What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Chasers handing out fake weapons

ucantseeme

Juniors
I wonder how much profit he made selling that stuff? I wonder if the fans who were complaining to police were actually other vendors who were angry the chaser was stealing their customers:lol:

I wonder whats next for the Chaser:

- selling wooden spoons at a Souths game
- selling Wayne Carey masks at a Cowboys game
- offering Queensland Reds memberships at a Raiders game

[furrycat]

Coach
ucantseeme said:
I wonder how much profit he made selling that stuff? I wonder if the fans who were complaining to police were actually other vendors who were angry the chaser was stealing their customers:lol:

I wonder whats next for the Chaser:

- selling wooden spoons at a Souths game
- selling Wayne Carey masks at a Cowboys game
- offering Queensland Reds memberships at a Raiders game

Souths one has been done.

Lame joke by the way

Lego_Man

First Grade
It may have been in bad taste, but did it warrant him being arrested and charged? Last time i checked a bad sense of humour was not a criminal offence. The magistrate will chuck this one out, and rightly so.

Balmain_Boy

Jeez, people need some perspective.

If you don't find it funny that's fine. But disgraceful and disgusting? Get a grip.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
[furrycat] said:
Exactly.

But the last thing needed is to fuel their fires.

It undermines what the police and NRL are trying to stop.

Its a funny joke, just a poor game to choose to do it at.
And by censoring satire... what sort of perspective are we gaining?

If the joke incites violence, then the fans who react in a such a way are the ones who have the problem.

And it was the perfect game to do it. Low chance of any real crowd violence: mainly Saints supporters, and large police presence. He got arrested, which he probably expected (or even hoped), and now we'll read about it in the funnies.

btw, one thing that hasn't been raised is how he got the fake weapons in. Maybe the security check in folk are a tad embarrassed by this?
I guess they'll step up their searches from now on, which is unfortunate. Unlike Moffo and Timmer, I'm not looking forward to the introduction of rubber gloves when I next go to a home game.

Red Bear

Referee
joke ( P ) Pronunciation Key (jk)
n.
Something said or done to evoke laughter or amusement, especially an amusing story with a punch line.
A mischievous trick; a prank.
An amusing or ludicrous incident or situation.

A few peoplw need to see this definition i think. Chaser is by far the best show on tv IMO, some bloody hilarious stuff on it.

Nice to see nqcowboy87 and brutus oppinions as well lol, i spose you guys just like clean humour then? No naughty language, no outragous stunts, keeping it bland is where its at eh?

Willow

Assistant Moderator
innsaneink said:
It was outside the ground.
Really? Well in that case the security folk are off the hook, and there's even less reason for a fuss.

redVgirl

Juniors
i love the chaser boys usually, but this was pretty damn stupid. ah well...something tells they will wear this arrest like a badge of honour!

[furrycat]

Coach
Willow said:
And by censoring satire... what sort of perspective are we gaining?

If the joke incites violence, then the fans who react in a such a way are the ones who have the problem.

And it was the perfect game to do it. Low chance of any real crowd violence: mainly Saints supporters, and large police presence. He got arrested, which he probably expected (or even hoped), and now we'll read about it in the funnies.

btw, one thing that hasn't been raised is how he got the fake weapons in. Maybe the security check in folk are a tad embarrassed by this?
I guess they'll step up their searches from now on, which is unfortunate. Unlike Moffo and Timmer, I'm not looking forward to the introduction of rubber gloves when I next go to a home game.

I've got on my rubber glove...
Its now time to think of love...

Can't really disagree with you. Was only saying that those troublesome people may get offended and actually cause more a stir. Yes they are the ones with the problem, but it is the last thing I want to hear.

I still think the joke is hilarious, and would love to see the reactions to it on the show.

gunnamatta bay

Referee
Apparantly one of their latest skits was running around pretending to harpoon japanese people. Should the japs withdraw their ambassador?

atomic_crimson

Juniors
[furrycat] said:
I am more concerned that it may have caused some bulldogs fans to become violent and something larger may have esculated as a result.

i don't think that would have happened... i saw guys who had dragons supporters in their faces being called rapists continuosly until there was room to disperse outside the ground in which they just laughed and walked off....

very poor joke in my opinion - as a bulldog supporter and as someone who has had a knife held to her throat on two occasions in armed robberies it seems rather pathetic. Not too mention the big media hype during the week about potentail crowd troubles. As someone said in a controlled skit say in a studio - i too would have had a laugh... but to come out to a game like that is just pathetic....

As for people saying they find it funny... that's all well and good - but in all honesty as a bulldog supporter im sick of being hounded at games by drunk opposition fans asking if i carry a knife, and if my team loses will i use it etc... and this joke does nothing to help that stereotype...

gunnamatta bay

Referee
atomic_crimson said:
i don't think that would have happened... i saw guys who had dragons supporters in their faces being called rapists continuosly until there was room to disperse outside the ground in which they just laughed and walked off....

very poor joke in my opinion - as a bulldog supporter and as someone who has had a knife held to her throat on two occasions in armed robberies it seems rather pathetic. Not too mention the big media hype during the week about potentail crowd troubles. As someone said in a controlled skit say in a studio - i too would have had a laugh... but to come out to a game like that is just pathetic....

As for people saying they find it funny... that's all well and good - but in all honesty as a bulldog supporter im sick of being hounded at games by drunk opposition fans asking if i carry a knife, and if my team loses will i use it etc... and this joke does nothing to help that stereotype...

Hope you never watch fat pizza.

An41

Juniors
Godz Illa said:
haha I saw it and laughed. I walked past while the camera was on - omg I hope I get on tv.

How could you laugh at something like this, its so upsetting im getting all butthurt

Latest posts