What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Chasers handing out fake weapons

Moffo

Referee
Willow said:
Still trying to work out the reasoning behind the charge. When he got charge for 'offensive conduct' was it because he was wearing a Bulldogs jersey?

In any case, it looks like he is carrying one of those plastic knives you can buy at Toys R Us - undoubtedly the store of choice for psychopaths and maniacs prone to the odd bit of 'offensive conduct'.

If I may say, I have a lot of respect for the fine work done by our law enforcers. The streets are definitely safer because of their presence. I mean, where else can we have satirists engaging in theatre and be reasonably sure of no retribution from the public? The police are doing a great job at keeping people in line.

And let's face it, the police have a sense of humour as well. NSW acting deputy police commissioner Dennis Clifford was quoted as saying he is "thoroughly disgusted" by a prank carried out by the Chaser. Perhaps he was engaging in a bit of theatre himself, trying to do one better than the Chaser? "Thoroughly disgusted" is a hard act to follow. With that in mind, here's hoping the acting deputy police commissioner doesn't get a stand up gig in one of the hot spots abroad.

try disturbing the peace?

stormman

Juniors
shadow grinder said:
ive heard that alot on here.

at least, Shadow Grinder can take the piss out of himself, It is sad that a few Bulldogs and the Police can't.

The Few Bulldogs supporters and the police, need to go to Laughing club to learn to Laugh.

innsaneink

Referee
stormman said:
at least, Shadow Grinder can take the piss out of himself, It is sad that a few Bulldogs and the Police can't.

The Few Bulldogs supporters and the police, need to go to Laughing club to learn to Laugh.

Show me what there is to laugh at when violence and rape are concerned?

Willow

Assistant Moderator
ibeme said:
It's offensive because those targeted by it were offended by what it was suggesting - that they were violent thugs.
Are you sure it wasn't the jersey?
ibeme said:
As I said in an earlier post, if they dressed as Hezbollah Gorillas and went to Lakemba and started handing out fake rocket launchers, would the local Lebanese community have a right to be offended?
Well there's nothing funnier than bannana skin jokes. Personally I'd be astounded to see such a swift evolutionary process.

To answer, I guess it would be one of those wrong places at the wrong time thingies which concerns Bulldogs supporters so much. But we were not at Lakemba and it wasn't a fancy dress party. Jubilee Avenue Kogarah was obviously the venue last night... that being relevant and all.
ibeme said:
It was an insulting joke targeting innocent people who are sick of getting tarred with the same brush as violent thugs. That's why those people were probably offended.
Ahh OK, so some Bulldogs supporters are offended by this. Thanks for the heads up.
It sounds like you are suggesting that jokes about Bulldogs supporters is out of bounds.

God-King Dean

Immortal
I've never found stereotypes jokes to be funny. Nor plastic knives.

What concerns me more is how people on these forums bag others out for finding things offensive. But that must mean they are soft...:roll:

I've never seen the show so I can't really tell if they are funny or not. But by the looks of him he looks like a little smartarse who just wants attention to compensate for his lack of penis length.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Moffo said:
oooo willow is being slanderous today!
Moffo, making fun of you isn't slander. Its an accepted pastime.
Moffo said:
try disturbing the peace?
I haven't read this anywhere yet. Which report says he disturbed the peace?
innsaneink said:
Depends on the context and delivery, and who is hearing the joke. Jokes about violence are as old as the hills. Really, when it comes to humour, nothing is sacred.
Who has made jokes about rape?

stormman

Juniors
innsaneink said:

Nothing is too laugh about Violence and Rape.

Where there fisty cuffs with him or anyone who in that Area? No. Did it incite Violence? NO.

It is Sad that a few Bulldogs Fan, Can't take the piss out of there club. These idiots have a sense of humour on par with a German.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Southernsaint said:
It seems that the rest of society has to tread warily around Bulldogs fans...
You're not wrong. They're really toey about this.

Rammo

Juniors
To be honest I thought it was hilarious.

Lighten up people, I'm tired of political correctness.

Some of your reactions are on par with those of Channel 7 when they decided to run the Nate Myles' aircraft joke about Hazem El Masri as the lead story in its 6pm news bulletin.

Cammo

Bench
Rammo said:
To be honest I thought it was hilarious.

Lighten up people, I'm tired of political correctness.

Some of your reactions are on par with those of Channel 7 when they decided to run the Nate Myles' aircraft joke about Hazem El Masri as the lead story in its 6pm news bulletin.

So it's ok to joke about violence and rape on TV now is it?

Done in private no-one cares and can be funny, but this is public television ffs.

Rammo

Juniors
Cammo said:
So it's ok to joke about violence and rape on TV now is it?

Done in private no-one cares and can be funny, but this is public television ffs.

How were they joking about rape?

It was just abit of a joke about violence at Bulldogs games, a bit of light hearted fun.

Learn to laugh at yourself sometimes, you'll be a much better person if you possess such qualities.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
stormman said:
Nothing is too laugh about Violence and Rape.

Where there fisty cuffs with him or anyone who in that Area? No. Did it incite Violence? NO.

It is Sad that a few Bulldogs Fan, Can't take the piss out of there club. These idiots have a sense of humour on par with a German.

:-s

F**k up billy.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Cammo said:
Read my post earlier in the thread about what the guy was doing.
I do remember reading this:
Cammo said:
I read on another forum that when one Dogs supporter spoke to him he asked him if he wanted a packet of rape, and held up a tablet pack with the word rape on it.

Real funny stuff that isn't it. :roll:

No wonder he was arrested for offensive behaviour.
A claim on another forum. Is that your source?

With respect, I was actually curious to find out if there was something a little more firm than that. Any other reports in the mainstream media?

Or perhaps it'll all come out later eh?

Immortal said:
I've never found stereotypes jokes to be funny. Nor plastic knives.

What concerns me more is how people on these forums bag others out for finding things offensive. But that must mean they are soft...:roll:

I've never seen the show so I can't really tell if they are funny or not. But by the looks of him he looks like a little smartarse who just wants attention to compensate for his lack of penis length.

You've hit the nail on the head.

The design of all comdey is to avert people's attention from the performer's insubstantial penis size. I find that offensive.

If you watch their show you will realise that they lampoon all aspects of society. No group should beyond the purview of satire.

BTW Half their jokes are ridiculing the stereotypes that are pervasive in Aus society as opposed to reinforcing them. Its like the Borat sketch about throwing the Jew' down the well.