What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Charity Shield on Fuel TV

coach

Just received Foxtels magazine for February and appears that Fox Sport is not showing the Charity Shield.

On February 28th the three Fox Sports channels are listed as showing the A-League grand final, Super 14 and Australia test match from South Africa.

not an issue, just go out to the ground
id prefer it not to be on T.V. It gets rid of the peoples option of watching it at home and get them out there to support the clubs in the match. Tv has made it too easy for fans to just sit back on the asses and become what they call a loyal without showing any aspects of loyalty by not attending the match.

coach

not an issue, just go out to the ground
id prefer it not to be on T.V. It gets rid of the peoples option of watching it at home and get them out there to support the clubs in the match. Tv has made it too easy for fans to just sit back on the asses and become what they call a loyal without showing any aspects of loyalty by not attending the match.

But there are many Souths fans who live outside of Sydney and can' make the game. There are the fans who will miss out.

Aaron_sfas

Juniors
dont care. i'll be there.

and lets face it, when theres the soccer final, super 14 and a test match, an nrl trial will never win

I reckon it'll be on main event. They won't charge extra for it but there are probably just too many things going on at that time in the year to fit it on one of the 3 sports channels. Mind you a lot of pubs and clubs don't have access to Fox Sports 3 so Fox put stuff like this on main event so it can be shown in pubs and clubs while FS 1 & 2 already have full content.

You would think so
its one of the more traditional matches that 25K will turn up for. Thats amazing for a pre season game, nearly unheard of for a actual regular season match.

Sugar

Bench
It should be on Fox have been promoting the game for a while.

It may be shown on main event,which have shown games free of charge in the past

Rabbit toes

First Grade
Just received Foxtels magazine for February and appears that Fox Sport is not showing the Charity Shield.

On February 28th the three Fox Sports channels are listed as showing the A-League grand final, Super 14 and Australia test match from South Africa.

Well this does suck, Brisbanes proximity to Sydney has become even more painful! Love to go.

hopefully somewhere along the line the line there might be a schedule change

Nemesis

Bench
Stuff the broadcast, I'm going to the game to collect a beer debt owed to me by one of the LU drag queens.

Dave Q

Coach
Its a fun match, plenty of atmosphere.

At least we dont have to risk Hegs in trials this year.

OVP

Coach

I can understand Fox choosing the Test ahead, and of course even the A-league GF. But Super 14 ? Noone watches that sh*t, League would destroy it in terms of ratings at least. And yes, Fox do care about ratings, very much so. Extremely bizarre decision... especially considering a hell of a lot of all the clubs, not just Souths and Saints, fans watch the game, since we've been starved of footy all off season.

I bet they eventually will.

As far as i know,Fox has showed the Charity Shield every year since our readmission in 2001.Even the morons on channel 9 showed the game in 2001.:shock: