What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Channel 9 doing more for AFL than NRL

El Diablo

Post Whore
hopefully it won't be all AFL propaganda then. i just hope they don't edit Searle's comments and pick and chose bits that will make AFL look good

taipan

Referee
This 60 minutes story on the AFL attacking rls heartland tomorrow night,is the best unpaid Afl propaganda they can get.
The station (ch 9) which holds the rugby league contract,appears to be hellbent on giving AFL a leg up.It would be like a Coca Cola marketing conference,showing the merits of Pepsi.
This same rugby league station LOL,still does not show NRL games on Friday evening at 11-00pm latest in Melbourne ,as required by their contract.
Will ch9 be showing a segment on former junior AFL players who are giving rugby league a go playing for the Altona Roosters in Melbourne?
The opportunity to write or e-mail them appears at the end of the show.Let us rip into them.I certainly will.

lotti

Bench
well sometimes there is truth to what Eddie has to say, the only time I've been close to him(AFI red carpet) I asked him how he thought Collingwood would go this year and looks like his biased opinion was on the money.

El Diablo

Post Whore
surprise surprise from the merkins at 9. and i wouldn't be surprised if the arseholes show this in Sydney and Brisbane despite not having the AFL rights while they refuse to show League in Melboune

http://www.ebroadcast.com.au/enews/nine/NINE-S-2008-GRAND-FINAL-BREAKFAST-190908.html

NINE'S 2008 GRAND FINAL BREAKFAST
Posted in: Nine Network
By Nine Network
Sep 19, 2008 - 11:32:47 AM

Nine’s 2008 Grand Final Breakfast
Saturday, September 27 at 9.00am
on Channel Nine

The entire country comes together on the last Saturday in September to celebrate one of the biggest days in sport, the AFL Grand Final, and it starts early with Nine’s coverage of the Grand Final Breakfast, hosted by Tony Jones, live from Melbourne’s Crown Palladium at 9.00am on Saturday, September 27.

The hosts of The Footy Show and Sunday Footy Show will assemble with some of the most respected names in football to share their thoughts on who will win the coveted 2008 premiership and why.

To make sure you’re in the know for Grand Final day, tune in to Nine’s coverage of the Grand Final Breakfast for all the inside information, tips and breaking news from Garry Lyon, James Brayshaw, Sam Newman, Billy Brownless, Brian Taylor, Danny Frawley, Dermott Brereton, Mark Bickley and Glenn Archer.

The biggest names in the game will be joined by some of the current superstars of the competition including Brendan Fevola, Dale Thomas, Nathan Brown and Matthew Lloyd.

Also on hand to entertain and inform in the lead-up to the first bounce will be Australia’s funniest musical comedy duo, Scared Weird Little Guys, who will enlighten viewers with their unique spin on all things AFL. And back by popular demand is UK funnyman Stephen K. Amos.

There will be plenty of entertainment throughout the morning, including Daryl Braithwaite who will perform his cult hit and perennial crowd favourite, Horses, and young Melbourne singer Michael Paynter who will sing his hit single, Closer.

Melbourne footballer-turned-singer Russell Robertson will belt out his new single, Jessie’s Girl, as well as one of everybody’s favourite footy anthems, One Day in September.

It’s a star-studded line-up and the perfect way to fire up your Grand Final day – jam-packed with the biggest names in football, plus special guests aplenty to keep you entertained.

Nine’s 2008 Grand Final Breakfast is sponsored by the
Carlton Draught Plastic Cup Race
Saturday, September 27 from 9am on Channel Nine

sting

Bench
Can anyone explain to me why this afl show is currently on 9hd? i thought it was bad enough that they have the footy show but this sh*t as well?

Hanscholo

Bench
Nein do whatever makes the most money. If they think they can squeeze an extra $10 out of showing 5 minutes of NRL ever hour they would. They are the worst company to have any sporting rights. I cant wait to see their hatchett job on the olympics, with 7's 45 min per hour of slow motion crap set to music as their standard we will be lucky to get a replay of the finals at 4am, heavily edited and set to music cut with 35 interviews. Anything to not pay the host broadcaster any money.

