What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Channel 9 disgrace

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
I reckon the NRL went with Nine because of the money and to get rid of the first-and-last rights thingy.

They sold the fans out to look after the players and the game's future. Hopefully next time they will be able to give the fans more of what they want.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
they'll always go with the biggest $s

True but by the time the next deal comes around they will be able to charge fans to broadcast games straight to our eyes.

It'll net the NRL more money and cost us fans less than Foxtel. But certainly be more expensive than FTA TV.

You get what you pay for but.

Haynzy

First Grade
It's kind of already working.
I've now got Digital Pass (free for four weeks with my Eels membership and then $1.95 per week after that.)

I'd still rather watch it on my TV though without having to buy shit I don't really need.

Haynzy

First Grade
You get it off NRL.com.

All games streamed plus press conferences and probably other crap.

Haynzy

First Grade
If you've got Apple TV.
If I had the money I would get it and give up complaining but TV isn't so important to me that I'll pay $100 for something I'll use maybe 50 times a year.

Y2Eel

First Grade
The screen resolution is only good for phones or tablets will be crap on a large tv...

spiderdan

Bench
With all the merkins illegally downloading all the shows they watch some merkin has to pay for it.
the cost would be the same regardless of people downloading seeing as fox has a virtual monopoly on pay tv services.

People wil d/l shows that are on fta tv, despite the show costing them nothing, because they want to see them when they come out, not weeks/months later. They also play shows at crap times or move time slots around which irks people. The tv networks put themselves in a position that leads people to d/l. I have met plenty of people that won't d/l shows that are played here within a few days of their original airing.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
If no merkin pays, the shows don't get made at all.

The creation of these shows are funded by investors. If there's insufficient return on their investment why would they stump up the cash in the first place?

Haynzy

First Grade
What difference does it make to NRL games being shown in Adelaide.
It doesn't cost them anymore and surely reruns of Customs and Heartbreak Ridge don't bring in more advertising dollars.

Maybe the AFL is paying them extra to not show it here.

At least I could watch the Sixers win the basketball while watching the NRL on my iPad.

Latest posts