What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Chase Stanley Update

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
There was somethign in today's paper saying it's premature and not confirmed that Chase is signed with the Storm yet...

right. in that case, we need a banner for this weekend's game..

PENI'S EXPLOSION ONTO THE DRAGONS SCENE IS PREMATURE

Kells

Juniors
so is chase def going 2 melb? if so why hasnt it been confirmed by either the storm or the dragons?

Kells

Juniors
maybe there is a delay as there is a dispute over how much of chase's contract the storm want the dragons to pay?

Godz Illa

Coach
Meanwhile, centre Chase Stanley, who scored a try against Manly on Sunday in his second game this season, is still caught in a contract wrangle with the Dragons.

Stanley is signed to the club until the end of next season, however he is interested in gaining an early release to join Melbourne.

The 20-year-old former Kiwi international was dropped after round one and while initially indicating he wanted to stay at the club long-term, he now appears destined to join the Storm.

Doust said at this stage he expected Stanley to be part of the Dragons squad next season, however Stanley's manager Lance Thompson said the situation was far from resolved.
"We still haven't sorted it out with St George yet. Hopefully we'll have it sorted out soon," Thompson said.
http://www.illawarramercury.com.au/...act-with-red-and-whites-in-doubt/1567829.aspx

jpaciocco91

Juniors
In RLW it says "expect Storm to announce Stanley signing in a few days" after stating that Atalea Vea from Sharks had joined them.

SilentAssassin

Juniors
I was under the impression that the Dragons wanted to get rid of his contract. Obviously not.

I can understand Stanley wanting to leave. I can't see him getting a spot in the 17 next year either if everyone is fit.

Cagey Mac

Bench
I think that it all comes down to negotiation and all parties are trying to make what they can from the deal

Wobbygong

First Grade
maybe there is a delay as there is a dispute over how much of chase's contract the storm want the dragons to pay?

Kells you nailed it in one pal. I say Dousty f*ck the Storm and f*ck that nuffy trouble making red head manager of Stanley's.

They take on his whole contract or he plays for Shellharbour again next season.

SEAT 1A

Bench
Cheers for the link Andrew.

Bit of a shame Chase is going. Had a great season a few years ago. Can't see him forcing Scott out of a centre spot.

Good luck to him as he has got talent and is still young and a good future ahead.

DirtyHarry

Juniors
Cheers for the link Andrew.

Bit of a shame Chase is going. Had a great season a few years ago. Can't see him forcing Scott out of a centre spot.

Good luck to him as he has got talent and is still young and a good future ahead.

I don't recall that great season a few years ago, I do recall plenty of shockers. :crazy:

Having said that, he went ok against Manly.

Latest posts