What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

channel nine news: dykes wants out

roboshark

Coach
f**k me i am sick of this sh*t. I havent been posting for awahile but had to in this case.

We will never win the thing because no bastard ever gets on with anyone- geezus it gives me the fu**ing sh*ts- why the f*ck can t we just have a team that plays, trains in readiness for next year and thats it. Wy all this player unrest Sh*y all the time

ghoti

Bench
I find it funny that both Raper and Rogers say there is no truth in Kimmorley being unhappy. How the f**k would they know?

Until Kimmorley comes out and says "Hey guys, chill, everything is fine and dandy" I will continue to speculate about his morale.

Special K

Coach
All these lines about Adam wanting to do what is best for his footy smells of Raper and Noddy having a talk about Nigel. It really does seem Nige will be our 6 with Dykes on the bench if he stays(well that was the plan that may change) and Adam not wanting this.

Firman would be more of a option then Ben Walker.

Has Aitken signed yet? Or has he 'agreed to terms'?

http://www.roosters.com.au/latestnews.php?ArticleID=1547

anyone find that interesting?

Quigs

Immortal
Well I know I am happy.

just imagine all this crap going on and we were still in the running.

To every negative there is a positive.

And Ive worked out a suitable replacement. Seeing as though we are going down the Kiwi, Micronesia road in search of good young players, why dont we resurrect the career of that big Kiwi 5/8 that played for the Tigers. Can't remember the critters name off hand, but he'd be a great role model.

Knock Knock,
Whose there?
Adam Dykes,
Adam Dykes who?
See youve forgotten him already.

Cheers
Quigs

Frenzy.

Post Whore
eelman03 said:
FOX SPORTS article:

Dykes future clouded
By Laine Clark
September 16, 2005

SHARKS coach Stuart Raper admits he is worried Adam Dykes may leave the club after the pivot initiated talks on his future with the NRL club.

Dykes returned to the Sharks this season after three disappointing years at Parramatta in what was seen as a dream halves pairing with former Test No.7 Brett Kimmorley.

But Raper said Dykes, who is off contract with the Sharks in 2007, approached the club yesterday to discuss his future and would decide his fate on Monday.

"We discussed what's best for Adam and the club and at this stage nothing has been ironed out yet," Raper said.

"We will be talking over the weekend and we will see what happens on Monday when we go back to work."

Asked if he was concerned Dykes may leave the Sharks, Raper said: "There are always concerns that you can lose a player but there is a bigger picture that we all have to look at in consultation with (club general manager) Steve Rogers and our coaching staff."

But Raper warned: "We've got to do what's best for everyone. I don't want a player who is unhappy or who doesn't want to be there.

"We've also got to make sure we've got a strong squad of players who've got to play well, that's the biggest thing.

At the end of the day we've got to make the right decisions that suits everyone."
http://[img]http://adserver.news.co...ction=breaking&adsize=300x250&pagepos=1[/img]http://adserver.news.com.au/image.ng/Params.richmedia=yes&site=sport&section=breaking&adsize=300x250&pagepos=1Asked if Dykes was unhappy at Cronulla, Raper said: "I don't think that is the concern, I think it's looking at what's best for his future.

"We have discussed it with him but that's all it is at this stage really."

Raper denied that Dykes' concerns had anything to do with Kimmorley, who has also been linked to speculation that he is unhappy at the Sharks.

"As far as I know Brett is fairly happy," he said.

Rogers said Dykes had not yet sought a release from the club.

"I've had discussions with Adam Dykes' manager and we will see where that leads to but he has not sought a release," he said.

"We were talking about his situation at the club. His future at the club was discussed but no decision has been made.

"At this point in time, there is nothing more to report." On speculation that Kimmorley is unhappy, Rogers said: "There is no truth in that whatsoever."

As long as you are not a club member, supporter, fan or other seemingly superfluous, unimportant stakeholder.

Frenzy.

Post Whore
Quigs said:
just imagine all this crap going on and we were still in the running.

It has been though Quigs. The 5 month long slump was a direct result of crap in the club.

fireblade

Juniors
And Ive worked out a suitable replacement. Seeing as though we are going down the Kiwi, Micronesia road in search of good young players, why dont we resurrect the career of that big Kiwi 5/8 that played for the Tigers. Can't remember the critters name off hand, but he'd be a great role model.

Knock Knock,
Whose there?
Adam Dykes,
Adam Dykes who?
See youve forgotten him already.

Cheers
Quigs

Would that be Olsen Fillipano [spelling] ???

MrCharisma

Bench
Special K said:
All these lines about Adam wanting to do what is best for his footy smells of Raper and Noddy having a talk about Nigel. It really does seem Nige will be our 6 with Dykes on the bench if he stays(well that was the plan that may change) and Adam not wanting this.