El Diablo

Post Whore
http://www.ebroadcast.com.au/enews/nine/TODAY-BROADCASTS-LIVE-FROM-GEELONG-220908.html

TODAY BROADCASTS LIVE FROM GEELONG
Posted in: Nine Network
By Nine Network
Sep 22, 2008 - 4:16:54 PM

Friday, September 26 from 5.30am to 9.00am

TODAY is celebrating the AFL Grand Final by broadcasting live from the turf of the reigning premiers, the Geelong Cats, this Friday, September 26, from 5.30am.

Locals are encouraged to come down to the Steampacket Gardens to meet the TODAY team including Karl Stefanovic, Lisa Wilkinson, Cameron Williams, Georgie Gardner, Richard Wilkins, Richard Reid and Steve Jacobs.

In addition to TODAY’S news, sport, weather and finance from 5.30am there will be special guests throughout the morning, including singer-songwriter Pete Murray who will perform live with two songs from his new album.

Getaway host Catriona Rowntree will be on the show to tell how she has settled into life in Geelong since marrying her long-time boyfriend, Geelong grazier James Pettit, in April.

After the Cats’ ended their 44-year premiership drought last year, Geelong will again get right behind their hometown heroes, with TODAY bringing viewers all the atmosphere and action from the heart of the city on the day before the Grand Final.
Gossip guru Richard Reid will have his finger firmly on the pulse of all the latest celebrity news as he reports live from Geelong.
And there will be a $500 cash prize for the best TODAY-branded sign on the morning.

TODAY continues to win the ratings in Melbourne with an average audience of 86,700 viewers year-to-date ahead of 77,800 viewers for Sunrise. TODAY is also up 6.6 per cent year-on-year compared to Sunrise which is down 5.9 per cent year-on-year *Source: OzTAM Weeks 7-38 excluding Easter and Olympic dates.

TODAY – broadcasting LIVE from Geelong
Friday, September 26 from 5.30am to 9.00am

what are the odds 9 won't do the same for one of the teams in the NRL GF?

SaveTheChildren

Juniors
because 9 are a bunch of wankers who only care about promoting AFL http://forums.leagueunlimited.com/showthread.php?p=3165202#post3165202

No. Nine is business that wants to make money. Victorians don't dig rugby league. It is painfully simple. Channel nine is not a rugby league charity. They simply understand that showing rugby league does not mean people will watch it.

Why you find this so confusing is beyond me. If I tried to force AFL on you would you appreciate it? Do you know what empathy is?

El Diablo

Post Whore
wtf are you on about?

no one said for foce it on anyone

9 just spend more time promoting AFL and have even got more dedicated shows about it. reaad Crawley's piss poor excuse for having no NRL version of Footy Classifieds

and 9 try to force their AFL shows on Sydney in Brisbane

SaveTheChildren

Juniors
wtf are you on about?

no one said for foce it on anyone

9 just spend more time promoting AFL and have even got more dedicated shows about it. reaad Crawley's piss poor excuse for having no NRL version of Footy Classifieds

and 9 try to force their AFL shows on Sydney in Brisbane

The consensus on here seems to be that we should be foisting league on Melbourne. Why? We have league, they have AFL. They don't want to watch it. I fully understand their point of view. I don't want to watch AFL.
Blaming Gallop for Melbourne's disinterest in rugby league is bizarre. I am talking about others in this respect.

Nine can't afford to be showing league in prime time. Look at how quickly a network axes shows that don't rate.

I don't know about Brisbane, but the AFL show is shown very late in Sydney. I rarely watch our footy show now. I want to listen to football not crap. Ironically, I actually watch the AFL footy show 2-3 times a season. Why? They are able to cross the boundary between entertainment and football that our low brow footy show cannot.

I've never said B or C.

They're the product of an underdeveloped mind.

Like yours.

Seriously, you actually do have something to offer this forum, something that will make the forum and your good self better in many ways.

That thing is; your absence.

We're full up of pretend fans and you're not very good at pretending.

SaveTheChildren

Juniors
I've never said B or C.

They're the product of an underdeveloped mind.

Like yours.

Seriously, you actually do have something to offer this forum, something that will make the forum and your good self better in many ways.

That thing is; your absence.

We're full up of pretend fans and you're not very good at pretending.

Your answers are indistinguishable. Why do you bother?

The fact you think that you are funny is truly sad.

Latest posts