What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Chase Stanley Update

GeyerIsADouche

Juniors
chase played in the 20's yesterday and was outstanding. It's hard to remember just how young he is. It will come back and bite us in the ass if we lose him. not many kids running around in the 20's have played for there country at senior level.

maestro1

Bench
I think a move will be the best thing for Chase Stanley's career.

It seems at the Dragons he's had things a bit to easy. He's always had a rep for being one of the brightest talents in the Dragons junior system, which no doubt would have fuelled his ego and been detrimental to his attitude. He was virtually handed his first grade debut based on talent, rather than anything he'd done to earn it, and then Nathan Brown had basically perservered with him in First Grade for 3 seasons despite the fact he clearly wasn't up to NRL standards as yet.

It's well known he has a bit of an ego and and a poor attitude to training. Essentially I think he's had things to easy at the Dragons, lost the desire to push himself and has become complacent.

Once he goes to a new club, he won't have a reputation or "fans" within the club to rely on. He'll be forced to establish himself and earn the respect of his new coach and teammates.

Basically, I wish him all the best of luck in his career, hopefully he can live up to his potential elsewhere, as $150k is simply to much space under the salary cap to house "potential" for this long.

Couldn't be more wrong. Chase Stanley is a respectful, humble and lovely kid. Fair dinkum, where do these "it is well known" comments come from? It is well known where?

God-King Dean

Immortal
It could possibly bite us on the bum...

But f**k, we can't hold every player with promise. He's always been hyped as a talent, & since making FG in '07, I'm yet to see much of it.

dragonfire

Bench
he isnt even 20 yet and was playing first grade while still in high school, perhaps he was promoted too early and thus had a unwarranted amount of hype put on his shoulders. i think he will be a good player, well he is at the moment

grandorient

Bench
F**k,

It's a shame he is gone, big talent, big future.

The main reason of course he hasn't had much game time here is due to the quality of the first 17 and his less than super performances. Having said that, the kid is only young and will, in my view, mature into a great player. But this may take a couple of more years yet.

Let him mature at Melbourne, then we may have him back.

GO

Godz Illa

Coach
Couldn't be more wrong. Chase Stanley is a respectful, humble and lovely kid. Fair dinkum, where do these "it is well known" comments come from? It is well known where?
After his warm down with the under 20's the other night he came back out onto the field, still in his boots and footy shorts, to support the PCYC kids who were playing a game of OzTag out in the middle. The group of kids he and Nightingale have been spending a stack of time in a mentoring program with, a la Kirk Reynoldson last year. Yep, massive ego

mightydragon

Juniors
Have to laugh at this comment in the article
'There is no doubt though, that under the excellent coaching staff at the Storm, he will have every chance to see his natural ability bloom into ’stardom.’

Bellamy is no Wayne Bennett and obviously Wayne doesn't want Chase so that will do me.

The Peni Tagive signing now makes sense. Peni's been signed to cover Chase leaving and Dell possibly retiring.

(Oops - just realised what happens when you put an 's' after Peni!!!)

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
right. so it would not be a good idea to make the following banner:

HUGE PENI'S GONNA
TAKE IT UP HARD!

teegy

Juniors
right. so it would not be a good idea to make the following banner:

HUGE PENI'S GONNA
TAKE IT UP HARD!
not till next year. then he will be playing for us. id look forward to see if they would put it on tv. id bet not

Latest posts