What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Channel 9 Footy Show 2011 - New Year - New Ad - Same Crap

Pierced Soul

First Grade
I would dust that Lauren Eagle though............. just sayin.

get in line....

you know why its on? cos it rates. not saying it should rate but it does. stuff you may ahve missed is the best part, i watch most of it cos i love those little gems of gold you find amongst all the other shit...jhow else would i know ryan has to kiss his gf's bum every knight, daly wets the bed, or see what an awesome photographer freddy is.

i'd actually like an hour show where freddy and joey get to talk about whatever they want. would be quite amusing - not in an intentionally funny way

Saints fan

Juniors
I have only started watching it this year and think it seems pretty dull already. Why they interviewed Cherry-Evans again when they interviewed him 5-6 weeks back is beyond me. Same with Matt Ballin a couple weeks ago.
In contrast, I watch the AFL version on youtube (traitor, I know) and it seems a heck of a lot more funnier and professional than the NRL version.
Just my thoughts.

Ronnie Dobbs

Coach
Here's how they can make The Footy Show better:

- Darryl Brohman is a big guy. Why doesn't anyone crack jokes about his weight?
- Get Mario on more- they should take the piss out of him and do this HILARIOUS editing trick I saw where they make your head look really big! Not just that, but they should pour stuff on Mario from a great height. Maybe flour or something?
- Don't know if anybody here has ever seen Fatty do his head-wobble, but it is SO funny when he does it! He also says "Gone!" in a hilarious, drawn out way. Get him to do both more often!

Oh wait a minute...

I like the fresh cut of your jib dawg.

I'm going to watch it next week for the first time in 7 years to see if they can do these new tricks.

Ronnie Dobbs

Coach
The show needs something fresh.

Wait I know.

It needs a rapidly ageing Centrelink fraud to bust out Return of the Mack in a live cross to Lake Munmorah Bowlo.

You really need to replace Tony Chalmers gronk.

That would be all time. Give the show some real legit cred on da streets of Lake Munmorah and Tamworth.

Steel Dragon

Bench
Barefoot Rugby League seems to have a budget of $10 but it still makes the Footy Show look amateur. Watched all 2 hours of Barefoot but 20 minutes is all I lasted with TFS

I love love love it!!!

Intelligent discussions, guests that talk about footy - not some "funny" b.s.
Peach's segments are great, highlighting fans, Country RL, Indigenous RL, disabled RL and so on.

Ryan James was pretty good last night, and I really enjoyed the focus on Fiji RL as well.

Kudos Barefoot team!

The Footy Show is just a lame-ass "variety" show run by incompetent former footy players. Nothing more.

Paullyboy

Coach
I have only started watching it this year and think it seems pretty dull already. Why they interviewed Cherry-Evans again when they interviewed him 5-6 weeks back is beyond me. Same with Matt Ballin a couple weeks ago.

I saw the ad last night and had the exact same thought. It's impossible to have any form of NRL show without either Cherry-Evans, Ballin or Foran being "interviewed" it seems (read: the panel members just wank off about how good they are)

Well at least they're aware of Brohman and his fat jokes. They had a mock celebration last night congratulating him on his thousandth fat joke. He really does have nothing else.

I thought the perfect partners segment with Cherry Evans was pretty good, seems like a decent bloke who doesnt mind the piss being taken outta him

Sam Thaiday is def punching above his weight

MSIH

Bench
I saw the ad last night and had the exact same thought. It's impossible to have any form of NRL show without either Cherry-Evans, Ballin or Foran being "interviewed" it seems (read: the panel members just wank off about how good they are)

Haha, apparently Cherry Evans is co-hosting next week. You'll have to tune it.

Roger8

Juniors
Had anyone been on the show recently? I called up today for tickets for this Thursday but never been in a live studio audience. I heard it's not filmed live. What else happens on the night in terms of getting to the studio, seating and after the show.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Filmed two hours ahead of time, but filmed "as live" if that makes sense, so there aren't huge breaks between ads or anything.

Basically, find a park on the streets around the studio, seating is a free-for-all I believe, and after the show they normally give you a free copy of RLW and send you on your way, sometimes some Nissan promotional stuff (stickers etc).

Remember to turn phones off or leave them in your car, and don't take cameras in either.

gronkathon

First Grade
Really much prefer the League Lounge format.

Interesting as well comparing how stilted and awkward the Footy Show was bringing in a female panelist and it was touted as a big deal whereas Renee Gartner seems to blend in effortlessley to the conversation.

That and any show that has Brandy cracking fisting jokes is ok by me

Paullyboy

Coach
I'm so dirty that the League Lounge isn't on free to air, based on the ads that seems like the only show that I'd like. I don't care about serious discussion, as I said before, most of the people offer nothing other than mindless cliche's

Roger8

Juniors
Filmed two hours ahead of time, but filmed "as live" if that makes sense, so there aren't huge breaks between ads or anything.

Basically, find a park on the streets around the studio, seating is a free-for-all I believe, and after the show they normally give you a free copy of RLW and send you on your way, sometimes some Nissan promotional stuff (stickers etc).

Remember to turn phones off or leave them in your car, and don't take cameras in either.

Cheers for the reply. Do the audience get to meet up with the hosts at all?

HowHigh

Coach
Don't think I've watched a single episode of the footy show this year (that I can recall anyway)
Thursday nights seem to be a bit funnier now

Latest posts