What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cheap Shot Mason

>zuzu<

Juniors
taipan said:
Mason is becoming a dumbass-the sucker punch was a one off.He would have got the 1week(too lenient IMO) for the cheap shot on Long.If it had been a NRL game at least 4 weeks-raised elbow to the head.Nearly took his friggin head off.
Why he doesn't concentrate on being the damaging runner he is,rather than trying to be a boxer like his bro leaves me cold.
Well it was bought onto themselves when they basically said that all they would be doing is paying fines.

And lets face it. It made the match a whole lot better. Im not going to completely defend Masons actions, but all the fans loved to see a bit of biff between to high quality teams.

Kurt Angle

First Grade
Tournamanet involving Australia and GB/England.

2004 Trinations: Winner Australia
2003 Kangaroo tour: Winner Australia
2001 Kangaroo tour: Winner Australia
2000 World Cup: Winner Australia
1999 Trinations: Winner Australia
1995 World Cup: Winner Australia
1994 Kangaroo tour: Winner Australia
1992 World Cup: Winner Australia
1992 Lions Tour: Winner Australia
1990 Kangaroo Tour: Winner Australia
1988 World Cup: Winner Australia
1988 Lions Tour: Winner Australia
1986 Kangaroo Tour: Winner Australia
1984 Lions Tour: Winner Australia
1982 Kangaroos Tour: Winner Australia

I can keep going back to 1959.. And you'll only see GB's name twice

:lol:

deluded pom?

Coach
The game goes around in cycles. Look further back and see how the Poms dominated you colonials. How long did it take you to first win an Ashes series ? Every (British) Bulldog has his day. Even Willie.;-)

Bob8

Juniors
The game is far bigger in Australia and Aussie are still favourites for the tri-nations. This is one of the reasons you must have a better player to put forward than Mason.

Phillips

Referee
and when mason was fronted by peacock in a real punch up, he went down like a sack of sh*t

Phillips

Referee
TheParraboy said:
How is that punch a cheap shot?

Did the pom have his back turned? lol

the pom was acting like a tart

got what was coming to him, the cat

Onya Willy

yep, onya willy

cost Australia the game with that dropped ball, great stuff :cool:

Sam_the_man

First Grade
Kurt Angle said:
Tournamanet involving Australia and GB/England.

2004 Trinations: Winner Australia
2003 Kangaroo tour: Winner Australia
2001 Kangaroo tour: Winner Australia
2000 World Cup: Winner Australia
1999 Trinations: Winner Australia
1995 World Cup: Winner Australia
1994 Kangaroo tour: Winner Australia
1992 World Cup: Winner Australia
1992 Lions Tour: Winner Australia
1990 Kangaroo Tour: Winner Australia
1988 World Cup: Winner Australia
1988 Lions Tour: Winner Australia
1986 Kangaroo Tour: Winner Australia
1984 Lions Tour: Winner Australia
1982 Kangaroos Tour: Winner Australia

I can keep going back to 1959.. And you'll only see GB's name twice

:lol:

Why don't you include last years series?:lol:

And also mention the first 50 years of test football?:D

Typical Australian selective memory.

carlnz said:
Would of been a great hit if Fielding was throwing them back, so it was a cheap shot!

Want to see a great hit? go watch Webcke vs Champion in 2002 Now that is a "great" hit.

Cheap shot?? FMD. You wanna see a definition of a cheap shot - you Kiwis are the best of the best.

Brendon Tuuta's knee vs Paul Vautins forehead
Richard Loe's forearm vs Paul Carozza's nose
Even the "brawl' in the first test had attempted punches on Matt King from behind by your kiwi schoolgirl brigade. Was anyone cited???, and did anyone complain from our side??

Mason's WAS a one-on-one, face-to-face clash with Fielden. you call that a cheap shot eh???

As for Campion vs Webcke, see Charlie Saab's comment.

JJ

Immortal
meh - leave us Kiwis out of it... or I'll bring up Kevin Tamati smacking the living sh*t out of Greg Dowling :lol:

Seriously though, most of these people who are calling Mason's punch a cheap shot would put Les Boyd at the top of their list of tough players and not see the irony.

But given the comments made during the week by Messrs Fielden and Mason, there was always likely to be some argy-bargy when they came together in a tackle... again, was Fielden surprised that Mason took a swing, it was pretty f**king predictable

carlnz

Bench
Bring back John Fifita said:
Brendon Tuuta's knee vs Paul Vautins forehead
And im sure Les boyd did nothing to any kiwi player....
Richard Loe's forearm vs Paul Carozza's nose
Rugby?? Thats a girls sport no need to bring anything up like that...or what about the Aussie androtop that throw a million ounches on Frank Bunce and he was trying to take cover??
Even the "brawl' in the first test had attempted punches on Matt King from behind by your kiwi schoolgirl brigade. Was anyone cited???, and did anyone complain from our side??
Hence why you call it a brawl, i seem to recall other Australian players coming in throwing punches.:crazy:
Mason's WAS a one-on-one, face-to-face clash with Fielden. you call that a cheap shot eh???
Face to face and one player throw's a punch, because the other one is holding his jumper....yeah thats a great shot:sarcasm:
Cheap shot?? FMD. You wanna see a definition of a cheap shot - you Kiwis are the best of the best.
Danny Williams - enough said........oh Luke Richardenson (however you spell it) on Fien....

carlnz

Bench
C.P said:
Fielden couldnt throw them back cos he went down like a sack of sh*t :lol: By your reckoning then as long as someone can throw one back they havent been cheap shotted :crazy: So your saying Mason would of been ok except his first punch was too good. Craziest logic ive seen in this whole thread.

