What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Changes For Next Season

Tiger05

First Grade
I think we need to reassess what went wrong this season and where we need to improve if we want to give the comp a shake next year. I don't think a major clean out is required.

On the positives Benji and Robbie are gun players and they both have the ability to win games for us. The problem with both of them though is consistency. They are both great but they come up with poor plays and games at various times throughout the year.

I also think we have a couple of real high quality players in Lawrence, Woods, Galloway and Fulton.

The number one issue that I think we have had this season is a lack of speed and line breaking ability in the outside backs and we need to fix that issue. We also need some consistency in key positions to allow players to figure out their roles. To add to that we need a pack of forwards that go forward, hit hard, defend well and can bust the line on occasions.

I'd play a forward pack something line this:-

13. Fulton
12. BMM
11. Blair
10. Woods
9. Farah
8. Galloway

With 4 forwards on the bench:-

14. Bell
15. Pettybourne
16. Moors
17. Heighington

I think ideally we need to buy a quality bench prop and Kite sounds good. I also think there is a lot of pressure on BMM to be an explosive backrower who can bust the line. Ideally we need another player like that on the bench. Moors can play that role from the bench but I'm unsure if they can both do it over the whole season.

As for the backs Id like to see something like this:-

1. Tedesco
2. Ryan
3. Lawrence
4. Nofoaluma
5. Koroibete
6. Anasta
7. Benji

I think that backline gives us better speed and line breaking ability than what we have had this season.

That leaves Ayshford, Utai, Moltzen and Sironen missing out. I figure over the course of the year there will be injuries and these guys will get their chances.

Last edited:

Matchball

Bench
Change the coach to start with and only then can we move forward.

Rest is null and void with senile running things.

hybrid_tiger

Coach
I'd be relatively happy with your side, but only under an entire new coaching staff, from top to bottom.

Unless this happens, nothing will change.

Pistol_Pete

Juniors
f**k sheens off
f**k skando off
f**k leeds off
f**k georgialis off

Get a new coach and let him appoint who he wants and tell every f**king player they are on notice

Then in front of the squad embarrass the lot of them by showing them that a 20yo playing in the toughest position in the game, earning 25% of what the big shots has embarrassed them with his effort, work rate and performance all f**king year

Then I'd muzzle the pricks to stop them talking shit to the media after every soft, insipid, piss weak, gutless display. Every f**king player would be on notice and I'd have the 20s watch the new coach rip into them and let the youngsters know that if they perform they will be selected ahead of alleged first graders who pump out 8 shit games out of 10 yet are deemed undroppable (see C. Heighington, B. Ayshford).

Any prick who doesn't run hard can f**k off and get belted down at Ringrose Park by blokes who want to take their heads off.

Bunch of soft playing, trash talking, flash harry, jersey shore wannabe, social page living, mug on TV f**king pricks.

Pistol_Pete

Juniors
And i'd ban the pricks from f**king twittering like pre pubescent schoolgirls. I don't give a f**k what you had for dinner or for your conversations with fakebrycegibbs. Play f**king football you f**king kharnts

The removal of Moltzen,Blair & Sheens would be a great start.

Unfortunately they will all be their next year dishing out the same lazy pea heart shit they have dished out this year

Tiger05

First Grade
I don't think changing the coach would guarantee success.

Sheens has problems with choosing the right team on a consistent basis however he does a lot of other things right such as game plans, bringing on juniors and creating a good culture ala the no dickheads policy.

I simply think that he is very loyal to the players and has problems making tough decisions quickly.

Some other coaches would make things worse.

In saying that if we don't pick up our performances he will have to go. I just wouldn't sack him until his contract was up.

Yep,our forwards need to harden the F##k up as they pose no fear or threat to any body and our backline needs pace.Without change also to our coaching i fear we will tread the usual path of disappointment in 2013.

Front-Rower

First Grade

Sheens has problems with choosing the right team on a consistent basis however he does a lot of other things right such as game plans, bringing on juniors and creating a good culture ala the no dickheads policy.

I simply think that he is very loyal to the players and has problems making tough decisions quickly.

In saying that if we don't pick up our performances he will have to go. I just wouldn't sack him until his contract was up.