Firman would be more of a option then Ben Walker.

Has Aitken signed yet? Or has he 'agreed to terms'?

http://www.roosters.com.au/latestnews.php?ArticleID=1547

anyone find that interesting?

Sounds about right

Vagana has been on fire everytime he wears the 6

Inferno

Coach
what all of 2 times?

he was starting to struggle defensively against the stains.

I'll reserve my judgement until I see a few more games from in wearing the number 6

Frenzy.

Post Whore
MrCharisma said:
Sounds about right

Vagana has been on fire everytime he wears the 6

LOL

Once for the Kiwis - failed.

Once for the Sharks - against a Manly team known on the Day as the Swiss Cheese slices.

30 minutes in a semi vs St George where all he did was tackle himself to a standstill and become a non offensive weapon.

Yeah those are great credentials.

Who did he set up outside in those 3 mighty efforts?

He's not the answer.

Special K

Coach
I think Nigel will see a fair bit of game time in the 6 for the kiwis with no Benji so that may give us a guide.

I'm more worried if Noddy gets hurt...

6. Vagana
7. Bird

DUN DUN DUN

ghoti

Bench
Captain Jack Sparrow said:
LOL

Once for the Kiwis - failed.

Once for the Sharks - against a Manly team known on the Day as the Swiss Cheese slices.

30 minutes in a semi vs St George where all he did was tackle himself to a standstill and become a non offensive weapon.

Yeah those are great credentials.

Who did he set up outside in those 3 mighty efforts?

He's not the answer.
The game Vags played at 5/8 for the Kiwis was actually a very successful game, they won against the Aussies from memory and Vags had a blinder.

It was the game where he played at fullback that was a failure.

blacktip-reefy

Immortal
Upon reading an auto enthusiasts site, a brilliant bit of philosophy came up in a front suspension thread.
Basically the talk was around changing a stock front suspension & the problems all associated with the modifications.
The thread went for 15 odd pages with some radical & crazy ideas. Radical to the Nth degree.
Then 1 person took the time to read everything from the 1 post to the last.
here is his reply
petrol head said:
First step to engineering is to find the fault, second step is to find the solution, it seems both steps are missing so far in this thread, not trying to sound like a @#$% but no ones realy shown a reason to change anything yet and no ones realy offered a better alterative to fix the unknown problem, there isnt a production car out there that is perfect even the jag, any production car lowered will need fixing, but mpars are quite capable using cart springs and torsion bars at beating the best, look at group Nc and Nb, get you cars running then modify them once the problems are known, but im tipping until you hit the track you will never know.

clint

Juniors
I'm just in a state of despair with this news.

Why do I have I bothered supporting this club all this years when they just can't get to together.

When the Sharks had their great start to the year, Noddy, Raper and everyone said it was because the team had a 5/8 for the first time in years.

What changed???

Despite all the hate that is shown towards kimmorley from many of our fans, i truely he is our only chance of winning the comp anytime soon. Teams don't win the comp without one hell of a good half back, and Kimmorely has been in the top 3 halfback for the last 5 years or so. Despite being a dominant player he needs a foil. If we only have Noddy as a playmaker all our opposition has to do is shut him down, you need two decent kickers and that's what Dykes gave us.

Kimmorley will only have a few more decent years in the game left, so we've got a couple of years to win the comp, before we go into the wilderness again, because i guarantee it will be a long time before we get another half of his quality once he leaves or retires.

So we need a decent 5/8 now and it won't be Vagana -- he can't kick, and the main thing we need is a second kicker.

And what is Dykes's problem, he wasn't happy at Parra because he was playing half and having to dominate, now he's not happy at Cronulla because he can't dominate with Noddy there, so what he wants to go and play halfback at Souths. Given that attitude I don't care if he goes -- if we had an adequate replacement -- and without an adequate replacement 5/8 we will not win the comp anytime soon, our chance will be lost.

Sorry for the rambling, I'm just cheesed off because I was actually happy with the performance against the Dragons and was feeling positive about next season -- now I'm not and feel like giving up on them.

blacktip-reefy

Immortal
Noddy is not in the top 3.
he is not even in the top 10 halves

Johns
Prince
Smith
Gower
Head
Hornby
Orford
Jones
Finch

Even sherwin had a better season than Noddy.

He is better than Firman.

BeenThere

Juniors
Sitting here with a 'told you so' smirk on my face. Re-read posts of mine from earlier in the year, particularly the bit about Ado being 'killed' by the game plan. And if my mail is right -- more to come.

roboshark

Coach
BeenThere said:
Sitting here with a 'told you so' smirk on my face. Re-read posts of mine from earlier in the year, particularly the bit about Ado being 'killed' by the game plan. And if my mail is right -- more to come.

like who

Latest posts