At no stage was Fielding going to throw a punch, you cant throw a punch at someone who is standing their because he is holding your jumper. Everybody knows he would lose in a fight with Mason so thats why i knew he wouldnt throw one back.

C.P said:
I've posted this in another thread but CarlNZ you and others are so adamant it was a cheap shot, why werent you in here screaming blue murder when Matt King got up swinging at Manu Vatuvei in Game 1??? He had less of a chance to defend himself than Fielden

Im all for fights, just not cheap shots. Fights and brawls are what fans want to see, not good for kids but its what people remember and it attracts more people who are sick of rugby and girly soccer. Plus i do recall other Australians coming in throwing punches so how is it a cheap shot?? Considering King throwed the first punch??

carlnz

Bench
C.P said:
I've posted this in another thread but CarlNZ you and others are so adamant it was a cheap shot, why werent you in here screaming blue murder when Matt King got up swinging at Manu Vatuvei in Game 1??? He had less of a chance to defend himself than Fielden

"Now, I'm really happy that that precedent they've set is to let those players off … But there were a lot of people involved in a brawl in New Zealand [game one], and there were a lot of punches - there was a lot of striking there.
"Why is this striking charge before the judiciary, and not the other ones? It's only because I didn't promote that [Manu] Vatuvei should have been charged. Have I done the wrong thing by Willie Mason by not putting Vatuvei up for striking on Matt King?
"Matty King - he was striking in the first game as well. Has Brian McClennan done the wrong thing as well?

carlnz said:
Hence why you call it a brawl, i seem to recall other Australian players coming in throwing punches.:crazy:

I was referring attempted punches from behind on Matt King...ie when the intended recipient is facing the other direction...hmmm - this is not classified as a cheap shot according to Carl....

carlnz said:
Face to face and one player throw's a punch, because the other one is holding his jumper....yeah thats a great shot:sarcasm:

However, a face-to-face confrontation such as Mason's IS a Cheap shot.

The world according to CarlNZ.

hutch

First Grade
deluded pom? said:
FFS what would the score have been if Big Girl's Blouse Willie hadn't lifted the Aussies . I dread to think.Love your sig hutch "Kangaroos = 17 Australians playing for Australia". Who are they? Hunt? Kaufusi? Mason? Why even one of your all time greats came from Warrington . FFS you'll be recalling the Kwi for the Brisbane game next.

they sure are mate. because contrary to what you may think, it is possible to be australian without you and 6 generations of grandparents being born here. people move here all the time, some of them end up playing rugby league for australia.

ps. i know im probably starting to sound like a broken record on this issue, but i feel its my duty to inform the misinformed ;-)

carlnz

Bench
I was referring attempted punches from behind on Matt King...ie when the intended recipient is facing the other direction...hmmm - this is not classified as a cheap shot according to Carl....
Who was it? And what was John Thurston doing too:shock: I do recall everybody throwing punches unlike Cheap Shot Willy.

However, a face-to-face confrontation such as Mason's IS a Cheap shot.

The world according to CarlNZ.

Face it he went for it at no stage did Fielding look like he was going to throw one , guilty as charged. It was cheap shot because he was not going to fight mason.......both fools got what they deserved, knocked out and suspended.

And Cheap Shot Mason should keep his mouth shut in future about cheap shots when he got knocked the f**k out from a straight on charge from Kidwell. Yet you dont see kidwell running his mouth off, even King said it wasent a cheap shot...

And IMO the elbow to the head on Sean Long has been the biggest Cheap Shot on the Tri Series so far...........

The funny thing is he is being tipped as the next leader of the Roos, yet he has no leadership about him. Maybe in the NRL, but International footy? nah he is better when he shuts his mouth and plays hard and fair. Well thats my opinion anyways...im just a Kiwi enjoying the Poms and Roos smash each other. Cant wait for the Brisbane match:crazy:

hutch

First Grade
carlnz said:
Face it he went for it at no stage did Fielding look like he was going to throw one , guilty as charged. It was cheap shot because he was not going to fight mason.......both fools got what they deserved, knocked out and suspended.

how do you know he wasnt go to throw one? he said he was going to, he went at mason, how do you know what was going to happen next?

CharlieF

Juniors
I can tell you that all the talk in GB is about the thuggery from Mason on Long (cant beleive they found nothing in it). It should have been GB's big win over the Aussies. Take what you like out of it, that is what is being promoted by all media outlets in England. Surely it can't be good for the promotion of the game Internationally. His suspension may go some way to rectifying this, although it should have been for the Long high tackle.

PRIDEOFLIONS

Juniors
hutch said:
how do you know he wasnt go to throw one? he said he was going to, he went at mason, how do you know what was going to happen next?

Forest Gump new exactly what was going to happen. He was going to tee-off on somebody. His defence was, like his performance, hilarious (the same word he used to describe GB the week previously) but what is more hilarious are the people that defend his defence. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Latest posts