What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Chasers handing out fake weapons

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Cammo said:
Nothing wrong with satire as long as it is done in a tasteful way and not offensive.
Talk about sapping the life out of a joke.
Timmah said:
Gunnamatta, wake up to yourself. It doesn't matter if the crowd was laughing at him, it's a stupid thing to do in the circumstances.
Yeah Gunna, where do get off thinking for yourself? And the same goes for all you people laughing up the back.
Dave Allen would be turning his grave, if he was dead.

gunnamatta bay

Referee
Timmah said:
I'm with inky :eek:

Anybody who doesn't think it's stupid is kidding themselves. Given that at present Lebanon/Israel is blowing up and a large percentage of our following is Lebanese, what this idiot has done is beyond reproach IMO. His intention was to stir sh*t and cause trouble, which is the last thing both Saints AND Bulldogs fans need in times like these. Gunnamatta, wake up to yourself. It doesn't matter if the crowd was laughing at him, it's a stupid thing to do in the circumstances.

You seem to be missing my point. The police are going to have to prove what he was doing was offensive to a court of law. I didn't see it. Only mofo saw it and says every body was laughing at him which does not suggest they were offended.

I have seen similar situations lampooned on Fat Pizza involving middle easterners and from what I can gather they love it.

I heard the high ranking policeman make claims several people were very offended so I hope he can back up his claim with witnesses prepared to give evidence.

nqcowboy87

Bench
theyre just a bunch of hoighty toity ex artr student type androtops who dont know any better, these type of people really piss me off

[furrycat]

Coach
Willow said:
Talk about sapping the life out of a joke.
Yeah Gunna, where do get off thinking for yourself? And the same goes for all you people laughing up the back.
Dave Allen would be turning his grave, if he was dead.

:lol:

As stupid as I think the act was, I'm a dogs supporter so naturally I'll get hyped up over it. In hindsight, hey its a funny concept.

However, doing it as a controlled skit would be better... Going out into a real game where some people may have never heard of the show would have been fuming.

innsaneink

Referee
nqcowboy87 said:
theyre just a bunch of hoighty toity ex artr student type androtops who dont know any better, these type of people really piss me off

Who?
Gunna & Willow?

cainen

Juniors
Not as funny as the time he walked through the drug dogs with raw meat and sausages down his pants and under his hat.

Still pretty funny though and I'm looking forward to seeing it. It's the funniest show on TV.

ucantseeme

Juniors
sounds pretty funny to me, i guess some of you dont have a sense of humour

somes of us do prefer comdey with an 'edge' as not everyone thinks Funniest Home Videos type humour is that entertaining

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
ucantseeme said:
sounds pretty funny to me, i guess some of you dont have a sense of humour

somes of us do prefer comdey with an 'edge' as not everyone thinks Funniest Home Videos type humour is that entertaining

I just think the timing and taste is off. The situation with Bulldogs fans and to a lesser degree Saints fans can be volatile and trying to incense that, jokingly or not, is just plain stupid.

Glad to see them arrested.

[furrycat]

Coach
Its a funny joke.

But what about those who didn't see it as a joke or even know it was a TV show...

It hurts the game more than the club

Brutus

Referee
Those Chaser clowns are a bunch of f**kwits. They can be funny at times, but gernally don't give a stuff about the people they are having a go at like little Sophie.

Lock the little lefty twerp up so he can learn some prison humour.

Brutus

Referee
Wristy McSlashalot said:
get a sense of humour you softcocks

From what I've read in TFC you don't mind c**ks of the soft or hard varieties. Anyone who wants to see just how f**ked up this ponce is just go to the Fight Club. You sure have issues pal

cainen

Juniors
Brutus said:
but gernally don't give a stuff about the people they are having a go at like little Sophie.

There's a reason their show is called the "War on Everything" Nothing is off-limits.

A lot of the worse pranks are often staged anyway and people don't realise it. Someone mentioned about them going into shops with a balaclava on...it was a setup. The people knew they were coming in like that.

nqcowboy87 said:

Give me banal humour like the wedge or contrived bullsh*t like Friends any day.

Now I understand how Adam Sandler and Rob Schneider are venerated as comedic gods by a large section of our society.

Latest posts