What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Channel 9 not keen on going live for Melbourne Storm's blockbusters or any NRL finals

Should 9 be sold the rights to Rugby League again?

• Yes

Votes: 7 5.3%
  • No

Votes: 124 94.7%

• Total voters

Billythekid

First Grade
I understood them doing it in the past because they were desperate to sign the AFL. Now that they have missed out why would they keep sucking up to the AFL?

They have a superior rating sport on their network which is on the rise but they continue to chase the AFL. It defies logic.

No wonder channel 7 are owning channel 9 so bad this year.

juro

Bench
It defies logic because it is a decision based on emotions. Channel 9 Melbourne abhore NRL and they will do anything they can to drag it down.

They need more vulcans!!

afinalsin666

First Grade
Just had a brainwave, you know all the BS WWoS and Channel 9 were dragging out about the rugby being "of national significance" and that's why they showed it on GEM, we need to launch another blitzkrieg in the lead up to Aus v Nz test in Newcastle.
It checks all the right boxes, though what are the odds of Nine showing it in Melbourne? I reckon it's at about 1.05. What is Nine Melbournes strike rate when it comes to International Rugby League?

big_matt

Juniors
Unless the NRL have clear components in the new contract negotiations that indicate that the winner supports the game in regions outside NSW and QLD then they are as much to blame as 9 imo. In fact in all the campaigning the Storm and their fans have done over this I haven't seen Gallop even make a comment on games being shown in Melb. He just doesn't get it.

MsStorm

Bench
Unless the NRL have clear components in the new contract negotiations that indicate that the winner supports the game in regions outside NSW and QLD then they are as much to blame as 9 imo. In fact in all the campaigning the Storm and their fans have done over this I haven't seen Gallop even make a comment on games being shown in Melb. He just doesn't get it.

He'll get it when he comes to Melb for our 1st final:lol:

Brutus

Referee
Just had a brainwave, you know all the BS WWoS and Channel 9 were dragging out about the rugby being "of national significance" and that's why they showed it on GEM, we need to launch another blitzkrieg in the lead up to Aus v Nz test in Newcastle.
It checks all the right boxes, though what are the odds of Nine showing it in Melbourne? I reckon it's at about 1.05. What is Nine Melbournes strike rate when it comes to International Rugby League?

Good call.

docbrown

Coach
I say the Storm fans in Melbourne should make as many "CHANNEL NINE SUCKS" placards as possible so that they're all over the ground for their semi final.

Keep that up for as long as it takes.

This Year?

Immortal
Disgraceful. You'd think out of 3 channels they'd be able to give the Storm some decent exposure. Maybe one of their players is plowing Eddie's missus.

Disgraceful. You'd think out of 3 channels they'd be able to give the Storm some decent exposure. Maybe one of their players is plowing Eddie's missus.

more bad news 4th vs 5th place isnt on to 11:25pm
the bad news is even if 7 get the rights they will miss treat it cause the afl is on a hr delay as well
7 and 9 should be banned from getting all sporting events

CC_Roosters

First Grade
Ch9 sydney news at 5 there now. Sport led by AFL stories including western bulldogs v fremantle and suns v hathorn (in sydney FFS?!!!!), then a brief summary of FNF, a sound bite from wayne and done. Not a single nod to tonights NRL games which shape the finals positions of the clubs involved nor the wooden spoon bowl at skilled.

A champion of the game in Presto plays his last game tonight and the bloody free to air holders of the NRL tv rights don't even mention it. Just how low can they go.

Praying for 10/fox bid for the rights to get rid of this shoddy bunch of tossers

docbrown

Coach
Nine couldn't be bothered reporting on the sport that they own the rights.

It's just one further example of how f**ked their management are.

El Diablo

Post Whore
9 call themselves "the home of AFL" in Melbourne, i think

they used to according to Eddie anyway. this was after they lost the rights

9 are just run to suit Victorians nowadays. no wonder they are no longer 'still the one'

tv times for the finals

firday
4th vs 5th 11:25pm

sunday - yes apparently notebook is better (um wtf why isnt this on the womans channel)
2nd vs 7th 12am
3rd vs 6th 2am

not sure on sunday yet

Sgt. Kabukiman

Juniors
sunday - yes apparently notebook is better (um wtf why isnt this on the womans channel)
2nd vs 7th 12am
3rd vs 6th 2am

The Notebook is a poorly-written, cliche-riddled romantic comedy aimed at soft-c**ks who are so subservient to women that they watch garbage like that... which means it's perfect for Victorians.