What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Channel 9 Footy Show 2011 - New Year - New Ad - Same Crap

nqcowboy87

Bench
i think its for the better, he talks about himself way too much like hes gods gift to everyone, i feel sorry for tara

HowHigh

Coach
Dell was funny and would have been a good guest every few weeks, but being on there every week it was pretty clear people were going to get sick of him.

undertaker

Coach
i must say theres nothing quite like blocker in drag

There used to be two clips on YouTube (which aren't there, because I tried to find it and couldn't). The first one was that famous Kelloggs Special K anti-ad from '95 with Blocker (too bad they didn't play this on the 500th show), and then Boltz Hadley had to console Blocker who looked visibly embarrassed.

There was also another from a "60 seconds with Sterlo" segment in '97 with Boy George and towards the end of the interview, Sterlo asked for some fashion advice and then they played the clip of Blocker in the Kelloggs Special K anti-ad.:lol::lol: Boy George laughed his guts off. Needless to say that after that segment, when they crossed back to the studio, Blocker looked very angry towards Fatty. A vastly different reaction this time around from Block. Dunno why.

Last edited:

Big Pete

Referee
Wally's displayed more personality in one segment than he has in his entire career as an anchor or commentator.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
He was that big to start with that it probably won't start being terribly noticeable for a while yet. That said, put a photo of him from this time last year and now beside each other and you'd probably notice the difference.

gUt

Coach
The Shackelton thing is funny when it's his own jokes. It ceases to be funny when the Channel 9 comedy department gets involved and decides that Fui Fui should have the piss taken out of him for swimming in a kiddies pool, oh and lets do a fart joke too. The joke is a non-sequitur and takes away from the skit. /rant

timka4

Bench
lol i liked the Fui segment the first time, but I hope it doesn't become a regular thing and get old / repetitive

Latest posts