What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Changes at the Dragons.

KogarahWarrior

Juniors
http://www.nospam47.com/au/league/l...he-dragons/1fnxr0skbccln1vsipkmt24vhr/slide/1

More changes for the Dragons

The changes keep coming in at the Dragons as the club desperately attempts to find a winning culture.

I’m hearing the club is set to appoint two former Dragons players to their staff to help embattled coach Paul McGregor.

Former halfback Matt Head, a smart operator, is set to be promoted to coach feeder team Illawarra Cutters coach while former grand final hooker Wayne Collins will take on the key role of NYC coach, mentoring the club’s up and comers.

Collins has worked the last several seasons under Michael Maguire at Souths and was part of the Rabbitohs’ premiership winning staff a couple of seasons back.

The Lurker.

RED73V

Juniors
http://www.nospam47.com/au/league/l...he-dragons/1fnxr0skbccln1vsipkmt24vhr/slide/1

More changes for the Dragons

The changes keep coming in at the Dragons as the club desperately attempts to find a winning culture.

I’m hearing the club is set to appoint two former Dragons players to their staff to help embattled coach Paul McGregor.

Former halfback Matt Head, a smart operator, is set to be promoted to coach feeder team Illawarra Cutters coach while former grand final hooker Wayne Collins will take on the key role of NYC coach, mentoring the club’s up and comers.

Collins has worked the last several seasons under Michael Maguire at Souths and was part of the Rabbitohs’ premiership winning staff a couple of seasons back.

The Lurker.
Won't matter , he will not listen to them anyway. The only change that needs to be made is the head coach ...... pronto

hazzbeen

Bench
Find a winning culture ??? They're kiddin right??
We had a coach in JD that was the only coach to win silverware, and had the players full respect, they actually wanted to play for him......so what do we do......let him leave.
Yep Mr Red its like they have made a deal with the NRL [ only my thought ] to self construct then leave no option but to be relocated or removed all together .... None of this makes any sense ....

PerthDragon

Juniors
Yep Mr Red its like they have made a deal with the NRL [ only my thought ] to self construct then leave no option but to be relocated or removed all together .... None of this makes any sense ....

Agree with you there Hazzbeen,
There certainly is something going on in the background to have our club run into the ground as is happening now. We might just be the next first grade team to share the NSW cup with Bears and Newtown, and most probably be a feeder club for ......the Sharks!!
Or the team that needs to be relocated for the NRL expansion??

PerthDragon

Juniors
Find a winning culture ??? They're kiddin right??
We had a coach in JD that was the only coach to win silverware, and had the players full respect, they actually wanted to play for him......so what do we do......let him leave.

Mr Red,
Yep JD was the one for the future but our club does not see the future because their heads are either up their arse of head down in the sand.

Don't be surprised if the guys put in and have a real dig for the start of the year (new signings trying to impress and new contracts up for grabs) and have a good run to start, then we end up with this impostor for a few years to come.

Not a good feel or smell from our head honchos who destroy (sorry run) our once mighty club.

Wouldn't the Dragons be the right "brand" to relocate to another state??
Interesting time ahead I fear. Gut feeling is not good on the way things are being handles throughout the whole club, and being in Perth I can only go by what you guys are putting forward who are a lot closer to the club and stench than me.

And just on that note:
Would like to thank you all who contribute and put forward posts and opinions.
Some wise men among you and some very passionate men for the club as well on here.

Thanks to all who make this forum really enjoyable.. No thanks though to the few "Lurkers" we have though who spin shit or big note themselves with the inside goss.

Oh and those bloody Widdop bashers haha.

It's the Coach you know. Never blame the tools, just the user who knows not how to use them correctly..

Gareth67

First Grade
Mr Red,
Yep JD was the one for the future but our club does not see the future because their heads are either up their arse of head down in the sand.

Don't be surprised if the guys put in and have a real dig for the start of the year (new signings trying to impress and new contracts up for grabs) and have a good run to start, then we end up with this impostor for a few years to come.

Not a good feel or smell from our head honchos who destroy (sorry run) our once mighty club.

Interesting time ahead I fear. Gut feeling is not good on the way things are being handles throughout the whole club, and being in Perth I can only go by what you guys are putting forward who are a lot closer to the club and stench than me.

And just on that note:
Some wise men among you and some very passionate men for the club as well on here.

