What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Channel 9 disgrace

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
You can't watch NYC or reserve grade live. They don't even have NYC highlights because Fox owns the footage.

It's f**ken bullshit!

forward pass

Coach
The thing that really bugs me about both Fox and Nine coverage is the lack of replays of tries when the video ref is used.

They will show the contentious incident 20 times, and then when the TRY is awarded, they don't bother to show the whole lead up again. When Semi scored on Friday, they only replayed the try once. It was terrible.

PARRA_FAN

Coach
The thing that annoyed me the other night was how come in the 2nd game they dont show the team cards to NSW viewers?

If you werent getting updates on computers or Facebook, you wouldnt have known Moi Moi was ruled out until about 5 minutes into the game.

PARRA_FAN

Coach
The thing that really bugs me about both Fox and Nine coverage is the lack of replays of tries when the video ref is used.

They will show the contentious incident 20 times, and then when the TRY is awarded, they don't bother to show the whole lead up again. When Semi scored on Friday, they only replayed the try once. It was terrible.

Ch 9 are too busy showing commericials and plugging new TV shows.

Fox are showing replays but in that small box.

I know they got the idea from FOX Footy, but in the AFL they show the replays in the main screen and have the live footage in the small box.

Gareth Keenan

Juniors

They show you what the video ref is looking at - its the same footage. A lot of viewers like it. There isn't a whole lot of time around it to show multiple replays.

B-Tron 3000

Juniors
If it wasn't suiting Channel 9's financial objectives they wouldn't be doing it. They're confident that their overall ratings a lot stronger with the scheduling they use.....they won't stop doing unless people stop watching it.

I never watch the second game on Friday if Parra aren't playing. It's a disgrace.

I've even started watching the Sunday game on Foxgo at 6:30 or whenever. Nine's abysmal coverage is such a turn-off, with biased ex-players offering no insight whatsoever and morons like Hadley who take more time making (poor) jokes about the islanders instead of learning which one is which.

The Sydney commentary team is not much better.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
You definitely failed geography Suity

Maroubra is no where near Hay

Eels Dude

Coach
The thing that annoyed me the other night was how come in the 2nd game they dont show the team cards to NSW viewers?

If you werent getting updates on computers or Facebook, you wouldnt have known Moi Moi was ruled out until about 5 minutes into the game.

They do run the names on the bottom of the screen while showing the dressing sheds, but it's really blink if you miss it which is annoying.

PARRA_FAN

Coach
They do run the names on the bottom of the screen while showing the dressing sheds, but it's really blink if you miss it which is annoying.

Yes Im sure QLD viewers were able to see the teams, but NSW viewers didnt see the teams.

And they used to do that all the time for the 2nd game.

Also Sunday's match on 9, I dont think the Tigers bench was shown which was the same problem in our Round 26 match (im pretty sure was Kenny Edwards' debut)

Fox Sports coverage is about 100x better, they tell you the changes and teams at least twice before kick off.

spiderdan

Bench
http://leagueunlimited.com/news/infographic-2014-nrl-crowds-and-tv

big surprise the ch9 ratings suck, according to this infographic.

i'd be interested in seeing the ratings for nrl televised games for the whole year compared to the previous few years across all time slots. i'd be willing to bet that not only have they fallen, but the two fta delayed games are pitiful.

well played ch9 for screwing up what should be one of the better tv sports products available. can't believe it's the only major winter code that gets archaic coverage. pretty sure even netball gets an hd broadcast on fta tv.

The Problem with the Channel 9 system is that they are playing to two different demographics and indeed two separate arms of the 9 network.

The Brisbane station kicks in money and pays for the live coverage into Brisbane (and IMPARJA Satellite so NT, Adelaide and most of central Australia, norfolk island and even PNG)

That game rates it socks of in Brisbane at 7:30 always has always will.

The problem for Sydney people is that we would like to see it live as well. I guess the only way that is going to happen is if you put your own satellite dish up and get IMPARJA.

Kinda like what we in Sydney used to have to do to watch the cricket all year even the Sydney games that only showed the opening of play of the full day if it was a sell out. Get an Antenna that got WIN TV.

I was in Adelaide last year during the Footy Season and was at a Leagues club down there, they were watching the Sydney game on GEM and the Brisbane game on IMPARJA live on two different TV's.

Latest posts