? Lets start by getting rid of them first then you wanker..

Sharks are staying put .. you got it?

F'ken tosser.

bluey

Bench
The last time I looked at the Atlas New Zealand was NOT a state of Australia. [yet]

How does the Warriors being in the NRL make any difference towards the sharks, it just does not make sense.
And as far as supporters not saying anything as to why they should stay , Just maybe we are all sick of these shark bashing threads.
It has been done to death.Allways remember that saying about living in glass houses, as one day maybe your club might just have some sort of trouble.

Last edited:

Weels

Juniors
Originally posted by Coolumsharkie..
what team do you go for? Lets start by getting rid of them first then you wanker..
"Doh" That day may come somewhere down the track.
When it does, I will discuss the subject.
That's what forums are for. If you can't be objective then find a thread
where the mentality fits in with the shire pride.
"from one wanker to another"

Weels

Juniors
How does the Warriors being in the NRL make any difference towards the sharks, it just does not make sense. It doesn't make sense because they are two different topics.
And as far as supporters not saying anything as to why they should stay , Just maybe we are all sick of these shark bashing threads.It's not intended to be a bashing. I've been reading all the off season of people calling for the sharks to go. I was hoping that I would get some intelligent reasons WHY they wanted them gone. Or why they should stay. Doesn't look like that is going to happen.
It has been done to death.Allways remember that saying about living in glass houses, as one day maybe your club might just have some sort of trouble.
That may well happen sometime in the future. If it does then I for one would most definately be expressing my thoughts, on every forum & newspaper I could find, trying to prevent that from happening.

Some of the replies on here have been of no assistance in your endeavours to promote the Sharkies. And that does not help in your cause to knock the knockers.

I'm not sure about a second team in Brisbane just yet. I'm sorry to say but the Sharks should be disbanded as an NRL franchise, obviously I'd like them to stay at Cronulla playing as a semi-pro team.

Another team in NZ I would like to see them replaced by. From where I am, I agree with Paul Vautin, when he said that franchises in Perth and Adelaide are years away, maybe even as many as 30 yrs away.

There aren't enough quality halves for more than 16 I don't think.

There has been a lot of talk about expansion lately, but not much about how that expansion should be handled.
How many teams?,
Locations of those teams?
How to structure the new competition to accommodate those teams?

My thoughts are;
20 teams.
New teams; Perth, Adelaide, 2nd Brisbane, Central Coast, Wellington NZ.
Remove: Sharks,

Season consists of a full round where every team plays all others once.
Origin is played free of other games being played that weekend.
Anzac test is played AFTER the Origin Series.

All clubs MUST play 3 teams, Pres Cup, Reserve Grade, 1st Grade.
If after a couple of seasons we find the changes have worked well, we should have the capabilities to add 2 more teams if the interest is there.

What are your opinion ?

mine is for the following

14 team comp- 2 rounds - 26 games

Parra Panthers- Merge parra and penrith
St george/cronulla /illawarra dragons- merge stgeoge illawarra and cronulla
Wests Tigers Canterbury- merge wests tigers and the bulldogs- based at campbelltown
Eastern Suburbs/Newtown- based at SFS
Norths Central Coast Rabbitohs- merge norths and souths - based on cc
Canberra - rename as ACT
Nth Queensland
Gold Coast
Brisbane
NZ
2ND Brisbane/south qld team
manly - renamed as northern beaches eagles
newcastle
PNG

Last edited:

Frailty

First Grade
I'm not sure about a second team in Brisbane just yet. I'm sorry to say but the Sharks should be disbanded as an NRL franchise, obviously I'd like them to stay at Cronulla playing as a semi-pro team.

Another team in NZ I would like to see them replaced by. From where I am, I agree with Paul Vautin, when he said that franchises in Perth and Adelaide are years away, maybe even as many as 30 yrs away.

There aren't enough quality halves for more than 16 I don't think.

And there in line is your problem. Paul Vautin is a fool and obviously has no understanding of what the WARL has been doing in the last few years. IF there is to be expantions I would vote Central Coast or Perth because both these areas have been making moves to put themselves in a 'ready to go' position.

As for the Sharks, why should they disbanded? They are one of the few clubs who actually owns their ground and are looking at income from areas other than football. Now that the development has been improved they should be allowed to be given the chance to become a profitable club.

