What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Chasers handing out fake weapons

Cammo

Bench
Rammo said:
How were they joking about rape?

Read my post earlier in the thread

Rammo said:
It was just abit of a joke about violence at Bulldogs games, a bit of light hearted fun.

So lighthearted he was charged with offensive behaivour

Rammo said:
Learn to laugh at yourself sometimes, you'll be a much better person if you possess such qualities.

I have a laugh at The Bulldogs expense often with my mates [in private]. But if some compelte stranger comes up to me before a game and tries making jokes about those sorts of things in that way then I won't find it funny at all. Especially if it is then shown all over the TV. If the joke was done in the studio and not in public you would find most people could have a laugh at it.

Thankfully the police think the same way.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Rammo said:

It was just abit of a joke about violence at Bulldogs games, a bit of light hearted fun.

Learn to laugh at yourself sometimes, you'll be a much better person if you possess such qualities.

It pays to read the thread before shooting your mouth off. You don't earn brownie points with opposition fans just by being the cool guy who speaks against the grain. I.e. stop brown-nosing.

LESStar58

Referee
I heard he was there posing as a police officer but what he did is even worse!

Probably a good thing he got arrested cos I'd hate to think what woulda happened to him if Doggies supporters had got their hands on him!

Cammo said:

I have a laugh at The Bulldogs expense often with my mates [in private]. But if some compelte stranger comes up to me before a game and tries making jokes about those sorts of things in that way then I won't find it funny at all. Especially if it is then shown all over the TV. If the joke was done in the studio and not in public you would find most people could have a laugh at it.

Studio. Safe, edifying humour. Satire by its very nature will test the boundaries of good taste. There's no way you could affect the same joke by relying on staged, derivative bullsh*t.

Master Vippo

Juniors
I think if you watch the show, this is not the most offensive thing they have done. Not the most funny either. They do stunts like this all the time, and i guess the cops had to be there sooner or later.

Most of the time the people being targeted are angry or offended, but it is often funny.

They just poke fun at everything. I think some dogs supporters are a little too serious.

Y2Eel

First Grade
Rammo said:

Shame on you rammo for having a differing opinion to dodge, seems he's the oh um police on who is cool on these here forums...

Timmah said:
It pays to read the thread before shooting your mouth off. You don't earn brownie points with opposition fans just by being the cool guy who speaks against the grain. I.e. stop brown-nosing.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Y2Eel said:
Shame on you rammo for having a differing opinion to dodge, seems he's the oh um police on who is cool on these here forums...

It's not differing opinion. Rammo waits til the bulk of an argument has occured, and then takes an opposite tack to the rest of the clubs fans. The amount of sh*tfights he's been involved in on the Bulldogs LU forum are countless.

Red Bear

Referee
Lol, rammo goes against the wishes of the rest of bulldogs fans so he's wrong??? OH man.

I cant believe the reaction a prank has gotten here lol. Like whats been said before, they target everyone/anyone, so just deal with it.

I've never seen the show so I can't really tell if they are funny or not. But by the looks of him he looks like a little smartarse who just wants attention to compensate for his lack of penis length.

Yeah dude, thats why everyone does comedic stunts, to compensate for their penis length. Nothing to do with the satirical nature of their show abd general poking fun at stuff is it? Jeeeebus christ there is a few precious rugby league fans out their.

Moffo

Referee
Willow said:
Moffo, making fun of you isn't slander. Its an accepted pastime.
I haven't read this anywhere yet. Which report says he disturbed the peace?
Depends on the context and delivery, and who is hearing the joke. Jokes about violence are as old as the hills. Really, when it comes to humour, nothing is sacred.
Who has made jokes about rape?

he was provoking people

an offence that is actionable by arrest (police officers descretion)

Thanks

Please call the cops if you have more queries

LESStar58

Referee
For the record... I hope the NRL ban this dickhead from all NRL fixtures for a very long time.....

LESStar58 said:
For the record... I hope the NRL ban this dickhead from all NRL fixtures for a very long time.....

I don't know why a comdeian would bother turning up to a league game.

20% of supporters are braindead.

40% are too earnest for their own good

40% think that Reg Reagan and Adam Sandler are luminaries of comedy. (refer to point 1.)

Oh and 'who ate all the pies' still precipitates raucous laughter from the simpletons in the crowd.

cainen

Juniors
Someone raised a good point in a comment on an online newspaper...

Offensive conduct is defined by the courts as "behaviour calculated to wound the feelings, arouse anger or resentment or disgust or outrage in the mind of a reasonable person."

So was what Chas did designed to 'wound the feelings, arouse anger or outrage?' One article said the majority of fans took it light heartedly. If this is true I'd say the majority of fans' reactions would be judged as the reasonable person's reaction and therefore it wasn't offensive conduct.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Cammo said:
Again, A claim on another forum. Is that your source?
Do you have anything firmer than that?
Cammo said:
He hasn't been convicted of anything yet. Or does innocent until proven guilty only apply to the Bulldogs?
Cammo said:

So you didnt like the joke, that's your view.

At least that's a step up from conviction via and unknown internet forum. Nevertheless, the police have to be seen to be doing their job. But they are not judges. We have a judicial system for that.

Mr Saab

Referee
The dogs made the news again with Andew Emilio in the dressing room with a t shirt on his head basically looking like a terriorist.

[furrycat]

Coach
Moffo said:
he was provoking people

an offence that is actionable by arrest (police officers descretion)

Thanks

Please call the cops if you have more queries
'

You're talking out of your arse there moffo :p

LESStar58

Referee
TV Ted Ellery said:
I don't know why a comdeian would bother turning up to a league game.

20% of supporters are braindead.

40% are too earnest for their own good

40% think that Reg Reagan and Adam Sandler are luminaries of comedy. (refer to point 1.)

The Chaser is a satirical publication.

Satire goes beyond regular comedy IMO.

What the guy did was not satirical. It wasn't even funny. It was just plain stupid!

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Timmah said:
It's not differing opinion. Rammo waits til the bulk of an argument has occured, and then takes an opposite tack to the rest of the clubs fans. The amount of sh*tfights he's been involved in on the Bulldogs LU forum are countless.
Woah... neat backhander.

You're basically saying his opinion is wortheless because of the time he came online. LOL!

Good on Rammo for thinking for himself.

Rammo

Juniors
Cammo said:

Fair enough Cammo, well said.

simon says

First Grade
I think this whole thing is hilarious....the inital joke very funny and takes some balls,and the faked uproar even funnier....

Classic.