What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Charity Shield 2021

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
Careful PC tangerine you will pop one of your pips.
But two last questions milady.
If it does not matter then why raise it.?.
Where is the insult?
You’re using gender to infer inferiority.

That’s misogyny.

It’s all good, I’m not insulted by it.

I’m not the one who’s looking like a git in this thread though, and not just thought your actions towards me.

May be time for you to go to bed.

Clearly the charity shield isn’t what you’re here for.

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
Ha ha keep my crap on topic!! That’s a bit rich coming from the biggest shit stirrer on here ya flop
Well no.

You’re the one who’s suddenly jumped into a thread to try and put shit on someone you don’t like by calling names & acting like a school kid.

You haven’t made an on topic post this whole thread.

Don’t try and blame others for your immature behaviour.

redv13

Bench
Well no.

You’re the one who’s suddenly jumped into a thread to try and put shit on someone you don’t like by calling names & acting like a school kid.

You haven’t made an on topic post this whole thread.

Don’t try and blame others for your immature behaviour.
75722D9A-A18C-4812-84BB-EEA6064606AA.jpeg

This Year?

Immortal
lol. You just know your team is shit when in-fighting takes over a thread about a trial game. I hope my spelling, grammar and punctuation is correct.

If you can guess which generation I am then I'll send a virtual hug.

Back on topic, surely this pre-season will be one which we'll be watching very closely. The boomers are running the show, so it will be very intruiging to see what influence they have on the team.

_Johnsy

Referee
It was just a joke 30-something.

In my 30s, I thought I knew everything. It wasn't until my 40s that I realised I knew Jack Schitt and his extended family.

This isn't related to FBC post. Your reply made me think of something very similar. It is OT though.

The Dunning Kruger effect. In short, you give a nonce a little bit of information they then seem largely unaware of just how deficient their expertise is. They think they know all you need to know about that topic. (similar to the impact of A Current Affair or the LCD effect, Lowest Common Denominator). Yet you give someone with a broader & deeper knowledge base the same information, or more information on that topic and they are the opposite. They then actually realise how little they know.

Old Timer

Coach
This isn't related to FBC post. Your reply made me think of something very similar. It is OT though.

The Dunning Kruger effect. In short, you give a nonce a little bit of information they then seem largely unaware of just how deficient their expertise is. They think they know all you need to know about that topic. (similar to the impact of A Current Affair or the LCD effect, Lowest Common Denominator). Yet you give someone with a broader & deeper knowledge base the same information, or more information on that topic and they are the opposite. They then actually realise how little they know.
Interesting how arrogant people like you can be.

I never claimed to have expertise or knowledge I simply stated my thoughts and feelings on the subject.

You then misconstrue that into a debate “about the law” and do some chest beating whilst giving purist philosophy.

We are all entitled to have an opinion as to what we deem as fair and the law at times can appear to be unfair to some of us and ultimately that is why some laws in fact get changed.

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member

I never claimed to have expertise or knowledge I simply stated my thoughts and feelings on the subject.

You then misconstrue that into a debate “about the law” and do some chest beating whilst giving purist philosophy.

We are all entitled to have an opinion as to what we deem as fair and the law at times can appear to be unfair to some of us and ultimately that is why some laws in fact get changed.
Oh wow.

I think you’ll find that “OT” means on topic..

Has nothing to do with you.

Time for a lie down.

Epic rant though..

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
I suggest it means 'Off Topic'
I felt ‘OT’ was more ‘on topic’ given the discussion that had occurred previously about the generational information..

But yet, being off topic for the thread could still be considered OT I guess..

So I guess in this instance both OT’s are okay..

Which leaves the third OT..

I hope he’s okay..

_Johnsy

Referee

I didn't mention you, nor did i say you shouldn't voice an opinion on the topic. I wasn't chest beating, nor did I turn this into a debate about the law. I didn't even mention the law in the post you quoted. All I was doing was relaying a concept to Willow that sprung to mind. The only person I mentioned was Forbes Creek, and clearly stated it was not related to his post. I have no idea what your issue is, you appear to take offence where there is none to be taken. May I be so arrogant to suggest you take the extra 2 minutes to slow down when reading the post, then read it again, then a third time to ensure you comprehend what is written.

Muz, I used OT as in "off topic" apologies. I'll use the long version next time to ensure no confusion.

redVinme

Bench
Anywho. Anyone from bris heading to Mudgee next year? Thinking of taking the missus down. Any tips?

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
Muz, I used OT as in "off topic" apologies. I'll use the long version next time to ensure no confusion.
This does make me wonder now if he thinks that every thread flagged as “OT: <subject>” is actually a thread someone has written specifically for him..

True_Believer

Juniors
Oh wow.

I think you’ll find that “OT” means on topic..

Has nothing to do with you.

Time for a lie down.

Epic rant though..

I don't think I've laughed so hard reading this forum ever. At first it confused me - I thought there must have been posts deleted or something. Then you pointed out that the reference to 'OT' was the missing link... Classic.

@BLM01 I'm one of those missing Gen Xers.

_Johnsy

Referee
This does make me wonder now if he thinks that every thread flagged as “OT: <subject>” is actually a thread someone has written specifically for him..
I had never considered this, thanks for the belly laugh.

Not quite as memorable as "never heard of the pharker", not far off though.From this point on, note to self. No anacronyms.

Willow

Assistant Moderator

"FTR" Johnsy, I immediately thought "OT" meant "Off Topic".

ROTFLMAO

Willow

Assistant Moderator

QFP