What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Charity Shield Trial 2 - Rabbitohs vs Dragons: Saturday 27th February 6:30pm @Glen Willow Stadium

callmack1

Staff member
Here we are, a very exciting week for us this week! Obviously last week was very exciting too as it marked the official return of Footy but all pre-Season, I think this is the week we've really been looking forward to as we go up against the Dragons in the Charity Shield on Saturday night!

Always a big game, as big as it gets for a trial match, and while it may only be a trial, it's a chance for some early Season silverware so it means a hell of a lot. This will be the 38th edition of the Charity Shield and we are gunning for nine years of Shield wins in a row which is pretty crazy.

This is the last game before Round 1 proper and as such, I expect it to be like an NRL game with both sides naming the strongest squad they possibly can. A lot has been made of St George Illawarra this Off-Season but none of that matters now. They'll be hugely up for this so we must not underestimate them and we must match their intensity.

For us, as I said, I expect us to name the strongest squad possible with a lot of younger and fringe guys on an extended bench. I believe all our big guns apart from maybe Reyno are available so this is a great chance to see our combos and see where our team is really at leading into Round 1.

Cannot wait!!!!

Jim Rockford

Bench
I agree that we should name our strongest possible side with the exception of Reyno. No point risking him if he's not 100%. Let him focus on being right for Rd 1. It's definitely a good chance for Trell to get further match fitness and Benji to develop some combinations.

CAFPOW

Juniors
1) Latrell Mitchell
2) Jaxson Paulo
3) Dane Gagai
4) Campbell Graham
5) Alex Johnston
6) Cody Walker
7) Adam Reynolds (c)
8) Thomas Burgess
9) Damien Cook
10) Junior Tatola
11) Keaon Koloamatangi
12) Jacob Host
13) Cameron Murray
Interchange:
14) Blake Taaffe
15) Josh Mansour
16) Tautau Moga
17) Steven Marsters
18) Troy Dargan
19) Hame Sele
20) Benji Marshall
21) Mark Nicholls
22) Dean Hawkins
23) Patrick Mago
24) Jai Arrow
25) Joshua Cook
Head Coach: Wayne Bennett

callmack1

Staff member
Rabbitohs Team List for Charity Shield: https://www.rabbitohs.com.au/news/2021/02/23/rabbitohs-team-for-charity-shield/

Yewwwww the Line Up is finally out!! Pretty happy with it too, almost our strongest side possible minus Su'A who i forgot had picked up a little injury. Pretty sure he's okay for Round 1 but it's right to not risk him here. Stoked to see Reyno is good to go! No Knight or Cartwright is interesting though, maybe they have some little niggles.

Otherwise, it's all go. Yes, Mansour isn't starting but I wouldn't read too much into that. The Charity Shield is rolling subs I think so it doesn't really mean a lot, Mansour may end up getting more game time.

Gonna be so good to get a look at how the top side is shaping up, this is a dress rehersal for Round 1. Also really excited to see a lot of the young guns in action and of course, those wearing our colours for the first time.

Jeez I can't wait!!!

callmack1

Staff member
Lads my mate told me 3 weeks ago Su’a was injured, I thought he was pulling my leg so didn’t share.

I asked him again tonight and he said he’s heard it’s likely Su’a misses round 1 and maybe round 2.
Hmm not the greatest news but thanks anyway.

handyman2190

Bench
Lads my mate told me 3 weeks ago Su’a was injured, I thought he was pulling my leg so didn’t share.

I asked him again tonight and he said he’s heard it’s likely Su’a misses round 1 and maybe round 2.
Whats the injury? And there has been no mention in the injury reports

callmack1

Staff member
A few comments from a guy on another forum,

The boys were doing opposed training sessions yesterday. The first grade side was as announced.

Su’A was training is the reserves side. He had his arm bandaged. Apparently hyperextended his elbow.

Knight should be right for round one. Just a head knock the other week.

Benji did most of the session as hooker and Josh Cook lock.

Jai Arrow was mainly playing left edge.

Josh Mansour was on the right wing.

Things that stood out to me. Mitchell is just a freak. His combination with Cody and AJ is going to be lethal.

Jaxson Paulo has has some skill about him. Some of the passes he was catching was just brilliant. Even some using his feet.

Jacob Host is bigger than I thought. Very solid up top. He was playing left side and Keaon the right. Keaon was running some great lines.

Damien Cook was throwing some poor passes. There was the usual crash ball to Burgess that was put down. Have to say from what I saw yesterday the ball distribution by Benji was so much better.

One thing I took out of the all stars game was how good AJs hands were. They were doing quite a bit of defending kicks. AJ didn’t miss a beat.

At the end a few players were kicking for goal from the sideline. Taane Milne didn’t miss one. Latrell missed his first couple. Then changed kicking tees and nailed them all. He also nailed a field goal from 45 out. More impressive was Jai Arrow nailing one from the sideline 50 out.

Rabbits20

Immortal
Well we are through midnight so today is the day the footy is back how great it is. This is always more intense than a normal trial game. The Dragons will come hard and we can’t underestimate them, we need to put in the tough yards and get a good hit out with different combos etc to build confidence going into round 1 and to iron out some of the chinks in our game and what we need to get better at. We have all been waiting for this day for months now and it’s finally here so RABBITOHS MEMBERS AND SUPPORTERS IT IS ONCE AGAIN TIME TO FFIIIRRREEEE UP!!! LETS GO AND RETAIN THIS CHARITY SHIELD ONCE MORE!!!

EVERYONE AT 6:30PM LETS MAKE SURE THE BOYS KNOW WE ARE RIGHT BEHIND THEM!! IF YOU ARE GOING TO THE GAME COME HOME WITH NO VOICE!

GLORY GLORY LETS GO RRAAABBBIIITTTOOOHHHSSSS!!!!!!

SOUTH SYDNEY CLAP CLAP CLAP