See this is what I don't understand. You say he puts in place good gameplans but what actually is the gameplan? Has it changed any in the last 7 years? Forwards don't charge on to the ball in the hope for quick play the balls as there is no fighting in the tackle, short side play from the scrum everytime has worked, what, about 3 times since we first tried it in 2005, in this corresponding game actually. Tactical kicking and kick chase, have we ever employed it since Prince left? Our kick chase is abysmally lazy and staggered.

When the gameplan goes out the window and we actually see the forwards charge and we run 2 or 3 straight runners we look unstoppable but as soon as it starts it stops.

Say what you like about Folkes but at least he made these blokes dig in and play for each other, keep going for 80 minutes. He had them fit, extremely fit.

And what's the go with the compressed defence? Our wingers constantly mark the opposition centres even on our try line.

gronkathon

First Grade
Bring in Daniel Anderson, promote Fletcher to his assistant and f**k every other prick off including Payten. The longer the season has gone on , the more he has listened to Sheens and the more shit the NYC side has become

Tiger05

First Grade
See this is what I don't understand. You say he puts in place good gameplans but what actually is the gameplan? Has it changed any in the last 7 years? Forwards don't charge on to the ball in the hope for quick play the balls as there is no fighting in the tackle, short side play from the scrum everytime has worked, what, about 3 times since we first tried it in 2005, in this corresponding game actually. Tactical kicking and kick chase, have we ever employed it since Prince left? Our kick chase is abysmally lazy and staggered.

You make some fair points but we have seen Sheens win us the comp by getting the players to run the footy. It worked great.

When the gameplan goes out the window and we actually see the forwards charge and we run 2 or 3 straight runners we look unstoppable but as soon as it starts it stops.

I don't see this. I think Sheens would tell the players to hit the ball up hard.

Say what you like about Folkes but at least he made these blokes dig in and play for each other, keep going for 80 minutes. He had them fit, extremely fit.

Folkes might have had them fit but it is a massive stretch to give him any more credit than that. It is also a big step up to a first grade coaching role.

And what's the go with the compressed defence? Our wingers constantly mark the opposition centres even on our try line.

It is probably a tactic that works a fair bit.

gronkathon

First Grade
Our forwards never have any run up onto the ball, it is always flat at the line. THIS is coached.

He took us to a premiership with that style, yes and we are all gratefull. But that is almost a f**king decade ago. Smart coaches have adapted and trained larger players to cover this gameplan and still dominate the centre of teams, Sheens has not

innsaneink

Referee

Nothing guarantees success :roll:
Hard work goes a long way towards it, making hard calls, dropping players...
His times up.
Everyone has a shelf life.
When he first came, it was a five year plan.
We got there two years early.
Now Sheens sympathisers wants his replacement to bring instant success or stick with Sheens....it dont work like that...it never does....GET IT THRU YOUR THICK HEAD

1. Sheens
2. Humphreys
3. Assistant coach(s)
All should go.

Surely Payten is learning something !!! Like what not to do.

I'd go with Folkes, a year away so he cannot be taken as a Sheens team member. Maybe Anderson as his assistant or even Jason Taylor. Have to remember that when a coach is sacked a replacement usually fails it is the next coach that turns things around.

Tigers Tale

Juniors
In early January I posted this;

While we are waiting for the new season to start I thought I'd open up a new thread to get views on who will be the big movers this season (Wests Tigers excluded).

My feeling is this year the Bulldogs will come good. Maybe not good enough to win but I think this year they will be solid and a real test for most clubs. I think the Hassler factor will be good for them as he seems to get the best out of his teams. Certainly in their first year under him.

I think the other factor will be James Graham. They lacked a bit of go forward last year and I think this guy will make up for that. Also think Ben Barba is a freak at sniffing out a try.

I am not rehashing it because it has turned out to be the case but more because this is what we need to do next year....get a new coach, some real go forward (not this crap we have been doing) and a true match winning back. Sadly Benji is no longer that person.

I am no expert but I can tell you I have been around this game long enough to know Sheens is stale of ideas with this team and they are no longer responding to him. He must go!!!

Latest posts