Souths fans have short memories obviously about kicking out a club that has financial problems... And not to mention when their sugar daddied pull the plug the strife they will be in.

Frailty

First Grade
Here is my idea for a competition (and their home ground)

North Qld Cowboys (Townsville)
Brisbane Broncos (Brisbane)
Gold Coast Titans (Gold Coast)
Newcastle Knights (Newcastle)
Manly Sea Eagles (Manly)
Wests Tigers (Campbelltown/Leichardt)
Penrith Panthers (Penrith)
Parramatta Eels (Parramatta)
Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs (Bankstown)
Easts Roosters (SFS)
South Sydney Rabbitohs (Redfern)
Cronulla-Sutherland Sharks (Cronulla)
St. George-Illawarra Dragons (Wollongong/Kogarah)
Canberra Raiders (Canberra)
Melbourne Storm (Melbourne)
New Zealand Warriors (Auckland)

Sparky 74,

You've only got 2 Sydney franchises in there, the Roosters and the Tigers, you can't be serious bro ?

Things unfortunately take time, and evolution not revolution, but anyhow your going too far here, surely.

What I would like to see is a brand new stadium built in northern Sydney.

stormbati

Bench
Having two divisions of 1 for sydney/nsw and another for outside NSW teams is a silly idea. we've forgotten to think about the travel, the outer clubs would be travelling all over the place and the sydney clubs are virtually all next door to eachother.

1 Eyed TEZZA

Coach
Having two divisions of 1 for sydney/nsw and another for outside NSW teams is a silly idea. we've forgotten to think about the travel, the outer clubs would be travelling all over the place and the sydney clubs are virtually all next door to eachother.

It would actually be more damaging to the Sydney/NSW clubs because their sponsors would only be exposed to the Sydney/NSW market, interstate teams however would be exposed a fair bit more.

Chachi

Bench
What a great idea. Introduce MORE teams and play LESS games.

Talk about a recipe for success...we can increase the financial load on the game by requiring more salary cap handouts from the NRL to the additional clubs while getting even less money out of television rights next time around because there are fewer games to show on TV! Brilliant!

bobmar28

Bench
mine is for the following

14 team comp- 2 rounds - 26 games

Parra Panthers- Merge parra and penrith
St george/cronulla /illawarra dragons- merge stgeoge illawarra and cronulla
Wests Tigers Canterbury- merge wests tigers and the bulldogs- based at campbelltown
Eastern Suburbs/Newtown- based at SFS
Norths Central Coast Rabbitohs- merge norths and souths - based on cc
Canberra - rename as ACT
Nth Queensland
Gold Coast
Brisbane
NZ
2ND Brisbane/south qld team
manly - renamed as northern beaches eagles
newcastle
PNG

Tigers/Bulldogs - based in Liverpool.

Season consists of a full round where every team plays all others once.
Origin is played free of other games being played that weekend.
Anzac test is played AFTER the Origin Series.

I had to LOL @ this you do realise there are reasons its played at this time dont you sunshine?

And if you played it after the SOO well lol.

Frailty, oright bro ? Ok, obviously I take on board what you say, fine, if I was in total charge of the NRL, I would keep the Sharks in, if everything you say is true.

Secondly, there isn't a pro sports team out there who doesn't rely on financial support from outside the club. Granted a lot of this can be sponsorship, and indeed it will be interesting to see where Crowe and Holmes a Court will be, and what sport they will be watching in a few years time. As much as it pains me, maybe the South Sydney part of the name may have to be dropped in the future, and be just known as Rabbitohs RL, playing in North Sydney possibly. Unfortunately we are all governed by the Yankee Dollar.

coolumsharkie

Referee
"Doh" That day may come somewhere down the track.
When it does, I will discuss the subject.
That's what forums are for. If you can't be objective then find a thread
where the mentality fits in with the shire pride.
"from one wanker to another"

It's not the fact you choose Cronulla specifically, its the fact that you feel less obligated to look at your own team in a abolished situation. The fact that every f**kin' thread about reshaping the comp has dickwads thinking it's good to kill off existing teams. The fact that this topic has been done over and over again hasnt occured to you.

And your response was geniused.

Sparky 74

Juniors
OR

1 North Queensland Cowboys
2 East Coast Sea Eagles
3 Gold Coast Titans
4 Brisbane Broncos
5 Newcastle Knights
6 Central Coast Bears
7 Canberra Raiders
8 Melbourne Storm