What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Charity Shield Thread - Tips + Updates ect

God-King Dean

Immortal
Ziggy the God said:
So will you without Gasnier. :lol:

:lol: If that makes you feel better...

Pretty much what I expected tonight. 'Twas pretty happy with our general play... our young blokes made a fair few mistakes with simple stuff eg. just holding the ball, running in front of the dummy half before the pass is thrown.

Ziggy the God

First Grade
gregstar said:
is that all you've got left after the second trial?

dude, your full strength wonder-bunnies were rolled by kids.

worse still - melon hasn't ventured in here yet.

You are the one talking up the trial, the exact same thing you have berated Souths fans for doing so in the past.

I couldn't care less what your mate Melon thinks, or any other Swans supporter.

Dread

Juniors
Bahaha Beau Scott. Worst signing ever? Dropped the ball as many times as he held onto it.

gregstar

Referee
talking it up?!!!!!!!

i expected to lose! i expected the game to follow the script of the previous two encounters - souths full strength V saints 2nd half nobodies with souths winning.

i couldn't give a rats because it wasn't anything remotely resembling our normal side.

how have i talked us up?

i've talked your mob down.

God-King Dean

Immortal
Dread said:
Bahaha Beau Scott. Worst signing ever? Dropped the ball as many times as he held onto it.

LOL, yeah he had a sh*t game... but there no plural in 'game'. You woulnd't happen to be a Cronulla fan by any chance ?

Dread

Juniors
LOL, yeah he had a sh*t game... but there no plural in 'game'. You woulnd't happen to be a Cronulla fan by any chance ?

Fair guess. I am, indeed, a Cronulla fan.

Seeing him drop the ball on every second touch brought back horrible flashbacks. Was surprised he didn't give away a stupid penalty though - looks like he's improved!

gregstar

Referee
Ziggy the God said:
End of the day, good hitout for our new team, no major injuries.

Bring on the Chooks.
mate - i've no drama with souths and wish their suffering supporters well.

dave Q on the other hand.....

Ziggy the God

First Grade
gregstar said:
mate - i've no drama with souths and wish their suffering supporters well.

dave Q on the other hand.....

No drama, I also have no issue with the Saints.

In fact, I know enough people inside your club and those that support your club to have a soft spot for them. As long as they are not playing us. ;-)

petetheileet

First Grade
Souths are gna find it tough.....

I know the effort probably wasn't at its highest however the older blokes were very quiet and the young blokes had nothing to build off a very talked up forward pack didn't like the look of them at all

Just look like same old souths to me

gregstar

Referee
petetheileet said:
Souths are gna find it tough.....

I know the effort probably wasn't at its highest however the older blokes were very quiet and the young blokes had nothing to build off a very talked up forward pack didn't like the look of them at all

Just look like same old souths to me
it's virtually a new team.

remember how long it took us to click after the merger?

petetheileet

First Grade
gregstar said:
it's virtually a new team.

remember how long it took us to click after the merger?

True but ours was a totally different team compared to souths...ours was a team of superstars...a cpl past their prime

Souths is more of a spare parts team put together....

i really cant see them getting going, i realy think all their major signings other than widders and asotasi are past it

Dutchy

Immortal
Was lookin forward to watching Gaz closer to the action this year..bad for blues and Aus also

Looks liek J.Lyon gets his Blues spot back by default