What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Channel 7 wins TV rights

titoelcolombiano

First Grade
http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...n/news-story/4f7a69ed64a30e924e62bc477e493e30

GAMBLE PAYS OFF

Channel 7’s ratings look good for the World Cup — and so they should. The network paid $12 million for the rights to beat Channel 9’s offer of $10 million.

The way 7 is treating the game and the tournament I would have been happy with $1M less than what 9 offered just because of the goodwill they are creating alone. I am so pleasantly surprised, as RL fans we have gotten used to negative coverage of the game in the press and this is just so different, so much better and how I want the game covered always from now on.

Hello, I'm The Doctor

First Grade
The way 7 is treating the game and the tournament I would have been happy with $1M less than what 9 offered just because of the goodwill they are creating alone. I am so pleasantly surprised, as RL fans we have gotten used to negative coverage of the game in the press and this is just so different, so much better and how I want the game covered always from now on.

Yeh, we harp on about how bad the Newspaper coverage is, but for me the negativity is most damaging when it comes from 9...

NewsLtd might be negative, but it is still exciting. 9s commentary just makes the games depressing and dull.

If we dont get away from 9 soon, i reckon they will be the downfall of the NRL.

LeagueXIII

First Grade

I also noticed that Wilson, whilst not everyones cup of tea, keeps it fairly serious debate unlike nine that degenerates into boofhead jokes from the dopes on the panel.

hutch

First Grade
I also noticed that Wilson, whilst not everyones cup of tea, keeps it fairly serious debate unlike nine that degenerates into boofhead jokes from the dopes on the panel.
I’ve never been a fan of him but he has been all class for this tournament. The same in 2013, very enthusiastic and nothing negative.

Irish-bulldog

Juniors
I can picture the former players who are now with 9 just taking the piss out of this tournament and looking down on it, just making jokes flat out. Very glad 9 don't have it.

Reactions: Vee

Perth Tiger

Bench
I am going to miss a few of the games live this weekend. Does anyone know where I can watch replays of the games? Are they on an app?

King hit

Coach
The commentary on 7 is much better. I thought Andrew Ryan was good and offered some insight. Completely leaves Lockyer and Lewis for dead. Morely was also ok but doesn't have the voice for commentary.

Perth Tiger

Bench
Is that only live though?

I want to stream a replay of the games when I get back home and was wondering if I can stream a replay but I cant seem to find them anywhere

King Ben

Juniors
Jim is a mate of mine, and is a sports nut. Just loves it. Has been looking forward to this WC for a long time. And even though I'm biased, he's been doing a great job so far.

Latest posts