What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Channel 9 doing more for AFL than NRL

El Diablo

Post Whore
I find what's happening on 9HD ridiculous.

but hardly surprising seeing 9 do f**k all for League despite holding the rights

have 9 even advertised the Test?

i can't seem to recall seeing many promos saying they had it on when i watched some of their shows. i've seen Ten avertise their poofball game on tomorrow though

lotti

Bench
but hardly surprising seeing 9 do f**k all for League despite holding the rights

have 9 even advertised the Test?

i can't seem to recall seeing many promos saying they had it on when i watched some of their shows. i've seen Ten avertise their poofball game on tomorrow though
they did down here during the NRL Footy Show.

El Diablo

Post Whore
advertising Rugby League during Rugby League at midnight in Victoria shows how little 9 care

hgfds

Juniors
Test coverage was advertised on afl footy show ,storm players where named,also live in adelaide

greenhat

Juniors
I think another bad thing channel 9 are doing for RL is keeping Rabs on commentary. He once was great, hes a legend of the game, but its getting well past his retirement date. The test last night was painful to listen to.
Some sets I don't think he called a single play, cause he was too busy droning on about something unnecessary that he could have said in a single sentence. He sounded like he was barely even interested in the game.
I'm a rugby league fan and I was struggling to listen to his gibbering. Imagine the impression he would have made on any Victorian or South Australian tuning into RL for the first time.

El Diablo

Post Whore
saw a promo for this story this morning showing kids saying "we love AFL" or some crap. 60 minutes has done quite a few fluff pieces on AFL over the years. even one on a bloke who'd done time behind bars for rape and drug charges. see here

looks like 9 doing another AFL free promo job

http://www.ebroadcast.com.au/enews/nine/THIS-SUNDAY-ON-60-MINUTES-230508.html

Turf War
It's war! The Titans of Australian sport are at it hammer and tongs - fighting for new territory, new fans. The first shots were fired by the AFL when the Swans invaded Sydney. Then rugby league retaliated, sending the Storm troopers into Melbourne. Mere skirmishes. Now it's getting serious. Aussie Rules has its sights on the rugby league heartland, launching new teams in western Sydney and on the Gold Coast. And the stakes are astronomical with millions and millions of dollars in revenue up for grabs. So, stand by for the mother of all battles for the hearts, minds and pockets of Australian footy fans.
i wonder when the NRL rights holders will startshowing the NRL Footy Show on 9HD in AFL states?

my prediction is never. they only want to promote the code they don't show

El Diablo

Post Whore
the previews for the story shown on TV definately make it look like it will be in the AFL's favour

hardly surprising for 9 who go out of their way to promote a game shown on 7 and 10 yet do nothing for League shown on their own network

Brutus

Referee
What a joke.

I would love the NRL to give Ch 9 the arse next TV deal, but it won't happen.

lotti

Bench
the previews for the story shown on TV definately make it look like it will be in the AFL's favour

hardly surprising for 9 who go out of their way to promote a game shown on 7 and 10 yet do nothing for League shown on their own network
the reason for that is called Eddie, the AFL footy show is still on 9 and yet they don't have the tv rights to the game anymore.

El Diablo

Post Whore
9 has more AFL shows than NRL shows. they also show their AFL shows on 9HD in Sydney and Brisbane

eg: last night you could watch the AFL Footy Show at 9:30pm on 9HD in Sydney and Brisbane

9 also show Footy Classifieds on 9HD in Sydney and Brisbane

now i wouldn't have a problem with that if they showed the NRL Footy Show on 9HD in AFL states

9 can't show an NRL version of Footy Classifieds because there isn't one. 9 prefer to promote sports shown by rival networks

Gallop says nothing

lotti

Bench
I would love for that to be the case with the NRL one then well I wouldn't have wait until after nightline and they should also show the NRL games down here on 9HD as well but no they probably don't.

Chapsta

Juniors
There's no war ffs, channel nines 60-minutes segment will only work in the AFL's favour.

What i meant by this is that the AFL seeks media coverage, be it good or bad, "any news is good news" for the AFL. Searle only justifies the AFL's expansion ambitions by making reactionary comments.

Chapsta

Juniors
I saw the ad, i saw Searle. Ofcourse 60-minutes will interview him, they know he will give them the story they want.