What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Chase Stanley Update

watatank

Coach

Ok, makes sense.

I can say it with no hesitation :)

That was also my point, he was overrated hence being overpaid!

That's not the line you took though, you have clearly stated more than enough times that he should not be here purely because he's no good.

Head is fully fit, has been all year.

He may have been available for selection but he's not fully fit and hasn't been for years. He can barely run.

STG-Dragon

Juniors
That's not the line you took though, you have clearly stated more than enough times that he should not be here purely because he's no good.

I though by stating that he is overrated covered things like not good enough and overpaid.

He may have been available for selection but he's not fully fit and hasn't been for years. He can barely run.

If he can barley run he should not be available for selection. By the way he looks to be running ok to me. How do you know he is not fully fit? Sounds like you are trying to use the reliable 'not fit' line of Head supporters, to support your argument.;-)

watatank

Coach
I though by stating that he is overrated covered things like not good enough and overpaid.

Maybe but you may have mentioned the overpaid line in what once in every 50 posts or so?

If he can barley run he should not be available for selection. By the way he looks to be running ok to me. How do you know he is not fully fit? Sounds like you are trying to use the reliable 'not fit' line of Head supporters, to support your argument.;-)

You think he is running ok? I'd like to know what that's based on.

If you watched the Sharks game (at Cronulla) Head picked up a Sharks dropped ball when they were attacking our line. Most halves would have run the length of the field. Head hobbled for 30m before getting tackled. That's the only time I remembered seeing him run.

He's fit enough to be able to offer *something* but that it's clear he's not the player he once was and that's a result of his injuries.

stg666

Juniors
he's going lads and bloody good luck to him at the scabby storm. hope he plays and does well in the future. can't hold back players if they don't want to wait for wayne's world.

STG-Dragon

Juniors
Maybe but you may have mentioned the overpaid line in what once in every 50 posts or so?
I'm sure I've mentioned it before.

You think he is running ok? I'd like to know what that's based on.

If you watched the Sharks game (at Cronulla) Head picked up a Sharks dropped ball when they were attacking our line. Most halves would have run the length of the field. Head hobbled for 30m before getting tackled. That's the only time I remembered seeing him run.

He's fit enough to be able to offer *something* but that it's clear he's not the player he once was and that's a result of his injuries.

Even when he was so called fit before his injuries, he still couldn't run for sh*t! His game has always relied on kicking. I can never remember the guy running for more than 20-30m during his whole career.

big pat

Coach
he's going lads and bloody good luck to him at the scabby storm. hope he plays and does well in the future. can't hold back players if they don't want to wait for wayne's world.

well bloody said, if he wants to go to the storm scum who gives a sh*t, see ya chase enjoy your new scummy mates, just hope they don't teach you to slide in tackles with both feet.

Doug2234

First Grade
we seem to have depth. Dragons arent topping up his contract are they!!!

They better not like when Barrett went to England

watatank

Coach
I'm sure I've mentioned it before.

Not saying you haven't, but it's rare and more as an afterthought after someone brought it up. IMO it wouldn't have mattered what he was getting paid, your posts wouldn't have changed.

Even when he was so called fit before his injuries, he still couldn't run for sh*t! His game has always relied on kicking. I can never remember the guy running for more than 20-30m during his whole career.

Yes, he could run and he used to challenge the line often. He still does it from time to time but it doesn't have the impact it used to, he's only really restricted to a distributor type role these days, which he has done quite well.

watatank

Coach
*bump*

I don't know how you can say with full conviction that he was let go because he's not good enough. It seems far more valid to believe he wanted to leave and was getting paid too much money in reserves. There isn't room for him at this point in time but I really don't think that's such a big deal considering there's currently no room for others who are also his age (Merrin, Marketo, Henry).

As shown in this article, even Bennett recognises the talent.

...Chase Stanley, who this week signed with Melbourne, was outstanding.

"He was very good today," Bennett said. "His start to the season was dismal. He's sorted his life out in between (being dropped and coming back to first grade).

"He's come back with a more favourable attitude. He's showing us what a wonderful talent he is."

http://www.theaustralian.news.com.au/story/0,25197,25838824-5012431,00.html

Latest posts