Thanks to all who make this forum really enjoyable.. No thanks though to the few "Lurkers" we have though who spin shit or big note themselves with the inside goss.

It's the Coach you know. Never blame the tools, just the user who knows not how to use them correctly..

Well spoken , Perth Dragon . You covered all bases with that post .

As far as the tools are concerned , I believe that our Mary wasn't the intended user . He accidentally found the keys to the toolbox , and has since been trying to work out which tools are are for which job .

Dragonslayer

First Grade
Mr Red,

And just on that note:

I think the recruitment guys have been clever TBH. We have so many players coming off contract at the end of 2017, so for sure they're going to have a real dig so they can secure new contracts or at the very least attract the attention of other clubs.
As for relocation, no, I doubt very much if that will happen. Perth already has a RL team and are already playing in the SG Ball competition (Finished 2nd I believe) and looking for full inclusion to the NRL comp in 2019.

PerthDragon

Juniors
I think the recruitment guys have been clever TBH. We have so many players coming off contract at the end of 2017, so for sure they're going to have a real dig so they can secure new contracts or at the very least attract the attention of other clubs.
As for relocation, no, I doubt very much if that will happen. Perth already has a RL team and are already playing in the SG Ball competition (Finished 2nd I believe) and looking for full inclusion to the NRL comp in 2019.

Dragonslayer,
I didn't mean that they would end up in Perth as the Pirates are already running with the juniors etc.

I was more thinking that if a Sydney team has/was to be relocated that the way we are being run (into the ground) by management it would give the NRL some ammo.

I definitely want to be wrong...and most likely am, but gee it all does stink mate, with decisions that have been made and wrongfully made.so far these last 5 years (and more so the last 1-2 years) and letting go of the biggest threat to McImposter

Anyways, Go my beloved Dragons in 2017 but not too good to keep that goose in charge.

monsterkev

Juniors
Mr Red,

And just on that note:

Dragonslayer

First Grade
Dragonslayer,
I didn't mean that they would end up in Perth as the Pirates are already running with the juniors etc.

I was more thinking that if a Sydney team has/was to be relocated that the way we are being run (into the ground) by management it would give the NRL some ammo.

I definitely want to be wrong...and most likely am, but gee it all does stink mate, with decisions that have been made and wrongfully made.so far these last 5 years (and more so the last 1-2 years) and letting go of the biggest threat to McImposter

Anyways, Go my beloved Dragons in 2017 but not too good to keep that goose in charge.

Agree PerthDragon.
I would also add that the other big threat to the current Dragons is the Board. The obvious factional division is becoming so deep that decisions that we all know are wrong or contain so supporting substance are trumpeted as being Gospel. Wether we, the supporters, like it or not is not their concern, even to the point of belligerence and "you can all get f@#cked, but please sign up for membership".
So, at the moment we are damned if we support the club (in essence supporting McGregor and the Board) and damned if we don't (we are not true supporters).
Sad!

monsterkev

Juniors
I think saints are the club most likely to move to perth as they already have a strong supporter base there
And the amount of money being thrown around by the nrl to re-locate up to 20 mil is whats been mentioned
Saints would be debt free and doust will pocket the rest

Get2dachopper!

Juniors
I think saints are the club most likely to move to perth as they already have a strong supporter base there
And the amount of money being thrown around by the nrl to re-locate up to 20 mil is whats been mentioned
Saints would be debt free and doust will pocket the rest

Haven't we heard all this before, back in 1998 they dangled a 10 million dollar carrot in front of us. Now look where we have ended up? All the Sydney clubs that decided to go it alone are in a much better position financially, even poor cousins like sharks and Souths.
We either demerge and approach the NRL for a license, or the Dragons side of the merger buys the Illawarra side and asks the nrl for a discount on the loan. That's the only way out, I doubt that old codger Win will stump up the money

monsterkev

Juniors
Haven't we heard all this before, back in 1998 they dangled a 10 million dollar carrot in front of us. Now look where we have ended up? All the Sydney clubs that decided to go it alone are in a much better position financially, even poor cousins like sharks and Souths.
We either demerge and approach the NRL for a license, or the Dragons side of the merger buys the Illawarra side and asks the nrl for a discount on the loan. That's the only way out, I doubt that old codger Win will stump up the money