What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Channel 9 Footy Show 2011 - New Year - New Ad - Same Crap

some11

Referee
As much as I myself would love to see him back (I would much prefer him there than Beau Ryan or Craig Shackleton), I don't think he will ever come back after the way he was left to hung out and dry by Ch9.

Blame the ABC dragging up some s!uts story from 7 years ago (at the time) for ruining his career, that whole thing made my blood boil.

Last edited:

Engine

Juniors
I've noticed recently that "The Footy Show" is not shy with referring to Matthew Johns lately.
Even though he is still on contract with channel seven, I have a sniff that something is in the works to get him back onto nine. I'll make a bold prediction that Matthew Johns will return to the footy show in 2012. You've heard it here first.

gUt

Coach
That should ratchet up the quality by at least 6%, bringing it to a healthy 23% quality show.

andrew057

First Grade
Way to go scoop. Its been mentioned numerous times on the footy show that his departure was regrettable and thats theres every chance he could return in the future.

undertaker

Coach
I've noticed recently that "The Footy Show" is not shy with referring to Matthew Johns lately.
Even though he is still on contract with channel seven, I have a sniff that something is in the works to get him back onto nine. I'll make a bold prediction that Matthew Johns will return to the footy show in 2012. You've heard it here first.

They're also not shy with referring to Paul Harragon recently as well. By your logic, does that mean the Chief will also be back next year as well?:lol:

timka4

Bench
Blame the ABC dragging up some s!uts story from 7 years ago (at the time) for ruining his career, that whole thing made my blood boil.
Felt the same, one f**king whore caused so much commotion, and made his life hell for 6 months. Some family issues may still even be occurring behind the scenes. He did not deserve that

Eels Dude

Coach
That's great news. The show needs more people trying to be funny and more joke segments as opposed to those interested in serious footy talk :crazy:

undertaker

Coach

I agree with you regarding the ABC. I was watching "50 years of 4 Corners" recently and when the Matty Johns story came up and I saw Sarah Ferguson's face (the reporter), I cringed. Talk about dishing it out but not taking it (and furthermore, dishing out utter crap for a so-called "fair and balanced" tv station). To think that she was so cowardly not to answer any questions nor accept the invite of The Footy Show the week after says much about the vermin that is ABC.

But regarding Ch9, what Tracy Grimshaw did with her pro-feminist spin in that ACA interview with Johns left a lot to be desired.

JamesBrandy

Juniors
I hope they do get him back. I think Beau Ryan is getting less and less funny all the time.
Apart from his 'black market cupcake dealing'. HAHA!

But his financial thing last night was crap.

Pierced Soul

First Grade
the missus pointed out the johns thing too. havent seen hide nor hair of him on the footyshow till recently....

beau's still funny, just needs help with what he does cos there's too much filler lol@him thanking the judge for letting benji off

Latest posts